Dark Horse Releases

I actually got 27, 28, and 29 all in the same shipment. It was nice to come back to Berserk after over half a year, especially since 26 had ended
in the middle of an epic fight, a unique wound, the biggest equipment upgrade for Guts since the Dragon Slayer, and everything else in this series. HUGE cliffhanger.

Week 1 (4/29/09)
Volume 18 (Ironically 18 is my lucky number)

Week 2 (5/13/09)
Volume 1, 24

Week 3 (5/23/09)
Volume 2,3,5

Week 4 (5/28/09)
Volume 6, 29

Week 5 (6/4/2009)
Volume 4,7,8,9

Week 6 (6/13/2009)
Volume 10, 12

(UPDATE)
Week 9 (7/7/2009)
Volume 11,16,17,19,20

Sorry, just got back from vocation, my comic book shop finally got my order in. So hopefully we will keep rolling with no breaks from here on out 5 volumes this time. (Volume 7 not featured, because I'm drawing renditions from it.)

PICT0167.jpg

X

Xem

How ironic that 13, 14, 15, and 21, 22, 23, are the BEST volumes of all time, and you don't own them yet. Saving the best for last? :griff:

Deci said:
How ironic that 13, 14, 15, and 21, 22, 23, are the BEST volumes of all time, and you don't own them yet. Saving the best for last? :griff:

Its not like that at all. :ganishka: See, I HAVE been ordering them...in order. For some reason when I tell the guy to go ahead and order volumes "13,14,15,16." Some how volumes "5,17,18,20" show up. Not that its happened just like that. Its does seem like a "random selection" but its not...there is no selection, more so "chance." The dude might have 2 volumes one time and 3 or 4 the next time I see him. Even though each time I see him I tell him to order "4 volumes" and each time I do, I ask for them in order. Either way I can make this simple and say its NOT a straight line. LOL I wish it was, but I'm enjoying myself nonetheless.

Weirdly enough, my copy of v.30 shipped yesterday, a full week early as opposed to the two weeks late I've been getting them. Anyone else's orders showing up well in advance?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
LoveHerMadly said:
Weirdly enough, my copy of v.30 shipped yesterday, a full week early as opposed to the two weeks late I've been getting them. Anyone else's orders showing up well in advance?

Mine hasn't shown up yet, but I ordered straight from Things From Another World. Where did you place your order?

From DeepDiscount.com, though typically they ship new volumes two weeks after its actual release date. At $11.16 with free shipping, plus the fact that I've shopped with them for over five years, it's not a bad deal even with the delay.

skullnights_pants

I'm a llama!
volume 15 continuously out of stock in UK in amazon, or new and used for £70

shamed to say, I'm only up to volume 14, I do collected a lot of other mangas so thats why, I have over 200 :guts: but have bought double that. I sell off the stories I don't like

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
skullnights_pants said:
volume 15 continuously out of stock in UK in amazon, or new and used for £70

Buy from amazon.com and have it delivered to you internationally. A bit more expensive than buying locally (especially with the pound sterling's dismal levels), but still the best alternative. That or other European shops of course.

E-mail off Amazon just now:

Kentaro Miura "Berserk Volume 30 (Berserk (Graphic Novels))"
Estimated arrival date: July 30 2009 - August 17 2009

What the fuck? It was supposed to be released 20th July! Now it could go back an entire month?! Fu***** Dark Horse! :mozgus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
E-mail off Amazon just now:

What the fuck? It was supposed to be released 20th July! Now it could go back an entire month?! Fu***** Dark Horse! :mozgus:
This has been a trend for a while, in my experience. Amazon can't seem to keep new releases of Berserk or Vagabond in stock. Maybe they could, oh I dunno, order MORE copies based on previous demand? :schierke:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Does anybody else notice how THIN Vol 30 is compared to the rest? What is it, different paper or something? Either way it weirds me out.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
Does anybody else notice how THIN Vol 30 is compared to the rest? What is it, different paper or something? Either way it weirds me out.

Do you have any pictures? The Japanese version is the same size as the other volumes.

Yea, I got my copy on Saturday and it's definitely thinner. I noticed just how much so when I was walking out of the store with it. I even went back inside to make sure all of the other volume 30's were this thin (they were).

It has the standard 10 episodes, the last of which start on page 189 and presumable ends around ~ page 209. But comparing it to volume 29and feeling the pages, the paper is most certainly thinner. Overall volume 30 is somewhere between 1/4th and 1/3rd thinner than volume 29.

I still can't remember when the price was reported to go up. But if it was projected for volume 30, I would say to everyone, notice how the price is still the same. If thinning the pages was a tactic to save costs.. I honestly think I would have preferred to pay the few extra dollars.

Sorry, no ability to take picture.

I was surprised when I noticed volume 30 was thinner, but I actually like the new paper they printed it on. It feels better in my hands. But, I guess, to each his own.

Where did you guys order it? Everyone I've looked is saying that it isn't out yet, and Amazon haven't changed their statement "anytime between now and late August(!)"

I got it from my local comic book store. I usually grab it the day it comes out on a Wednesday but I was too busy this week.

Jaze1618 said:
I got it from my local comic book store. I usually grab it the day it comes out on a Wednesday but I was too busy this week.

What store has it available so soon? I've tried Amazon, Borders, Barnes & Noble, Big Planet Comics, and Waldenbooks. None of them ever have it available so quickly.

In Seattle Washington there are two branches of 'Xanadu' comics. Both of these branches get the volumes at noon on the day that darkhorse.com lists their release.

Amazon have just emailed me - my volume 30 has been dispatched so should hopefully get it tomorrow. I'm a little apprehensive about this 'thinner' format though.

If they had all been thin from the get go I wouldn't mind as much, and aesthetically it might even be an improvement. Now however I already have 29 thicker volumes. This one doesn't match.

I do hope that with the switch to a thinner format that the volumes themselves will not suffer from increased fragility where I have to worry about my pages ripping.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Jaze1618 said:
If they had all been thin from the get go I wouldn't mind as much, and aesthetically it might even be an improvement. Now however I already have 29 thicker volumes. This one doesn't match.

I do hope that with the switch to a thinner format that the volumes themselves will not suffer from increased fragility where I have to worry about my pages ripping.

I don't think it looks too off when next to the other volumes, but that's just me. To be honest, the paper doesn't really seem to be cheaper, just thinner.

Top Bottom