Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my take on Griff's revival of the Berserk painting:

enc-logo1.jpg

enc-logo-2.jpg

Take 2

PS: No, me posting a submission does NOT mean it's over.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
Hey I'm not good at blending or anything so my banners are really weak compared to the others but I have and idea that I think might be pretty cool. I'd stick with Guts and Griffiths portraits or something to represent them, like the behelit and the brand or the beast armor. But what I want to do is like do that and then have the background image be a battlefield or something, I made one with the hawks bodies in the background but it was worse than the ones I'm posting. Basically I'm just posting these to show you the idea I was talking about, and maybe somebody who actually can do this type of stuff might wanna try it out. Either way I figured I'd say something

Here's what I came up with

http://img1.imagetown.net/69e17f86b3867d7333a4564b108ebf3e00644e821111373696.jpg

or this one...

http://img1.imagetown.net/380e87e8fe3b7df4bcac547e1f5264812f8278b01111374118.jpg

Like I say I made these to maybe inspire some people with talent to try something like this out.

But so far all of these are extremely well done. Keep up the great work!

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Walter said:
Here's my take on Griff's revival of the Berserk painting:

enc-logo1.jpg

PS: No, me posting a submission does NOT mean it's over.

That looks pretty awesome! I like what you've got going on with the type. Something similar might even work with some of the black and white entries. My only negative comment would be it's a little hard to see Guts. 

And although it seems kind of weird and possibly hypocritical to bring it up seeing as though we're using Miura's art without his express permission, if this painting were to be used for the banner, it would be nice to ask the artist if it's ok beforehand.  In my mind, I guess, because this is a site that is openly dedicated to Miura's Berserk, it's obvious we've got his art on here, but no acknowledgement of the artist who painted that image might piss the guy (I think it was a guy?) off.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
"Griffith No More!" said:
winner.jpg

winnerlogo.jpg

And here's a crappily inserted logo for the imagination-impaired.​
Griff.... If I was a girl... I would spread my legs right now. Seriously, I loooove it!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
And although it seems kind of weird and possibly hypocritical to bring it up seeing as though we're using Miura's art without his express permission, if this painting were to be used for the banner, it would be nice to ask the artist if it's ok beforehand.

I like that painting a lot myself, but the font Walter used on it doesn't work IMHO. And asking the author would indeed be necessary, he's called Himchan Choi (Korean).

puella

Berserk forever
Aazealh said:
I'll post the original tonight if you want it.

Tonight is too late. ;)

gutsfemto.jpg

I made a thread about that picture almost a year ago.

Guts and Femto

Drawn by Himchan- Choi, Korean graphic artist. There was a link where we could see his many other works other than that masterpiece above but it's gone. So we can't find him if we want to ask him to allow to use his work for the banner. :-X

That's really cool Griffith. I like the Gold light around Griffith, Griffith. :D

Here is a simple, yet epic one from me:
cbann.jpg

- C

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
"Griffith No More!" said:

Nice idea and image, but IMHO the light coming from behind Griffith is way too bright.  A sunset definitely works for the image, but I would suggest lowering the saturation of the yellow to make it a little more subtle.  Very cool and epic though.

C, your last submission is nice too, I like the simplicity.  It would probably look fine in color like the original image, too.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Uriel said:
Griff's last submission gets my vote.

Where are your submission(s)? You're the Encyclopedia Banner Champion, you can't go down without a fight. :)

TheSkyTraveller said:
Nice idea and image, but IMHO the light coming from behind Griffith is way too bright.  A sunset definitely works for the image, but I would suggest lowering the saturation of the yellow to make it a little more subtle.  Very cool and epic though.

Thank you, and yeah, I did try lowering the saturation at first since Wally didn't want blazing yellow, and because Griffith looks like a floodlight. But, I figured I'd just leave all that to Wally's discretion if he likes it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You win.

No really, it's so perfect and fitting, you can almost miss it because it just serves it's purpose so well without being flashy. It's just head and shoulders about everything else here in both style and criteria.

TheSkyTraveller said:
It's a little bit taller than the others...

It looks great, and I'm sure a little squishing wouldn't hurt it in any case.

beautiful, epic sphere Griffith no more; nice banner!

some of guts and Griffith...

Gutsblood.jpg

griffhairlong3.jpg

g_g3.jpg

g_g4.jpg

guttsblood.jpg

redwhite.jpg

maybe I'll work some more out (if there are some positive reactions on these simple compositions..)

Posted by: TheSkyTraveller Posted on: March 21, 2005, 10:34:55 PM

C, your last submission is nice too, I like the simplicity. It would probably look fine in color like the original image, too.

Why thank you nice lady. :D Here it is in color, I just took out the color cause Walter said he would rather have it without color.

cbann2.jpg

- C

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Damage Control said:
http://www.10-4.kingswolf.com/banner-c.jpg
- C
I really like the way this one shows the contrast of the characters in such a subtle way. But at the same time I think I would perfer something more recent in the story, something outside of the Golden age.

Thank you Very much for posting the painting Puella. :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the support artists and forumers. I'm going to wait another week, and then we'll throw a poll together to vote on the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom