Half Life: The Orange Box

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well I hope the patch for TF2 passes certification this week. Aside from some lag issues (sometimes), that game is friggin' awesome fun.

Seriously this is the best 60 bucks I've spent on gaming this year. I'm sorry to those who are fans, but Halo's story and campaign are almost comic compared to Half-Life/Portal. Just the balance in difficulty alone makes the experience much more enjoyable. Halo's matchmaking/lag still makes the multiplayer side less of a hassle than TF2, but quite frankly the two experiences are too different to compare beyond that.

CnC said:
Well I hope the patch for TF2 passes certification this week. Aside from some lag issues (sometimes), that game is friggin' awesome fun.

Seriously this is the best 60 bucks I've spent on gaming this year. I'm sorry to those who are fans, but Halo's story and campaign are almost comic compared to Half-Life/Portal. Just the balance in difficulty alone makes the experience much more enjoyable. Halo's matchmaking/lag still makes the multiplayer side less of a hassle than TF2, but quite frankly the two experiences are too different to compare beyond that.
Sans Halo 3's massacre of a save system and rather weak story, I did actually enjoy the game quite a bit more than I anticipated to. However in that note, finally being able to play up to "we don't go to ravenholm", I'm having so much fun with Half Life 2 alone, what, 2-3 years down the road, that I have pretty much forgotten my -single- player Halo 3 experience. Portal is some of the best black comedy and quick fun (still playing, though I'm sure I don't have much longer) I've had in years, TF looks awesome but sadly I can't play it (for now) with a shitty connection.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I know I'm probably just missing Portal's dark irony, but if the ... things running the lab have the technology to create portals that lead anywhere, why does the player have to ride an elevator between levels? :badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
I know I'm probably just missing Portal's dark irony, but if the ... things running the lab have the technology to create portals that lead anywhere, why does the player have to ride an elevator between levels? :badbone:

Hey man, those portal guns cost more than everything in <subject hometown here>. Glad0s stopped making 'em as soon as you got the full gun.

Also, perhaps placing complementary victory lifts was a part of the test. :guts:
-----

Funny TF2 kill:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29RE0blCV84

At least he gave some warning...

CnC

Ad Oculos
sry for the double post. Just wanted to say I finally finished all the gold portal challenges.
Goddamn that was hard to do on a controller. Really proud of the achievement, tho.

Anyone else had any luck with those? :p

CnC

Ad Oculos
REVIVAL!! (oh god, no)

Anyone playing TF2? If you are, hit me up on Steam and we'll play. (I believe my ID is "Dao-CnC")
I've been playing the shit out of it since I got my computer upgraded.

They're planning on implementing some changes:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=180201&site=pcg

Very interesting to see them mixing up the formula a bit. I like the idea of unlockables (it makes CoD4 addicting) but part of the beauty of TF2 was it was fairly simple to grasp and yet hard to master.
The goldrush mode seems interesting, too.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I've been enjoying my orange box imensly. Haven't been playing it recently, but thats only cause I've demanded I use my time somewhat productively on occasions.

These new weapons sound neat. I hope you don't need to use the friends list, like you do for some of the achievements, to get the new ones. Perhaps the other new medic weapon will have some way of negating knockback.

CnC

Ad Oculos
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/video-game-article/team-fortress-achievements.php

Some great ideas for achievements :ganishka:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I know this hasnt been updated in a bit but I picked up the Orange Box a couple of weeks ago when it was only 10 bucks and I love Team Fortress 2! Pyro is my guy!

Top Bottom