Batman Begins

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
dwarfkicker said:
It's also the way Batman should be as a character and as a story (the way it's told anyway).

I can see the new Batman movies being DC's equivalent to Marvel's Spiderman.

Actually, that kind of sums up exactly why it's NOT the way Batman should be handled as a character. I like the movie, but, albeit intentionally, it's a watered down, pedestrian Batman; more like Bruce Wayne in a batsuit, so to speak. It would be like if Guts just dressed up as the Beast to scare people instead of actually having the Beast inside him. Perhaps they'll address it more deeply in the sequels (a good idea anyway).

Anyway, you probably saw me and Pariah going on about this crap, already. ;)

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
What about the guy who played the green goblin in spiderman? I can see that!

He does haves a joker friendly face. Jim Carey would have been an awesome joker, but he can't be both the riddler and the joker can't he? Anyhow whom ever plays the joker will have a hard time matching up to jack nicholson.

Griffith

ELEKTRO said:
He does haves a joker friendly face. Jim Carey would have been an awesome joker, but he can't be both the riddler and the joker can't he?

Oh, I fully believe in his ability to ruin both characters.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Hikari_Sunbeam said:
I think the first two Batman movies were the best. These days movies are recreated over and over with different actors playing the same role. I hate that. They may not be realistic but, I stick with the original, the first two.
  Same as the cartoons. They were recreated a couple of times. Just as X-Men and Spiderman were.

DC characters such as Batman were actually recreated on several occasions in their original comic form, so it's no wonder to see that same process in movies nowadays. And it's quite healthy.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ELEKTRO said:
Anyhow whom ever plays the Joker will have a hard time matching up to Jack Nicholson.

Merlin-Wall_chiba.jpg

I vote Merlin, I mean, Sam Neill.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Gary Oldman hasn't signed up for the Batman sequel?! You can not be Sirius!

Oh yeah, I'm gonna go check it out tonight -- so I'll be sure to come back here and tell you all how much I hate Katie Holmes. Oh -- and Walter.. Sam Neil is the most PERFECT choice ever. They should pay you for the idea.

Perhaps they'll address it more deeply in the sequels (a good idea anyway).

It would be a good idea to see Bruce Wayne become more of the Batman that we all know (or don't know). This was Bruce starting his new way of life as Batman and it showed that he wasn't the greatest at what he did. He was rough around the edges. I'm sure over the next two movies we'll see Bruce become more of the Dark Knight and less like "Bruce Wayne in a costume."

Since the Superman movie is coming out soon, I hope the third movie follows the plot of Dark Knight Returns. Crossover action!

I thought it was a fun movie, I felt the end was ruined by the obvious reference to the next movie, though. Geez, are movies movies now, or are they 2 hr installments in a theatrical miniseries?

Griffith

Denial said:
Since the Superman movie is coming out soon, I hope the third movie follows the plot of Dark Knight Returns. Crossover action!

I wish, though, I don't think it would be the same with Nolan's Bateman fighting Singer's Superqueer. Did you know there was an idea of having Eastwood star and direct a DKR adaptation in the 80's before the 1989 movie came out? For better or worse, I would have liked to have seen that; BATMAN: UNFORGIVEN.

Denial said:
I thought it was a fun movie, I felt the end was ruined by the obvious reference to the next movie, though. Geez, are movies movies now, or are they 2 hr installments in a theatrical miniseries?

Though I agree with you in principle, I found it to be enjoyable in this case. Obligatory sequel or not, it is "Batman Begins", and I like how they deliberately established Batman's world in the end (that you were watching it get established the whole time).

Anyway, I'd be most impressed if this was all Nolan's secret roundabout plan to do DKR, even if he blows it.

I really liked it. It has brought faith Back to DC comics made into movies for the first time in god knows how long, and as I was a DC fan it's good to see.

The action was pretty bad and disappointing in it which has already been spoken about but still, real letdown. I am so tired of the cheap trick of jumping from scene to scene in less than a second during action scenes, and the creators would probably have made it out to be that Batman strikes before anyone can get a clear idea on whats happening (as they seem to intentionally make it so he strikes when his prey least expect it) but it could have been done so much better, especially considering the budget on the film. In that sense Revenge of the sith was much more superior to it action when it came to action choreography. 8)

Having said that it really is my only real complaint about the film, it was overall very enjoyable for many reasons and shits all over even Tim Burtons versions.

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Sparnage said:
Having said that it really is my only real complaint about the film, it was overall very enjoyable for many reasons and shits all over even Tim Burtons versions.

It's just a different take, it doesn't shit all over anything. Still, while I really dig the first Burton version, I find Batman returns to be average, at best. It bores me.
Check this out. Now, that's what I call shitting all over ;)

http://www.desyeuxdesoreilles.com/lamachineacaca/intro.html

Griffith

Yeah, I still say the first Burton one is the ultimate Batman flick. Returns was... more like Edward Batmanhands.

BOB

poruno sutâ
liked the movie.
Shaky fight cam and cheesy dialogs about conquering fear sucked, tho.

Character development does not equal pathos #intonation on this brilliant remark of mine comes in a baritone, fatherly sounding voice with lots of emphasis on "does not" .

But if there's gonna be much more of these films with too much attitude I'm going to go back to Hulk Hogan mercenary flicks in video stores.

Top Bottom