How many more volumes you think Berserk will last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Conan

Conquereor in the spot!
Re: How many more volumes you think berserk will l

I have to admit, I'm new so I haven't read the manga yet, but I have the Dreamcast game and Volume 1&2 of the American DVD Berserk. But from what I've been reading from other places and on this site, I think it will be a long while before the series end. It's WAY TOO MANY elements to be covered.The only things I read about the mangas are the translations and the manga scans I've seen at other sites. Does anyone know where I can get the Manga Volumes? Holla at your boy....

Guts

Black Swordsman
until the maker retires, so at least 50+ more issues, i knew a lot of japanese comics that reach the 100 mark, so, i would not doubt that berserk can do the same.

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!
I dont see the sence in this Topic...we all know we will stay with Berserk until it ends and far beyond that... :eek: ;D

lordofmasks

im betting on ending at vol. 45. lol, well that is if i had to say a vol.

but i think another 10 years or so to finish erserk off.

no hurries of course. if this pulls off and is great all the way, then this is be one of my findest memories of my life, one of those things "you grew up with".

Saiki said:
Mr. Miura said that at vol 22, Berserk was 1/5 done

Holy crap, thats news to me. Seeing one of his major inspirations for Berserk was also a really long Manga I guess it isn't totally implausable, but still I didn't think for a second that it would go to that length.

So that must mean he has the intentions of having it go to around 100 volumes, which would also mean as doing around 20 volumes took him around 10 years or more to do, meaning to finish Berserk would take literally take around another 40 years give or take. Miura would be hitting the 80 year mark and most of us will be around 60 years old!

Not that I don't trust you but you wouldn't happen to have a link to Miura saying that, would you Saiki?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Holy crap, thats news to me. Seeing one of his major inspirations for Berserk was also a really long Manga

It's actually a novel series, called Guin Saga.

I don't know if Miura could keep to that though, I mean he would be around 80 if he kept to that concept (95 if he keeps having long holidays ;D)  but who knows if he would even live that long, let alone be able to keep up such an amount of work til then.

Aazealh said:
It's actually a novel series, called Guin Saga.

Have you read it?

Saiki said:
Mr. Miura said that at vol 22, Berserk was 1/5 done

Joining this board for more than a year i have heard you saying this before?... OMG 100 vol with that kind of thickness in 1 vol... I need a new cupboard for my berserk collection :eek:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
I don't know if Miura could keep to that though, I mean he would be around 80 if he kept to that concept (95 if he keeps having long holidays ;D)  but who knows if he would even live that long, let alone be able to keep up such an amount of work til then.

I just hope he doesn't die on his fans without finishing his work like Frank Herbert or others did...

Sparnage said:
Have you read it?

I read parts of the first book but not even half of it. I'm planning on buying them sometimes later, only the first 4 books or so are out in English though, so it's not like there'll be a lot of it to read.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Olivier Hague said:
When/where did he say that?
Im not expecting an answer out of this :-\ but might as well try no?
do you have at least an estimate or a speculation???

How long Berserk lasts depends on

1) If it popular enough that mr. miura can make money off of it.. (probably not a problem)
2) He gets tired of it and decided to end it haphazardly (not good)
3) He kicks the bucket before he can finish it (gasp!)
4) You kick the bucket before he finishes it (well at that point nothing really matters..)

I don't think that he is going on some set volume scale.. the story is ever evolving and at least to me it seemed that even in previous volumes some side character stories could have been shrunk a little... So i guess we just have to wait and see and wait and wait... tick tock tick tock... bah...

Hmmm... even Olivier didnt know about this... But still 100 volume...

If he were to continue this pace for another 70 vol... He would have used up all his lifetime to get this manga done...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well, you know he cant be serious when he says chapter 27 is 1/5th done. I mean, lets look at the facts. It took about 10 years to get that first fifth done. And he is slowing down now, volumes are taking longer and longer to come out. If they came out at a constant rate, it will be 40 more years before Berserk is finished.

I wonder if he is talking about the many stories he's planning to spawn out of Berserk though. We could probably see the end of the current story in, say , 20 - 30 more volumes, then a prequel which will center around Skullknight (a la Star Wars). But I wouldn't mind having Berserk go all the way up to volume 100. I never want it to end, really.

nir085

Horse and Armor
So realistically, ceteris paribus, we should expect around 18-24 volumes, since we can't expect the guy to still be able to produce great works past the 50 mark...despite his exceptional nature. I don't know about you'll, but a volume count around 50 wouldn't be bad at all in my eyes...

And I really hope he does quit somewhere around there instead of just pushing on because of his pride/fanbase and then creating a really subpar ending or letting someone else finish his work.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well, if its too long, and if someone carries it on, they will kill it just like DBZ was killed. Guts will have so many powers and he would be so strong and with the ishidoro and puck it would be stupid funny and that would be the end of berserk :'(. I would die rather then to see that happen.

nir085

Horse and Armor
DemonX said:
Well, if its too long, and if someone carries it on, they will kill it just like DBZ was killed. Guts will have so many powers and he would be so strong and with the ishidoro and puck it would be stupid funny and that would be the end of berserk  :'(. I would die rather then to see that happen.
The funny part is, the DBZ Deluxe Edition manga, which includes both Dragonball and Dragon Ball Z went up to only 34 volumes. DBZ only got progressively better, but it must be extremely challenging and pressure-filled for Miura to come up with better stuff than what he has already come up with. The reason I'm mentioning DBZ all of a sudden is because, if you remember, the DBZ series alone went up to +270 episodes, and that's not including Dragon Ball so...if BERSERK even gets up to Volume 50, then it will really be long enough...

And yeah, like you said, the larger the series gets the larger the chances are of every animal that ever existed in the history of man, becoming a new form for an Apostle or Puck/Evarella having their own unreadable, unimportant commentative mini-series. Oh well, as long as it's still Miura who's doing BERSERK - I'm not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom