Games for '09

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
If Batman were a real man like the Punisher, he would have shot all of them and finished the game in 10 minutes. :azan:

I think the original Batman would have done just that. No wait, the original one wouldn't even have let them live long enough to actually see Arkham from the inside.
Then again, 10 minutes is a bit short, even for a modern game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, Front Mission Evolved is confirmed on X360, but it's an action game and not a T-RPG. It's being developed by Double Helix, the guys behind Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok so Bayonetta looks very cool, even if it seems like they re-used lots of Devil may Cry 4 stuff. http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14253676.html

And I can't wait for Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires because I love all those games. Its due out at some point in June.

Tekken 6, of course.

This just came in :guts: I am super stoked to play!!!! THIS is THE game for 09(at least for me). Now I need a JP xbox360....

1000606v.jpg

EDIT: It's the port of the newest shmup from cave

Th3Branded0ne said:
Batman: Arkham Asylum
I'm thinking this does look interesting, but I'll def need a demo before I think about purchasing it. Although, I've discussed this with Aaz who thinks it will "Suck Deek". Let's face it, he's probably right.

-Modern Warfare 2
-Tekken 6
-MGS 5 (or whatever it is...)
-Halo ODST
-The TRICO project
But personally, my top pick is

*Alien vs Predator: Hunter or Prey*
What makes this so exciting for me is that Rebellion, the people responsible for the 1999 version of AVP are behind this new game.
I LOVED that shooter. I played it until my fingers bled. The 1999 game met with some very positive reviews I might add. I have such amazingly high hopes for this game, I'm probably just setting myself up for a let down. But fuck it, a man can dream.

Give me a quality AVP, I don't even care what medium anymore...

Oh and
-Aliens: Colonial Marines.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Modern Warfare 2 really shows the abilities that this new 360 video format can do. Though I haven't played the 1st one. The trailer looked interesting. And as for this new MGS whatever it is... I can't help but thinking how odd it is for Kojima to release a tittle this soon. Besides this random mind fuck that he's doing... I really hope it's worth the publicity. Anywho... E3 just around the corner, I can only hope that all the big "secrets" haven't been spoiled. A lot of trailers "leaking" in the net.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
I'm thinking this does look interesting, but I'll def need a demo before I think about purchasing it. Although, I've discussed this with Aaz who thinks it will "Suck Deek". Let's face it, he's probably right.

Who knows, could be a surprise hit, but the screenshots are enough to repel me at the moment.

Anyway, if we're not limiting ourselves to what's coming out in 2009, there's a lot of games I'm expecting (and I'm therefore very excited about the coming E3). I'm pretty sure I could list more than 20 titles I'm interesting in. But the big 3 definitely are Mass Effect 2, No More Heroes 2 and Assassin's Creed 2. I'm also very curious about Red Dead Redemption.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Proj2501 said:

-Modern Warfare 2
-Tekken 6
-MGS 5 (or whatever it is...)
-Halo ODST
-The TRICO project
But personally, my top pick is

*Alien vs Predator: Hunter or Prey*
What makes this so exciting for me is that Rebellion, the people responsible for the 1999 version of AVP are behind this new game.
I LOVED that shooter. I played it until my fingers bled. The 1999 game met with some very positive reviews I might add. I have such amazingly high hopes for this game, I'm probably just setting myself up for a let down. But fuck it, a man can dream.

Give me a quality AVP, I don't even care what medium anymore...

Oh and
-Aliens: Colonial Marines.

I. CANNOT. FREAKIN. WAIT. FOR. AVP.

The old one was the scariest fps ever.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The E3 schedule, courtesy of 1up.com: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174456

Looks like Microsoft will be the first to present among the big three on Monday, with Sony and Nintendo to present their show on Tuesday morning.

Holy crap, completely forgot E3 was starting this week. The last two years have sucked, but they've been sort of trying to build E3 up again this year, so I'm cautiously excited for it.

I actually went to E3 in 2001 (Surprisingly they let me in the door even though I was 17. Maybe it's because my birthday was 2 months away), and it was probably one of the coolest thing I've ever witnessed. I think I still have my plushie Gamecube that I got (2001 was right before the Xbox and Gamecube was released so it was extra exciting. It's really depressed me to see what it's become.

I'll mostly be looking for information on this new Metal Gear project.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
CowTip said:
I'll mostly be looking for information on this new Metal Gear project.
That'll be Wed. around 3 pm (PST). And I'm guessing the big secret is that it's NOT a metal gear game at all! :isidro: It'd be in line with all the mind-fuckery Kojima has done in the past.

I swear... if we get "Metal Gear: Xtreme Beach Suicide Frisbee".....

Being the sucker that I am, I'd probably still buy it.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Walter said:
And I'm guessing the big secret is that it's NOT a metal gear game at all! :isidro:

Here's hoping! I love E3 time, so exciting! I can't wait to hear Konami try to explain their new Silent Hill game. From what I heard it sounds very hokey.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Here's hoping! I love E3 time, so exciting! I can't wait to hear Konami try to explain their new Silent Hill game. From what I heard it sounds very hokey.
The past 3 have sounded hokey to me. :azan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Well they're saying that this installment won't have any combat in it. Kind of a puzzle solving/dodging type deal, kind of like Clock Tower.

It actually sounds nice to me. The combat always sucked in Silent Hill, so just running from enemies seems a refreshing and possibly very cool idea. It could make for a horror game where you are truly scared of the enemies.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Aazealh said:
It actually sounds nice to me. The combat always sucked in Silent Hill, so just running from enemies seems a refreshing and possibly very cool idea. It could make for a horror game where you are truly scared of the enemies.

Yeah, we really need some more survival horror games, and less kill shit horror games.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Let's make this the official E3 reporting thread. Some videos of what's been shown so far:

Assassin's Creed 2 trailer
Modern Warfare 2 demo
Singularity trailer
Alan Wake demo
All Point Bulletin trailer
Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer (no gameplay)
Halo 3 ODST Trailer
Shadow Complex trailer
Dante's Inferno trailer
Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage
Project Natal
Milo demo

There may be more than one trailer for each game but I wasn't going to post every single link, so feel free to check directly on gametrailers, shouldn't be hard.

Anyway, aside from all that, Ubisoft's also shown Red Steel 2 and they've apparently made a lot of efforts to build a completely different engine from the one used in the first game. The swordplay will reflect your actual movements and it'll come bundled with the Wii Motion Plus add-on. They're also partnering with Q Entertainment to make a game codenamed "Project Eden". And lastly, they'll be adapting Spielberg's coming Tintin movie.

In other news, Crackdown 2 was announced. Trailer here. It'll take a different approach from the first game apparently, with the city infected with monsters. And Star Wars: The Old Republic will have a full voice-over support for every PC (player character) and NPC.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'd advise the liveblogs that Kotaku does: http://kotaku.com/5275638/nintendos-e3-expo-live-blog

They update it every minute or so with verbatim quotes and pictures of what's going on on-stage. 2 minutes ago, Nintendo announced .... a very embarassing sounding device:
Wii Vitality Sensor. "It's a pulse detector, you slip your finger in it, like at a doctor's office. The vitality sensor will let you see the information relating to the inner world of your body. it attaches to the bottom of the wii remote "
:schierke:

And a Mario Galaxy sequel. I'm still holding out for another big announcement. So far nothing has wowed me their entire show.

Ok update: holy shit a new metroid title.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
And a Mario Galaxy sequel. I'm still holding out for another big announcement. So far nothing has wowed me their entire show.

Ok update: holy shit a new metroid title.

Well, not too bad I guess: 2 Mario games and a Metroid title developed with Team Ninja.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/989/989404p1.html
http://kotaku.com/5275848/nintendo-reveals-super-mario-galaxy-2
http://kotaku.com/5275748/nintendo-reveals-the-new-super-mario-bros-wii

And the bonus news: Golden Sun DS coming in 2010!

http://kotaku.com/5275803/golden-sun-ds-coming-in-2010
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-golden-sun/50273

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
Wow... did I just see my favorite game series become ravaged completely just now? I know the Metroid games became progressively worse from Fusion to Metroid Prime 3 (Metroid Prime 1 being the exception) for me, but this takes the cake. Where's the atmosphere and sense of solitude? Project M just seems way too bloated with action sequences (it even has close combat now). It doesn't help that they didn't show any exploring or such at all. I really want it to be good, but I just can't avoid thinking I'm going to be very dissapointed with this... Hopefully, the next Zelda will be a departure in the right direction.

EDIT:

Final Fantasy XIV. It's an online game it seems.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mario Galaxy 2 trailer

Casan said:
Wow... did I just see my favorite game series become ravaged completely just now? I know the Metroid games became progressively worse from Fusion to Metroid Prime 3 (Metroid Prime 1 being the exception) for me, but this takes the cake. Where's the atmosphere and sense of solitude? Project M just seems way too bloated with action sequences (it even has close combat now). It doesn't help that they didn't show any exploring or such at all. I really want it to be good, but I just can't avoid thinking I'm going to be very dissapointed with this...

Bah, aside from the cheesy "remember me" I didn't find it to be that bad. The series can't just be Samus exploring deserted worlds forever.

Casan said:
Final Fantasy XIV. It's an online game it seems.

Yeah, new online game. The Playstation will be the only console you can play it on when it launches in 2010.

Sony's conference showed Uncharted 2, a live demo of God of War III (release: March 2010), MAG (online battle with 256 people), Mod Nation (a racer similar in concept to LBP with the create/share aspect), a preview of Gran turismo 5, and some footage of Project TRICO, which is really called The Last Guardian.

On the PSP side they unveiled the PSP Go (priced at $249), MGS Peace Walker (takes place 10 years after MGS3, tells the rise of Outer Heaven in Costa Rico and is a "real sequel", not a side-story) and Gran Turismo PSP (launching on October 1st), which is again a "real" Gran Turismo game, not a watered-down version. A Resident Evil is also being developed, but no more info on that.

They also have a new PS3-exclusive Rockstar game called "Agent" coming up. It's an action game that takes the player "on a paranoid journey into the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970s". To which was added: "expect Agent to have the same must-have value of GTA."

Lastly they showed some motion control stuff but to me it wasn't nearly as remarkable as the stuff MS showed.

Top Bottom