Berserk PS2 Game - New Korean Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
So anyone know of a good place to pre-order this game (kana/kanji-only sites aside)?

Because I don't want to end up paying over $100 for this game when I could probably get it for less.

Also, is this the "Branded Box"?

The Branded Box is the "Limited Edition" yeah, and the official price from Sammy's site is ~$100. You can get it from Nippon-Export for just that price, but they don't have that many boxes left.

john2kx said:
everything I say is deduced from the manga, and is quite obvious if you just think about it.

There's nothing obvious in what you said, especially if you refer to the manga.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Lazarus said:
I'm really new here and i was wondering if you have any scans on this page?
I don't know where to begin....
1. Don't ask for scans
2. don't post in an irrelevant topic to your post
3. Try finding your answer before you post using the handy search link at the top of the page.
4. Don't post dumb questions.(or don't ask questions if you are a dumb person.)
5. Don't drink and drive 8)

I found this description on an import site shop.himeya.com

The translation is horrible, but whatever:

==============
Game Synopsis:

The charm element full load of fan musts, such as a new character of the side story of Mr. Kentaro Miura newly-written work, or game original,!! It is important point attention also at beautiful CG movie exceeding 70 minutes. Invigoration mown off to the inside of a blow of the enemy who stands in rows! It can experience that the swordsman Guts who usual-state-people-separated by the new system "an Around attack system" fights. It takes drastic measures against the formidable enemies who bar one after another! The work of a game no one but of the "brand mode" which can let out a bold move, and the "Berserk mode" which will be in a matchless state is also many.

=============
What I'm curious to know about is if that's true.  70 minutes of CG movie???  I'm thinking they meant seconds... but man, if it's indeed 70 minutes... that'll be amazing!

Anyone have any ideas?

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Wow I just got around to downloading this trailer.. it looks so fricken amazing I almost cried and pissed my pants at the same time. Good God I want this game.

Actually, it might be true... now that I think about it, because the trailer itself is well over 2 minutes (which is more than 70 seconds) and the trailer just shows little clips here and there of several scenes, so in the real game, the scenes could be pretty long.

But of course, the entire trailer isn't CG, some of it looks like in game graphics... maybe there is over 70 minutes of movie (not necessarily CG)?

I remember the DC game had tons of movies.  They weren't CG but they were still entertaining to watch, IMO.

So... I dunno?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
maybe there is over 70 minutes of movie (not necessarily CG)?

I read something along these lines a while ago, so I'd say it's likely (the 70 minutes of movie, dunno if it's all CG or not).

bandoogiemanz

"Causality. We are all slaves to it."
Did Sammy give an official word on whether or not they're going to release this game in the U.S.? I wish they would, at least that way, I would know I have to buy the japanese version. I was looking into ways to allow my PS2 to play import games, and since I'm not really familiar with it, I wonder if anyone here might be willing to share how they plan on playing this game? I've read about a flip top cover, and a slide tool. Is anyone here familiar with that, or has used or plans on using either of those? Also, does anyone know if there's English subtitles in the game? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bandoogiemanz said:
Did Sammy give an official word on whether or not they're going to release this game in the U.S.?

Not that I know.

bandoogiemanz said:
I was looking into ways to allow my PS2 to play import games, and since I'm not really familiar with it, I wonder if anyone here might be willing to share how they plan on playing this game?

I've bought a non-solder modchip that I installed myself to play the demo, it allows you to switch the CDs/DVDs from the PS2 with minimal effort. Of course some booting devices like Swap Magic are required.

bandoogiemanz said:
Also, does anyone know if there's English subtitles in the game?

Nope, why would there be anyway?

bandoogiemanz

"Causality. We are all slaves to it."
Aazealh said:
I've bought a non-solder modchip that I installed myself to play the demo, it allows you to switch the CDs/DVDs from the PS2 with minimal effort. Of course some booting devices like Swap Magic are required.

Nope, why would there be anyway?

What kind of modchip was it, and what kind of installation is necessary? Also, if there's no subtitles, then there is no way to understand what they're saying. Wouldn't that take away from the overall experience of the game? I don't think I'd be willing to pay the pricetag for this game if I can't understand what they characters are saying, especially since there's supposed to be at least 70 minutes of CGI footage.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bandoogiemanz said:
What kind of modchip was it, and what kind of installation is necessary?

A non-solder modchip, as I said, I can't tell you which, and I don't think there's a whole lot of them anyway. As for the installation, you open your PS2, remove some thin cables (connected to the power and open/close buttons), plug the chip where they were, plug the cables in the chip, assemble the PS2 back.

bandoogiemanz said:
Also, if there's no subtitles, then there is no way to understand what they're saying.

Unless you speak Japanese, or know the manga well enough (the latter won't count for the inedite parts though).

bandoogiemanz said:
I don't think I'd be willing to pay the pricetag for this game if I can't understand what they characters are saying, especially since there's supposed to be at least 70 minutes of CGI footage.

Well it's up to you.

Aazealh said:
Unless you speak Japanese, or know the manga well enough (the latter won't count for the inedite parts though).

Also, if you wait a few weeks, I'm sure someone will post up a game/story translation on www.gamefaqs.com.  That's where I get all the info I need when I buy import games, like Naruto, Prince of Tennis, and Initial D.  I can't wait for Naruto 2 for ps2!  Comes out next week!

Then the week after, BERSERKKKK!

On a side note, has anyone seen a picture of the ACTUAL Branded Box?  I want to see the difference in packaging between the normal ed and the limited ed.  If so, please post it here, or PM me or something.  Thanks!

70 minutes eh, that's like a part of a Berserk second season right there.

Hopefully in the future they will bring out a version with subtitle options, they would be stupid not to.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Sparnage said:
70 minutes eh, that's like a part of a Berserk second season right there.

Exactly. If this is what I'm getting for a second season, I really hope they release it in the US and use the anime dub voices.. that way it would actually feel like a second season to me.. and give me some closure in the matter.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some new videos were released recently, showing footage of the game, actual playing and such. There's a lot of redundant and already seen parts, but each video seems to have at least a few different scenes from the others, so I just decided to post them all.

Among other things, we can hear the voices of the mysterious kid, Zodd and Grunbeld, and see his transformation as an apostle (btw, I wondered if they could make something worse than "Ogle", and they did: meet "Gurunberd").

Here's the links, the videos' size range between 10mb and 28mb.

Berserk PS2 Game Footage 01
Berserk PS2 Game Footage 02
Berserk PS2 Game Footage 03
Berserk PS2 Game Footage 04
Berserk PS2 Game Footage 05
Berserk PS2 Game Footage 06

On a side note, I'd appreciate people that want to show these to other communities not to post a direct link to the files, but to rehost them.

Damm, those videos are great! Tks a lot to share them!
I think my best one is the 2nd, but the one where we see Guts going "berserk" on Caska... I liked that one too!
Anyway, they rock!

That was awesome. That last clip showed him using SK look (pre beast) berserk armor in other areas. Maybe it's an unlockable outfit. I also saw him fighting Griffith with and without his cape. Speaking of which he fights Griffith :eek:. And the cinematic moves, like when he put the cannon in Zodd's mouth and blasted him :eek:. This better come state side. Wow. Just wow. No. Awesome to the max ;D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom