DO you want Gatts to live or die in the end?

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Smith said:
Well but that was something that really bother me too... Is he really getting old?
No, but increased stress isn't healthy, it is most likely the cause of his grey streak, along with the fact that having a large sleep deficit seems to add additional stress to the body. So he is not trully old, his grey is just showing all the difficulty in his past. :)

Eh, no, the grey streak is actually a sideeffect of the berserker armor. If stress was the cause his entire hair would have turned grey after the eclipse.

i agree,

i would shortly after closing the last volume for the last time,

see a bridge flying by me..................

- c  ( :-X)

Smith said:
Well but that was something that really bother me too... Is he really getting old?

It is a bit of a stereotype that if you see or experience something shocking it will make you go gray, in particular when someone witnesses something very scary they will turn gray.
Doesn't mean it will affect his age though, I mean check out Moses, he saw god and went gray all over yet he managed to live to be 120 years old. ;D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Jon Schaffer said:
As long as the series doesn't end with Guts screaming and then waking up and it was all a DREAM! I would kill myself if that happened.
Exactly, if that happened I'm sure heads would roll.
But Matrix would have ended better if they did something like that. The last movie sucked IMO.

Jon Schaffer said:
As long as the series doesn't end with Guts screaming and then waking up and it was all a DREAM! I would kill myself if that happened.

And the best part was he was a farmer!!! With no skills whatsoever, his mum is called Caska and his dad is called Griffith... After waking up screaming, he would walk up toward his parent and said "What a weird dream i had??? I was a super powerful swordsman and that five little toy figure which mum u when i was young make turn out to be a sort of celestial being known as 'Godhand', and dad 1 of them actually resemble you"... Both his parent laughed!!!! THE END

Urgh, I would really puke!!! :p

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Smith said:
And the best part was he was a farmer!!! With no skills whatsoever, his mum is called Caska and his dad is called Griffith... After waking up screaming, he would walk up toward his parent and said  "What a weird dream i had??? I was a super powerful swordsman and that five little toy figure which mum u when i was young make turn out to be a sort of celestial being known as 'Godhand', and dad 1 of them actually resemble you"... Both his parent laughed!!!! THE END

Urgh, I would really puke!!!  :p
Seems like Oedipus complex there. :p
wanting to kill his father in his dream and sleep with his mother. Yeah, definitly would want to puke. :-X

Headless_Death said:
Exactly,  if that happened I'm sure heads would roll.
But Matrix would have ended better if they did something like that.  The last movie sucked IMO.
I always thought the Matrix would end with everyone from the matrix coming into the "real world" but then somehow they find out that they are in yet another matrix.

I know that would fry some minds. ;D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
after watching the second Matrix movie, I thought it was going to be Matrix in a Matrix, due to Neo's power in reality(i.e. Frying the robots with his mind) So yeah, The matrix in a matrix for the end of the third movie would have made a great ending, and would make the most sense.

what if in the last volume,

on the last page,

it ends of course, but to our dismay it was griffiths twisted dream through the eyes of guts :eek:,

who never existed!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

that was cause a coronary in me  :-X

- c

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
It is a bit of a stereotype that if you see or experience something shocking it will make you go gray, in particular when someone witnesses something very scary they will turn gray.
Doesn't mean it will affect his age though, I mean check out Moses, he saw god and went gray all over yet he managed to live to be 120 years old. ;D
I study biotechnologies and human phisiology.....
Stress can produce an improvement of the number of grey hairs (permanent and rarely temporaneuos status)........
What i think is that certainly Guts body due to the super stress is getting older faster!!
To me it would be obvious also for another simple reason: if the armur let the body of Guts move faster and use his muscles in a more powerful way than a normal person, the aging of him body will increase as well..... In facts for example who makes extreem sports gets usually older faster than the others!

If the Armur itself doesn't add any extra Energy to Guts body, then it is logic that his body will consume faster than the others.......
(about grey hairs..... each person starts having grey hairs from different positions in the beginning.... i'm starting from the sides for example!! lol... shit!!)

I

Italian_demon

DemonX said:
Yes with Ishidoro or Rickert as the main charecter all grown up 6 years later...

Mature Ishidoro and mature Shirke sex or mature Rickert and mature erica sex???

Sorry for sounding italian, but I HAD to ask.

What does this means??

I'm Italian and about sex i do, not speak!

I hope you were just joking.... I don't think Italians speak about sex more than any others.....

Italian_demon said:
I study biotechnologies and human phisiology.....
Stress can produce an improvement of the number of grey hairs (permanent and rarely temporaneuos status)........
What i think is that certainly Guts body due to the super stress is getting older faster!!
To me it would be obvious also for another simple reason: if the armur let the body of Guts move faster and use his muscles in a more powerful way than a normal person, the aging of him body will increase as well..... In facts for example who makes extreem sports gets usually older faster than the others!

If the Armur itself doesn't add any extra Energy to Guts body, then it is logic that his body will consume faster than the others.......
(about grey hairs..... each person starts having grey hairs from different positions in the beginning.... i'm starting from the sides for example!! lol... shit!!)

The armour couldn't be making him age rapidly even if his hair has turned white. He has yet to get the strength to kill Griffith and if he really was aging rapidly then it doesn't seem like he could get stronger at the same time.
Besides aside the white hair there has been no signs of him physically any older, and the white hair is in one part, not the standard way of showing old age.

I

Italian_demon

Sparnage said:
The armour couldn't be making him age rapidly even if his hair has turned white. He has yet to get the strength to kill Griffith and if he really was aging rapidly then it doesn't seem like he could get stronger at the same time.
Besides aside the white hair there has been no signs of him physically any older, and the white hair is in one part, not the standard way of showing old age.

Yes maybe you are right about the white hairs......
Anyway i said that i think Guts's body is aging faster than a normal one, not that he's getting old already, we are speaking of a person that is around 20 years old... so maybe his body aged of a few months (or one or 2 years!) instead of a few days after he wore the Armuour!
I can't picture Guts fighting for 10 years with the Armour on and showing he's just 30 years old!
Also i think that the Armour effects on Guts hide what is actually happening to his body!
I wonder how Guts would feel, if, after some years, he takes off the Armour!!

Something i think is sure, Guts face seems quite older and more mature than before (as stated by the white hairs!) and the same goes for his eyes, more sad and deeper than ever!

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Italian_demon said:
What does this means??

I'm Italian and about sex i do, not speak!

I hope you were just joking.... I don't think Italians speak about sex more than any others.....

Ok quick update... I didnt mean italian, stupid me i didnt look up on the subject... I ment Romainian.

Italian_demon said:
Yes maybe you are right about the white hairs......
Anyway i said that i think Guts's body is aging faster than a normal one, not that he's getting old already, we are speaking of a person that is around 20 years old... so maybe his body aged of a few months (or one or 2 years!) instead of a few days after he wore the Armuour!
I can't picture Guts fighting for 10 years with the Armour on and showing he's just 30 years old!
Also i think that the Armour effects on Guts hide what is actually happening to his body!
I wonder how Guts would feel, if, after some years, he takes off the Armour!!

Something i think is sure, Guts face seems quite older and more mature than before (as stated by the white hairs!) and the same goes for his eyes, more sad and deeper than ever!

Dont think he is older i think as someone said the armor drains his energy, guts becoming weaker after every battle... think of it this way when you edure lots of stress your hair becomes gray you dont eat well you dont sleep well in the end it all effects your mental and physical state...

As for the end I think it will be similar to what skullknight said history is repeating it self and guts maybe the next skullnight... Caska has a good chance of geting kiled ether by Griffith or suaside once she regains her mind... Then they will continue berserk with skullknight story ether his guts or his "skullknight" we know.

