Episode 203

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In the astral world, the restrictions of the material world are negligible, so if you stay there long enough, it gets easier to control matter by the force of your spirit.
Could this be an explanation for Guts wielding of the Dragon Slayer?

CnC

Ad Oculos
it would certainly explain his strength and speed.

screw the elf theory... this one's much better :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
This episode is not funny.... Will Berserk become the Japanese version of Dungeons & Dragons ?
Christ man, did you even read the other revelations of this chapter? I mean, I was skeptical at first, when all we knew of 203 was the weapons bit, but the new Skully info, and Flora's tidbit about the astral planes increasing one's power...

And you're still stuck on the weapons? Im impressed. :-/

Lliugusamui

around the corner
olivier , how is the reaction of farneze to those witches stuff, that non-conventional ( pagan ? ) theology and so far ? is there sthg special about her since 200 ?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
hhuh ! right !^^
anyway i thought you could know, err
if puella know ( or rather remember of what has been thrown into trash ;) ), i'd be happy to hear her ...
that makes me think : could Schierke make Farneze insane instead of Casca ? i'd prefer ...

puella

Berserk forever
olivier , how is the reaction of farneze to those witches stuff, that non-conventional ( pagan ? ) theology and so far ? is there sthg special about her since 200 ?
as far as I know, no. but you know I don't know Japanese so I could be wrong since I just saw the drawings and read a few words. :'(
and she threw away her faith already I think.

D

Drachenfels

Am I the only one that doesn't like this new path Berserk is taking?
I always like the "one man against destiny" theme of the series. Magic was something unknown and even when it existed, it was only wielded by evil forces. The evil was overwhelming and seemingly invincible for humans.
For all humans but Guts. He trained his skills to the absolute limit a mortal could reach, and defeated the evil(partially). But it was him a human, that defeated the apostles, not some magic that did the work for him.
With the appearence of the magic weapons, the explanation of the elements/astral/material world, Berserk looses some of it's charm to me. Now you got the explanation for the magic, and it's nothing mysterious anymore. If the magic weapons(I don't like the idea of enchated or by elements possesed weapons) now cut a apostle in half by one slash, I will give up. I see it as some kind of "cheat"; I think the humans should grow beyond their limits(like Guts) and beat the evil, and not having the help of some kind of "Idea of good". At very least, this anti-god to the Idea of Evil shouldn't be nearly as strong as the Idea, since the evil is far stronger in Berserk then the good. Berserk shouldn't become some cliched "Good vs. Evil" setting, but remain it's depth, with all the shades and grey between good(white) and evil(black).
Genrally, I don't like it that Berserk becomes so much overloaded with magic like some kind of DnD bullshit; I'm sure it won't come to that(Miura wouldn't walk that path, I'm sure). Ok, enough of my opinion.

Oh, and:

you're not funny.

funny.jpg

Could you please use next time this image when you want to express your feelings? ;)

puella

Berserk forever
Am I the only one that doesn't like this new path Berserk is taking?
I always like the "one man against destiny" theme of the series.
you are not the only one. :) I hate magic power, too and I love "one guy against severe fate" soooooo much.
Besides I don't like comic berserk personally though my beloved Puck plays a role in it a lot.
In short I hate romantic, comic and magic berserk, ic..ic..ic.
but they are important parts of berserk! that's it.

Guts can't fight against tremendous power of Griffith's army with just one guy Serpico.
Look! who Guts has except Serpico.
A wild boy, an insane girl, a noble girl who doesn't know how to fight very much, a sexy elf ;)
At least Guts refused to have the magic weapons from Flora.
........huh?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
but Guts can't fight against tremendous power of Griffith's army with just one guy Serpico.
A wild boy, an insane girl, a noble girl who doesn't know how to fight very much, an sexy elf ;)
........huh?

you forgot a young powerful gorgeous witch, didn't you ? ;)
and some skull knight that is gonna be clearer and clearer to me, i expect him to help guts's clique directly as soon as possible.
and it is not foolish to think some bridge berserker aka Azan will return to help him too, Jerome too, perhaps
and what if guts finds many witches and elves at elfheim that are going to help him : throw tornados, eruptes volcans, start eartquakes, bring tsunamis, give guts a wise dragon, teach him the kamehameha, the kikoha, the final flash ( of course ) and the genkidama ( for the last battle only ^^ )
maybe i'm too extrapolive there, but guts's gonna have more and more allies !
and elves were forced to appear more clearly while the manga advanced : Puck is not a freak, though it is said by some 'paysous'

anyway, you should considere that if someone wants to do a great quest ( here guts ) all alone, there is only one way to him : death
guts has to link his nature with others, in that, i think he's more mature and has understand some of the Godo's preach

