Episode 238

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmai

Where the hell am I?
If Griffith can get reincarnated in human form, why can't the same happen to the Demon Child?
After all, the Demon Child was created partly because Femto/Griffith.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jjmai said:
If Griffith can get reincarnated in human form, why can't the same happen to the Demon Child?
Well, there's that whole "once in 1000 years" ceremony thing. And last I checked, it's only been ~1 year since the last one.

Anyway, haven't we already decided that the ocean is likely responsible for this new manifestation? Certainly it wouldn't be by the same means as Griffith's reincarnation...

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
thanks for the scans! well another mistery to the berserk world as been aded. but the kid is just too god damned adorable to be some sort of evil apostle. page nine wins the chapter!

jjmai

Where the hell am I?
Walter said:
Well, there's that whole "once in 1000 years" ceremony thing. And last I checked, it's only been ~1 year since the last one.

The Demon Child and Femto were born on the same day (I think?). Probably they can count as one!?!

Anyway, if the kid is really Guts's son, and if Miura really want to drag on the story, the kid can become the main hero of the story in the future, kinda like Star Wars or Dragon Quest 5. There's also that White hawk and black hawk saying, I just don't see Guts being one of them. Probably the kid can be it?

Mage said:
Guts' back does seem to be pretty popular lately..

CoiNciDeNce?!?!? I ThiNk NoT!!! :eek:

(Yes, I think it's a coincidence)

Thats a really interesting comparison, no only that but when the berserker armor looked like it was going to latch onto Guts he said Gutz - "He's..... Coming....." its probably a coincidence but oh well.
In any case i dont think the kid is innocent though, if it ends up being the demon child reborn then it probably it has no reason to be normal and angelic. Scherkie said she could sense a strange od, cant be normal.

Anyway Miura seems to like making things that seem good be evil and vice versa, as has been pointed out in the past Guts who looks dark and Griffith who seems closer to a angel.

Hi everyone^^

A Theory about this "special kid"...
Could he be "The lost memories and wish of Caska"... Like a flesh-and-bone dream ???

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I know the big topic is the mysterious child and you can ignore this if you want...

But, is it just me, or is Farnese acting a little strange on page 19? Just curious if there's a reason Miura decided to zoom in on her face right after watching the "family" like that.

Okay, resume child speculation. ;D

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
kimchan said:
But, is it just me, or is Farnese acting a little strange on page 19? Just curious if there's a reason Miura decided to zoom in on her face right after watching the "family" like that.

Hmm, a hint of jealousy, perhaps? :3. Or perhaps a feeling of "What would it be like to have a child"? :)

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Woland said:
Well, it's rather obvious she has a thing for Guts.

So I'd go with the jealousy.

Well, that could well be it. After all, Farneze often seems to be a little, err, flustered (dunno if I spelled it correctly *big sweatdrop*) around Guts, and going on a journey to find him, plus trying to make herself worthy in his eyes might hint at that she may want him to be more than just her "guide"...

Yeah, prehaps jealousy there have been several little moments where she seemed that she liked him. One that comes to mind is v26c1p024 when Guts comes to the rescue she falls against him for more then a bit.

Maybe not though, after all it wasnt exactly what you would call a "touching moment" between the two of them.

Walter said:
No. Look at Guts as a child in Volume 4. The resemblance is uncanny.

I think you are too absolute for what you have here. What bigger resemblance does it have with baby Guts if you take hair and ears and all else out than baby Serpicko for example? They are manga designs and yes they all have skins but if everything there are those face traits such as eyes and ears that distinguish them. This and also the fact that babys lookl alike more than adults.

If anything Miura could at least give him Guts ears, I believe if he wanted to show us it's Guts son. Lol, I am saying that because I believe it's the part of Guts face anatomy that has been talked about more haha
Cheers ;D

Anyway it is Caska's baby for sure. The picture where Caska's face is over baby's one it seems drawn on purpose.
Anyway Guts son or not we'll find out. I don't believe at this point anyone can speculate for sure what this baby would mean for the story except its potential for plot complications and resolutions.

Smoker said:
Hi everyone^^

A Theory about this "special kid"...
Could he be "The lost memories and wish of Caska"... Like a flesh-and-bone dream ???

Hi to you too. Yes, this is what it has been speculated so far over here.

jjmai said:
Anyway, if the kid is really Guts's son, and if Miura really want to drag on the story, the kid can become the main hero of the story in the future, kinda like Star Wars or Dragon Quest 5. There's also that White hawk and black hawk saying, I just don't see Guts being one of them. Probably the kid can be it?

