Episode 233

Status
Not open for further replies.
two things, is that a giant clam on the far left of page 17? Also, does anyone else think the apostle on the far left of page 17 at the top looks a bit like EVA 01?

GoHF

I'm a llama!
namayias said:
two things, is that a giant clam on the far left of page 17? Also, does anyone else think the apostle on the far left of page 17 at the top looks a bit like EVA 01?

Yup, clam knight and yeah, it looks kinda like EVA, or Skullgreymon (from digimon) or any other skull-like creature out there. There's also a dragon and a ram... and some others that I can't really make out. Saya, thank you :)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
neohx_7 said:
The Daka seem to be created on a one to one ratio with a female. (always ones with great bodies, of course) I'm starting to wonder what the population of Midland is. They've already been conquered and devastated by disease if I remember correctly. Theres TONS of male corpses and heads hanging around and an army of women sacrificed for Dakas. Who is left to save the city for ?!?? or the whole country for that matter...
Don't worry I am pretty sure that , like in the best fantasy tradition, there is an almost inexhaustible supply of baywatch models to save...

^ Yeah, it's also usually a stronger emotional effect when you see beautiful women die in horrible ways than if you, saw, say, old teethless wrinkly ladies with moustaches or similar die in horrible ways.

And thanks for the great scans saya, I never really noted how good your 2pagers are before Griffith mentioned it, but the two page spread towards the end showing locus and his transformed crew is like, flawless :-X No break/distortion in the middle of it!

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
neohx_7 said:
The Daka seem to be created on a one to one ratio with a female. (always ones with great bodies, of course) I'm starting to wonder what the population of Midland is. They've already been conquered and devastated by disease if I remember correctly. Theres TONS of male corpses and heads hanging around and an army of women sacrificed for Dakas. Who is left to save the city for ?!?? or the whole country for that matter...

They are desperately waiting for Griffith and his apostles :) to save them. Every male figure in Midland seems to be hanging, impaled, or sliced and diced, or diseased. Just as Griffith plans...this poor kingdom will soon be his.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Thank you for the scans Saiya!

And yeah, I hadn't noticed the two spreads either before... I mean, they were all as perfect as one pagers!

Judo

Midlands finest
Godo said:
Civil war of the Apostles? Could it be that Griffith is not the *only* Apostle (er... uber Apostle? ) that's out to conquer the world? If so, it's interesting to note that only Griffith is out playing the "Messiah" card while the others are still doing the "ruthless conqueror" dance.
Griffith is no Apostle... He's a God Hand and that makes him superior to those like Ganishka, Locus, Grunbeld or Zodd. Ganishka should be an underling to Griffith but he doesn't want to submit to anyone because he was already a conqueror when Griffith appeared in this world. I wonder where Griffith is hanging around while letting Locus do all the dirty work. With his spiritual powers, Ganishka should be no match for him.

Now that I've seen Locus' stylish Apostle-form I'm curious about Ganishkas look when he transforms.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Well I think Griffith would rather have others do his dirty work for him LOL. He's so pristine and pure now as the Millenium Falcon...doesn't want to get his white gloves bloodied or dirtied LOL. Besides we have to see all the apostles' forms in action...wonder what Irvine will turn into?

Many thanks Saiya! :D

Very cool Locus... his eyes were flashing like lightning, but at the same time i am also curious how Guts will slaughter him in the days to come (poor Guts :'(, every of his enemies seem to be ultra powerful!)

As for Ganiskan i think he isnt any ordinary apostles... he should be at least the same if not stronger than Locus, Grunbeld, Zodd etc

Finally his apostle form might even surprised us more than Locus...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Judo said:
Griffith is no Apostle... He's a God Hand and that makes him superior to those like Ganishka, Locus, Grunbeld or Zodd. Ganishka should be an underling to Griffith but he doesn't want to submit to anyone because he was already a conqueror when Griffith appeared in this world. I wonder where Griffith is hanging around while letting Locus do all the dirty work. With his spiritual powers, Ganishka should be no match for him.

Now that I've seen Locus' stylish Apostle-form I'm curious about Ganishkas look when he transforms.

I haven't been keeping up to date on translations, but do we know that Ganishka is an apostle?

Never has an apostle been seen to quarrel with God Hand. Even Wylad only dared attack Griffith because his Beherit was gone.

Also never seen before is a single apostle that could command such an army of pseudo-apostles. His army (in terms of non-human combatants. His human army rivals that Tudor and Midland combined) rivals, that of Griffith himself.