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

but Guts can't fight against tremendous power of Griffith's army with just one guy Serpico.
A wild boy, an insane girl, a noble girl who doesn't know how to fight very much, an sexy elf ;)
........huh?
who said: He has to go toe to toe with a army of apostles? If he does, he could have the armies of the whole world behind him and he will lose nonetheless. Battles sometimes are fought a different way. And this is one of those istances. Personally I think that is more important weaken the faith that everyone has in Griffith just now.
P.s. a magic vs magic battle will destroy the world, not save it . (think of nukes)

puella

Berserk forever
you forgot a young powerful gorgeous witch, didn't you ?  ;)
I mean "before Guts gets magic stuff" (of course Schirieke included)  ;) ;)

who said: He has to go toe to toe with a army of apostles? If he does, he could have the armies of the whole world behind him and he will lose nonetheless.
but it's necessary for Guts to fight Griffith's apostles and the army before meet Griffith alone. No doubt they are much larger than Guts band.
it's also true Guts doesn't have to fight with armies of the WHOLE WORLD.
Battles sometimes are fought a different way. And this is one of those istances. Personally I think that is more important weaken the faith that everyone has in Griffith just now.
P.s. a magic vs magic battle will destroy the world, not save it . (think of nukes)
good call indeed!

Lliugusamui

around the corner

Of course, that was what i meant by witches using tsunamis or earthquakes and teaching genkidama ^^
Guts has psyche problems to pass over, anyway, I find that he is maturer and maturer, and tends to consider others as much as himself and his present-non-sense revenge ( well, not yet for this one ... guts isn't a wise monk ).

Thanks to kakuryans, his aim is well-seen and is the same as those who are against God Hand.Thus I wonder a bit whether SK wanna help him because of Guts ( and his revenge ) or because of his own 'revenge'. I'll report this subject to another time coz i'm not clear about it, I have noticed ^^

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Honestly, the damn story hasn’t been about Guts all singing all dancing one-man struggle since volume 17. Anyway, the moral was that it was folly on Guts his part.  Anybody remember the Beast of Shadow? Guts was becoming worse than the Apostles he was hunting down and killing; he had to be to go it alone, he was winning the battles but losing his humanity.  Guts wasn’t conquering any evil with the power of the human spirit, he was just succumbing to the evil within himself.

Now to the whole magic issue in general. Why is everyone looking at this so narrow-mindedly? Miura’s managed to expand the Berserk world into something much grander and deeper without going beyond the rules of the world he originally established.  If I can believe in evil spirits inhabiting a tree, I should be able to understand an elemental sprit inhabiting a weapon.  Also, the magic being explained so scientifically (in relation to the physical/spiritual world’s of Berserk) makes it seem far less fantastical or even really “magical”, isn’t that what you guys were complaining about?

-Griffith

P.S. Miura can’t top the prototype, he can only go in other directions. ;)

Barbarian_Pete

I..... dropped my shampoo!
> Miura’s managed to expand the Berserk world into something much grander and deeper without going beyond the rules of the world he originally established.

I agree! The magic the group has is not THAT powerful and it is not going to blow up the world, that is quite an exageration. I think what Miura has done an awesome job so far.

I hope the group will be able to defeat Griffith's evil army.

D

Drachenfels

Anybody remember the Beast of Shadow? Guts was becoming worse than the Apostles he was hunting down and killing;

I disagree, not worse, but he would have become unhuman none the less.

he had to be to go it alone, he was winning the battles but losing his humanity.  Guts wasn’t concurring any evil with the power of the human spirit, he was just succumbing to the evil within himself.

Now to the whole magic issue in general. Why is everyone looking at this so narrow-mindedly?

Why are you so narrowminded and don't want to allow us our opinion?

Miura’s managed to expand the Berserk world into something much grander and deeper without going beyond the rules of the world he originally established.  If I can believe in evil spirits inhabiting a tree, I should be able to understand an elemental sprit inhabiting a weapon.

That you understand it, does not neccessary mean you must agree with it.
Magic was always something exclusive to evil(exceptions were Puck and SK, and not the rule). Also, there was no "flashy" magic like in DnD or Lord of the rings. The magic of ghosts and undead fits better into the Berserk then elemental spirits, since lost souls only add to the dark world of Berserk, where the evil is strong, and the good only few and scattered.

Also, the magic being explained so scientifically (in relation to the physical/spiritual world’s of Berserk) makes it seem far less fantastical or even really “magical”, isn’t that what you guys were complaining about?

Yes, that's it. If he explains how it works to the detail, it looses it's mystery, at least for me. Not EVERYTHING must be explained to the detail.

P.S. Miura can’t top the prototype, he can only go in other directions.

Where did the Prototype appear? Here I saw it first with the current volume 14.

then go away, please...

cupofstfu.jpg

Top Bottom