Dodole's doodles of Lame Title

D0dole said:
Thank you! Have Ubik, cause I think Conrad is lame

That's awesome, Dodole. Thanks for going with my suggestion, he's more beautiful than I thought he'd be. God, I love Ubik. Just look at that bastard.

thegodwenis

elbow-foreskin of evil
Oburi said:
yea, I suggest you finish this, fast! :guts:

I second this!!!! There's totally nothing wrong with the gay calendar idea, in fact, the opening of the berserk anime looks like one XD

I would totally love to see your Guts. I mean, if something needs a critique is the thing you can't get to your satisfaction, right???

Also Skullknight or Zodd would be very cool :badbone: :zodd:

Oburi

All praise Grail
IncorrigibleThief said:
Now make good on that sensual, gay calendar...
HeavyWeather said:
I fully support gay calender Guts.
Ain't nothin' wrong with it. 8)
thegodwenis said:
I second this!!!! There's totally nothing wrong with the gay calendar idea,

:schnoz:

Aazealh said:
I'm gonna go ahead and veto this idea. :azan:
:ganishka: For something that started off as a simple joking comment, it sure did get a lot of replies.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Oburi said:
:ganishka: For something that started off as a simple joking comment, it sure did get a lot of replies.

Beware of fruitcakes. :puck: They're everywhere, even Berserk forums. By the way, I don't think I've ever told you Oburi but your
avatar has excessive amounts of cute. Is that a grail creation?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aphasia said:
Beware of fruitcakes. :puck: They're everywhere, even Berserk forums. By the way, I don't think I've ever told you Oburi but your
avatar has excessive amounts of cute.

I don't like what you are implying. :troll:

Aphasia said:
Is that a grail creation?

Yes, it's all her.

Whew, hello all, and sorry, I've been caught up in quite a few things this past week.

Rhombaad said:
Whoa! That rendering of Ubik is awesome! :ubik:

Thank you~

Aphasia said:
Conrad is cool though! He is the silent plague that destroys civilization. :SK:

Seriously awesome Ubik..almost looks like he's wearing aviators. "Oh yeah"

Haha...that does sound badass. Guess I'm just not a fan of his design.

Eluvei said:
That's awesome, Dodole. Thanks for going with my suggestion, he's more beautiful than I thought he'd be. God, I love Ubik. Just look at that bastard.

Haha you're welcome, it was a lot of fun :)

thegodwenis said:
I second this!!!! There's totally nothing wrong with the gay calendar idea, in fact, the opening of the berserk anime looks like one XD

I would totally love to see your Guts. I mean, if something needs a critique is the thing you can't get to your satisfaction, right???

Also Skullknight or Zodd would be very cool :badbone: :zodd:

But that opening was horrible :isidro: Annd... okay, about Guts, I'll scan something in a sec.

I'd love to eventually work on either of those two. Maybe one day... :)

Aazealh said:
I'm gonna go ahead and veto this idea. :azan:

Oburi said:

Hahaha, indeeeed. I was kidding guys, there's no gay calendar in the making. :iva: Or IS THERE? No seriously there isn't.

Anyways, it looks more like a gatorade ad with all the blue crap now. I'll most likely start over with that but still, have an update-ish wip pic. SEE, I AM WORKING ON IT GUYS. KINDA.

I reworked the face but... I don't think it looks any better now.

guts7.jpg

And... here, I wasn't gonna upload this one (done around the same time as Griffith's) but if anyone has suggestions on how to make it more Guts-like... or even any crit at all, they'd be very welcome. (That includes the colored pic)

I swear, one day I'll draw something else than boring floating heads :puck:

gutsHead.jpg

wow very good work for the first one, for the second one I think that the ear is too big and should be a little higher.

Raffiki said:
wow very good work for the first one, for the second one I think that the ear is too big and should be a little higher.

Noted. I'll take that in consideration next time, thanks!

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Awesome! your loose sketches remind me of Disney story boards. I could imagine it pinned up amongst a whole slew of different poses and expressions. Cool stuff. Would agree about the ear, but that's just a very minor gripe.

Aphasia said:
Awesome! your loose sketches remind me of Disney story boards. I could imagine it pinned up amongst a whole slew of different poses and expressions. Cool stuff. Would agree about the ear, but that's just a very minor gripe.

Oh wow, how I wish... :badbone: That's a really nice thing to say, thanks :)

Hi all! All the cool kids are doing it and the latest episode was effing gorgeous so I thought I'd try it out. Scan colorisation!!

I tried out some new ways to color things, cause I wanted to preserve the lines and not bury them under photoshop painting. It's fun, it looks a lot cleaner than what I usually end up with. :badbone: But since I don't have Miura's drawing skills and I can't ink anything properly to save my life, this kind of colorisation wouldn't work too well on my own stuff. Sucks.

Oh yeah and I gave up on the other Guts colo. Was taking way too much time for not enough result. Sorry, I'm lame :(

e317p21.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great; I like your style a lot. I think Guts is too tanned in that picture compared to Farnese though.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I think Guts skin tone is ok.
I like the overall picture too. :ubik:

Kinda wish you did one with Schierke. :griffnotevil:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Fantasic color, D0dole! Very clean and professional looking. My only criticism would be, this is still at night, so the intensity of the brightness on Farnese's face in particular seems a little artificial.

Aazealh said:
Looks great; I like your style a lot. I think Guts is too tanned in that picture compared to Farnese though.

Thanks! True eh, I was focusing on everything else and never noticed that.

Truder said:
I think Guts skin tone is ok.
I like the overall picture too. :ubik:

Kinda wish you did one with Schierke. :griffnotevil:

Haha thanks, that's not a bad idea, I was looking for other great pannels I'd like to work on. Any suggestions?

Walter said:
Fantasic color, D0dole! Very clean and professional looking. My only criticism would be, this is still at night, so the intensity of the brightness on Farnese's face in particular seems a little artificial.

Thank you :) Gotta agree. I wasn't too sure about how to make a moonlight effect so I just made a plain lighting and changed the brightness and color balance afterwards. Guess it shows :iva:

Thank you guys! I'm glad you like.

I wasn't sure how to color her eyes, since she apparently has no pupils.

slan69 said:
I recommend you color Slan next. :carcus:

I like the idea! Not sure about the troll intestine version though (unless it's the kissing scene :slan:), I'll go through my older volumes again and see.

Here's another one I started earlier today, just trying to get the values right on the armor first. This armor. It so awesome. I hate it. It's so hard to work on. Not sure when (and/or if) I'm gonna finish it though since the weekend is coming to an end. :judo: It always flies by so fast.

Berserk_v35c315p15.jpg

Top Bottom