I like this one a lot. Considering the way BERSERK manga started (screwing a hot demon chick) it could seem kinda disturbing seeing Guts earning a peacefull and prosperous life in the end (manga completed).
I would like to see something like Guts sacrificing himself, dying to save his (or this) child and then this child have it to help bring balance in the world.

I know I'm probably fishing for a comparison..., but darn it I can have my wishful thinking can't I?

eyecontrast.jpg

The demon baby and this new baby seem to have the same kind of eyes. Like I said... I'm probably just looking for it... but anyways. :)

Winde

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
kimchan said:

I think she's just concerned, she's close to Casca, and worships Guts. So, it's going to be weird for her to see them fighting like that, oh, and baby juggling. =)

But you want creepy, check out Serpico watching her read her magic book. See, Farnese was able to focus on study in the awkward situation; Serpico is the one that looks like he has a problem. He's probably an informer for that crocodile! ;D

-Griffith

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
does anyone know if the ward on the brand also shuts off the "detect evil" ability?

obviously, Caska seems to feel no pain nor strange sensations around the boy.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Griffith said:
But you want creepy, check out Serpico watching her read her magic book. See, Farnese was able to focus on study in the awkward situation; Serpico is the one that looks like he has a problem.

True, true, he does look kind of creepy in that shot. And then there's that dramatic *snap* on page 14.

He's probably an informer for that crocodile! ;D

-Griffith

OMG I knew it!

xechnao said:
Anyway it is Caska's baby for sure. The picture where Caska's face is over baby's one it seems drawn on purpose.
Many times Miura showed us things on purpose just to make us think something and then he did the exact opposite (well.. almost :p)

windeline said:
I know I'm probably fishing for a comparison..., but darn it I can have my wishful thinking can't I?

eyecontrast.jpg

The demon baby and this new baby seem to have the same kind of eyes. Like I said... I'm probably just looking for it... but anyways. :)

Winde

When i saw that panel.. i thought the same thing ... there's a big similarity with the eyes.. and being show so close ... not for .. nothing :p

cmz

Science Fry
Grifth said:
thanks for the scans! well another mistery to the berserk world as been aded. but the kid is just too god damned adorable to be some sort of evil apostle. page nine wins the chapter!

...and on page 17 the kid seems to be climbing up the side opposite of Guts' brand. I think we're going to eventually find out that he's a "purified" child. Perhaps he has some sort of special power that will end up bringing down the GH and Idea etc... JC if you will... (lots of speculation.. this probably goes in the other forum).

BTW, what happened to SK? Did he wander off into the time-space continuum with his flux capacitor? On that note, we'll probably find out his real name isn't G-man.. but Marty.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
cmz said:
I think we're going to eventually find out that he's a "purified" child. Perhaps he has some sort of special power that will end up bringing down the GH and Idea etc... JC if you will... (lots of speculation.. this probably goes in the other forum).
Oh look! A brand new X-factor in the series. It must be the thing that will take down God Hand! We'd better quickly cement ourselves to this possibility before we learn more about the child and it gets refuted!

To speculate is one thing. To write fanfiction is another.

cmz

Science Fry
Walter said:
Oh look! A brand new X-factor in the series. It must be the thing that will take down God Hand! We'd better quickly cement ourselves to this possibility before we learn more about the child and it gets refuted!

To speculate is one thing. To write fanfiction is another.

I didn't intend to bring up a new "x-factor" in the series as you so eloquently put it. I gave my input (i.e. I think he's "this") and I greatly extrapolated some lame what-ifs.

At any rate, one thing that I've realized on this board is that if you make some sort of outlandish comment you will get FLAMED in the usual manner. The above post is a great example of what has been re-iterated countless times on this board. I wouldn't have a problem with comments like these if they are meant to be constructive, but, obviously, this one isn't... in fact, it goes beyond any lame drivel that I've ever posted on this fantastic board (and thank you for donating your time in its administration).

Lliugusamui

around the corner
It's more a mean to express one-self as for Walter than real flaming, or so I think. You have to take it easy and understand the message without remembering the form it uses.
Guil

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Maybe this is a manifestation of the demon child's wish to be with his parents. Maybe the Behelit apostle offered him his wish in exchange for a sacrifice. But what would he have sacrificed? Hmm...

cmz

Science Fry
Guil-BANNED! said:
It's more a mean to express one-self as for Walter than real flaming, or so I think. You have to take it easy and understand the message without remembering the form it uses.
Guil

I am taking it easy. No one has their panties in a bunch. I respect (although, it may not seem like it) the people who run this board. This will be my last post on the matter as I think I've probably run out my welcome as I'm continuing to post lameness :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom