Fans of other anime/mangas?

Yeah i know.. But i dont have the kind of money to buy manga, because next year i'll have college to pay, rent of the house and driving license..
Even so im trying to put some money apart to start buying Berserk but i only seem to find it in French :miura:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Even so im trying to put some money apart to start buying Berserk but i only seem to find it in French :miura:

HAHAHA! :troll:

Try amazon to get the volumes. You can find them in English, Italian, Spanish, and even in Portuguese now that they're being published in Brazil. But seriously man, manga don't cost that much. The integrality of Berserk is like the equivalent cost of 2 nights at a bar. Not the biggest sacrifice ever. If you've been a "fan" for 5 years, supporting the author is really the least you can do.

That is also true but i will support Miura.. Eventually.. But right now i've got other priorities. :miura:
And i'd rather buy them in English.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Does anyone know how many volumes are in the BladeOTI series? Everytime I think it's close to being finished another volume is released.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Oberi said:
Does anyone know how many volumes are in the BladeOTI series? Everytime I think it's close to being finished another volume is released.

Darkhose has released fifteen volumes, with the sixteenth on the way this November. And I don't think it's closed to being finished, yet. I think they are up to the nineteenth volume in Japan, with no real end in sight. But take it from me, it's great stuff =)

Oburi

All praise Grail
O yea I meant the Japanese volumes. I have all the DH releases so far, I'm a big fan I love the series. I was just wondering how much money I would have to invest into it (for poor people like me manga is an expensive habit.)

Billybob

Succumb to the will of the beast
Oberi said:
O yea I meant the Japanese volumes. I have all the DH releases so far, I'm a big fan I love the series. I was just wondering how much money I would have to invest into it (for poor people like me manga is an expensive habit.)

I've been very interested in reading this series, but I want to ask, do you know if Dark Horse has messed around with the series well translating it? Or if they've flipped it around and messed up the graphics? I'd really like to get into this but I don't want to Dark Horse if they're doing a crappy job and messing the manga up.

Guts[LCF]

† Kuroi Kenshi †
I really don't like many mangas, Id have to say that I enjoy reading Berserk and Berserk only nowadays, I still enjoy Hajime no Ippo though, since I started reading that quite some time ago, and for past mangas I've read that I enjoyed was Angel Sanctuary, which had some very nice art and I always loved stories about angels and demons, always thought they were interesting.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Remake of the "Fist of the North Star"

http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/index2.html

My wife had told me that a famous Japanese actor was in it and I thought they had created a new live action one. Then I stumbled upon this when talking to Rakshas. Looks mighty fine if I do say so myself!

Looks like the same original story line but the animation has been remade which makes it look even sexier! I am thinking though it is probably a more condensed version of the original but all the main things are in there such as the fight with Raoh, Toki, and Souzer.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
The animes series from like last 2 years that I have liked are: Monster,Samurai Champloo,FMA. For this new 2006 Fall Season I am currently watching fansubs of Night Head Genesis,Chevalier D'eon,Pumpkin Scissors,Death Note,and Welcome to the NHK

For Gantz manga fans, don't forget the second phase of the story is meant to be kicking off this Thursday, I'm looking forward to reading new chapters, especially after how it ended several months back.

hmmm, I keep up with quite a few series, all ongoing, well except hxh dammit!:

one piece: favourite series
berserk: probably next after one piece
20th century boys: awesome series
naruto: very linear compared to one piece, but I started a few years back and continue
bleach: alright, nice design, fills the time
vagabond: very nice series, just got into it, comparable to berserk in illustrations, though berserk is
ahead on story and intensity...even miyamoto cant compete with guts
Hunterxhunter: gah what happened???
Gantz: series is original, very ropey plot, geeky teenagers wet dream with some poor
characterisation...but compelling enough
Fairy tail: another shounen, alright...a rather poor bite of one piece but entertaining enouth
Battle angel alita: great series, very well illustrated...plot can be ropey sometimes

Oburi

All praise Grail
Has anyone read the other works by kentar muira like JAPAN or King of Wolves, i just the dark horse releases-very cool, it's weird seeing his art withought the characters your used too. Also some new series I've been reading-Canterella, Godchild,Warriors of Tao, Arm of Kannon and I picked up vagabond the other day...I'm hooked. And does anyone know if they ever plan to release Gantz in the states. In such a great series I'm supprised no ones picked it up yet, I mean they released Warriors Tao for god sakes!

C

Crucades

cant beat gunsmitch cats XD its my fav manga currently and a new series is being released currently in japan. Its anime was cool as well. Also collected the Udon Street Fighter comics, but sadly their release reliablity is utter horrible, meh canadians for ya!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Got volume 15 of Priest, pretty sweet. Unfortunately, it's kinda a build up to volume 16. Also picked up the author's aretbook which, despite being mostly sketches, is quite awesome. Makes you realize the guy's art doesn't need to be colored.

Found an obscure (as far as I know at least) manga called Kurozuka. It's about vampires (I know, groan), but so far it exploits the subject to its advantage, as there are long jumps in time. Within 6 volumes it moves from feudal Japan to a post apocalyptic world full of urban decay and military factions stiving for power. Lots of fun stuff.

Also tried watching Spike TV's Afro Samurai, great fight scenes and style with less substance than a Slim Fast snack bar. Not that you can expect much from American made 'anime,' or even most anime in general these days.

Finally, finished off Ergo Proxy. Definately good, but despite the fact that I can usually grasp most of the more symbolic animes out there, at least to a basic extent, some of the occurances at the end of this series elude me as to their significance. Still, it's good and wierd, go watch it.

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
Manga: Vagabond, Berserk, Blade of the Immortal, Hellsing, Trigun/Maximum, Bleach, and Gundam.

Anime: Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Hellsing, FLCL, Elfen Lied, Samurai Champloo, Samurai X, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, and Gundam: War in the Pocket.

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
What do I like? Well, as a female I'm sure most of you would find what I like both frightening and upsetting so I'll do some self-censorship here.

Manga: Berserk(of course), ES

Anime: Jin Roh, Grave of the Fireflies, Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Full Metal Alchemist, VanDread, Blue Submarine, Technologize, Cowboy Beebop...

Generally I like serious sci-fi with social commentary. I also like one-shots or at least series with definite endings. (God how I hate Ranma. Strangely enough, not Dragon Balls.) I also like depressing stuff.

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
If you like serious sci-fi you might like Gunparade March. I didn't really like it too well because I don't care for "slice of life" anime (or whatever it's called), but some of my girl friends liked it a lot.

animes:

twelve kingdoms(wish there are more or finish the black kirin arc at least)
berserk
hellsing(ultimate) ova
elfen lied
guyver(the new 26 ep series)
macross zero ova(cool cg battle scenes)
death note
Code Geass

manga:

berserk
gantz
elfen lied

Orochi-chan

The Hill of Swords welcomes you...I shall be there
I say
Berserk
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Hellsing
Dragon Ball Z (I watched it in Polish... my first acquaintance with French and Polish in the same time)
(series)

Akira (Katsuhiro Otomo rules!)
Ghost in the Shell (Masamune ShiroW, you rule too!)
Urotsukidoji (since then I'm a kind of Hentai liker :void: :guts: :griff:)
all from Miyazaki Hayao (My Neighbour Totoro was the first thing for me from the anime world to watch)

there were lots of stuff, but I've listed the most Favourite things.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
It's hard to find any manga anywhere near as good as Berserk, Akira came close, but it's over now. Death Note has been keeping me entertained between volumes, and am patiently waiting for the next Evanglion volume.

Mostly, I go for the shorter stories that wrap up within a collection or two.

Boogipop Phantom, Uzumaki, Ghost in the Shell, etc.

Top Bottom