did any of the long term users here read guin saga? what are the thoughts on that continuation?

considering the influence guin saga had on berserk I wouldn’t be too surprised if any of the hardcore fans here actually read it just too see what miura was inspired by. And to top it off, the author died and it was completed by others. What is the consensus on the quality of that continuation? Might be a shot in the dark but it would make for an interesting comparison. sorry if there is already another thread or if this is the wrong place to post this

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guin Saga's author did not intend for it to end. She had set herself a goal of reaching a hundred volumes, which is enormous for a novel series, and went past it without any end in sight. The story also branched in various ways, focusing on new characters and so on. While she also died early, she had a cancer and had time to prepare for a true end if she wanted to, but didn't.

Regarding the books other authors wrote after her death, as far as I know they haven't been trying to bring it to a conclusion either. They're just keeping it going, which is what she wished for. So with all of this in mind, the two aren't really comparable. But since you're asking, I did read the first five books in that series and found them pleasant. It's standard fantasy fare.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
I have the first volume in english and its the only one Ive read since I never found the other 4 disponible. Im not sure they translated the rest in english or french. Id have to check. I liked the first one though.

Top Bottom