Also i want a happy ending considering the pain most charactes already endured something like... Remember Caska's baby became human a the tower of insolance... So the baby might comeback to Caska once everything is over... At this point guts will defeat griffith and his army but he may die in the end... yet his legend will live forever and his baby will cary on his name... (or Guts and Caska may finaly be together)

Another theory I have is Guts may become the next king... something like conan the barbarian....

Ether way i want something happy... because they suffered enough already but knowing Japanies story telling its always cruel in the end well it is most of the time ^^

I don't know if this Gray hair from stress is even true because I sure have never heard of it happening outside stories, but it's probably more than just physical and mental stress. It would have to be a side effect of the magic of the armour and how much it fucks you up from wearing it because no matter how stressed you are, people don't suddenly wake up with a pure white part in their hair.
I know the Berserk story of course doesn't always stick to whats rational so the excuse of stress could be used, but I still believe it's just a weird arse side effect of the armour, just like how now his hand shakes often, how he semi colour blind and lost other senses. These factors are certainly not from stress.

Sparnage said:
I don't know if this Gray hair from stress is even true because I sure have never heard of it happening outside stories, but it's probably more than just physical and mental stress. It would have to be a side effect of the magic of the armour and how much it fucks you up from wearing it because no matter how stressed you are, people don't suddenly wake up with a pure white part in their hair.
I know the Berserk story of course doesn't always stick to whats rational so the excuse of stress could be used, but I still believe it's just a weird arse side effect of the armour, just like how now his hand shakes often, how he semi colour blind and lost other senses. These factors are certainly not from stress.
Sparnage is right. Miura had no idea people would dwell so much on why his hair turned white. All it is is the armour is takings Guts body to the limit and Miura felt like showing it so he threw in a big white clump on his head. And the reason for the hand-jittering is most likely because the beast is causing him to become really trigger-happy.

EDIT: Fixed things

I

Italian_demon

Jon Schaffer said:
Sparnage is right. Miura had no idea people would dwell so much on why his hair turned white. All it is is the armour is takings Guts body to the limit and Miura felt like showing it so he threw in a big white clump on his head. And the reason for the hand-jittering is most likely because the beast is causing him to become really trigger-happy.

EDIT: Fixed things

Well you might both be right (even though i never disagreed with you about it), but i still think Miura wanted (also) to attract the attraction on Guts bodies's stress (and maybe also kinda try to make us realize that he is changing inside as a person!).
(Body stress is always => "body obsorescense")

The hand shaking I think that certainly could be produced by the Armur, but maybe it's a part of what is changing in Guts!
The man that were afraid of nothing and felt invincible, he's reaching his limits and realizing that the situation is getting really difficult....
I think that HAND SHAKING is produced more by new feelings.... "Worry/care for others and Fear!" 
Once he faught for Fun, and he wanted to be the best fighter and so on, now he cares about people, loses the controll of his feelings and met Entities that are higher than him and he's realizing that the more he goes ahead the more he's depending on the others to success on his journay!
Guts is a human with feelings, stronger than the others but still human, i think this is the mean meaning of the White hair and the hand shaking!

What i am speculating is that the armor was pushing over his limit both mentally and physically and that y he has white hair and his hand was shaking... Basically it mean that resulted becz he is doing something human was incapable of doing... and that is the side effect of it...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I agree. I was kinda thinking his experience in the armor was kinda like the straw that broke the camel's back. Kinda like he never realy lost himself to the beast the same way as in the armor, and the new, much more intense stressors pushed to higher exertion of his physical limits, as the beasts higher influence pushed his mental limits.

Headless Death said:
I agree. I was kinda thinking his experience in the armor was kinda like the straw that broke the camel's back.  Kinda like he never realy lost himself to the beast the same way as in the armor, and the new, much more intense stressors pushed to higher exertion of his physical limits, as the beasts higher influence pushed his mental limits.

We can't know that for sure as we haven't seen him fight without it on since he first got it in volume 26. It has been confirmed that he can still draw power from it without being in beast mode.

Top Bottom