And last never seen before is an Apostle with such a hunger to conquer. Generally, apostles want nothing but to fulfil some very simple desire, or to just gorge themselves with food and lust. We've seen apostles in positions of power before, but never one that was actually interested in conquering. The Snake Baron just wanted to kill, maim, and eat human flesh. The count... well seemed to want the same thing. Roshinu had a fairly large in-human army, but she seemed only interested in fulfilling her childhood fantasy-in a twisted sort of way.

Ganishka seems to want the exact thing Griffith wants, and he seems to be going about it in the exact same way that Griffith is (with more demon-rape).

Seems fishy to me.

Judo

Midlands finest
this is from chapter 230:
Ganishuka :
The appearance of the Hawk. Which meant the transfiguration of the
world. All those who transmigrated [he means everyone who has turned
into an apostle] knows this instinctively.
And to follow the Hawk is the greatest thing for us, non-humans. It
is like being beside a God and to be held by God.

(Page 19)
Ganishuka :
But I am the Great Emperor of the Kushan Empire. I am the one who
rules the greatest territory on this Earth.

(Page 20)
Ganishuka :
I will not give it away. Even if it is smeared with blood and has
become dirty. This world is mine.
I will become the devil to reign over this unclean world. I will
pull the arrow against God.
this makes me think that he is an "ordinary" Apostle who just is a megalomaniac. No doubt about that he is a very strong one because he could capture so many other Apostles to create the Daka but imo he has to hold some kind of trump-card to beat the Apostle-army of Griffith.
He keeps Charlotte as hostage but i wonder if she is still important to Griffith.

Wereallmad said:
Ganishka seems to want the exact thing Griffith wants, and he seems to be going about it in the exact same way that Griffith is

I would rather say he seemed to be more like Gaiseric... to rule the world with fear and terror (i doubt Griffith will rule like this)

P.S

Judo said:
this is from chapter 230

That was from chapter 231

Judo said:
this makes me think that he is an "ordinary" Apostle

I seriously doubt so... he might be an apostle, but definitely not an "ordinary" one

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
well, we all know that there is a significant power discrepancy between different Apostles. Just compare the succubus apostle in Chapter 1 to Zodd. Ganishka may very well be another Zodd figure, perhaps an Apostle that has been alive for oodles of years (which explains his status, imagine if he was a priest in Kushan and was alive for more than a few centuries... he'd make Archpriest/God-king within that time easy).

...OR, (this should be in speculation I guess) he may be a human who acquires his powers through the capture/manipulation of APostle bodies.. remember what he's doing to get the Dakas. Maybe he took an "Apostle Dip" and emerged changed? Wouldn't surprise me.

J

Judo

Midlands finest
Smith said:
- that was from chapter 231

- seriously doubt so... he might be an apostle, but definitely not an "ordinary" one

- yup... my mistake, sorry!

- for me, every Apostle who gets his supernatural powers from the God Hand by a brown Behelit is an "ordinary" Apostle. Of course there are strong and weak ones, but this is imo a personal thing and no result of a different Apostle-status. Zodd is also no "ordinary" Apostle when you compare his powers to others, but I think this is also because he already was a great warrior in life.

P

PsychoJavexx

Judo said:
- for me, every Apostle who gets his supernatural powers from the God Hand by a brown Behelit is an "ordinary" Apostle.

I thought it was green (anime) or blue (DC game). What color are the Behelits anyway?

Judo

Midlands finest
PsychoJavexx said:
I thought it was green (anime) or blue (DC game). What color are the Behelits anyway?
When I think about "ordinary" Behelits, I always get the picture on page 18 of the Illustration-book in my mind, where it has brown color.

Judo said:
- for me, every Apostle who gets his supernatural powers from the God Hand by a brown Behelit is an "ordinary" Apostle.

When did Ganiskan ever had an behelit? Did i miss it while reading the scans or i misread the translation? ::)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Smith said:
When did Ganiskan ever had an behelit? Did i miss it while reading the scans or i misread the translation? ::)

When did we see Zodd have one? Or any of the other uber guys? Sufficete to say, Ganishka is not human, and the chances of him being an Apostile are very high. But then again, Miura is very good and surprising us, so only time will tell.

Well Saiya no offense just a simple question... from now on izzit that you will post scans only a week after the chapter or this chapter 233 is just only an exceptional case :-\

But once again i am just asking... have it post a month later i also dun mind

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
Miura shall disclose to us in Episode 235 that Ganishka is actually a TROLL! Just like the Skull Knight may well be a fairy (think back to early speculations) ;-)

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom