MMO Talk

ZoddtheGod

Zodd the Immortal
Damn, I've gotten Sky but Sea is still a good ways off. (on the diablo fight) My Drk really needs Sea. :sad: Is Odin really difficult?

I'd argue that getting to Odin is harder than fighting him. Just need a good amount of rangers and/or summoners. To put it in perspective, it usually takes about 25-30 people to clear a tier 3 Einherjar, but Odin only takes around 20-25 depending on the quality of your members. It's a pretty fun battle though! That's how I managed to get my adaman hauberk. Screw 21-24 hour or 3 day mob pops. I swear that those are the worst part of FFXI.

Of all the MMO's I have played two of them shine for me, one is Ultima Online which I have never played a more complete MMO than that (before it got toned down for all the care bears and whiners) .The other one would be City of Heroes which it was just plain fun specially since you could actually build your own one of a kind character. I am looking forward to Champions Online hopefuly it will have a good start.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
ELEKTRO said:
Of all the MMO's I have played two of them shine for me, one is Ultima Online which I have never played a more complete MMO than that (before it got toned down for all the care bears and whiners) .The other one would be City of Heroes which it was just plain fun specially since you could actually build your own one of a kind character. I am looking forward to Champions Online hopefuly it will have a good start.

Well Darkfall and soon to be out Mortal Online are supposed to be the spiritual successor of UO.... The only issue I had with CoH is that it gets really really repetitive with the same amount of missions using the same 4 different type of locations.

I know they released the "Build your own campaign" portion of it but blah. i think CoX is good for small portions of time then to take a break for a few months and then come back.

The only MMOs I really got into were EVE Online (because of the awesome guild by the SA guys) and Guild Wars, because of the fairly casual gameplay and interesting storyline (to me, anyway). Right now I'm eagerly awaiting Champions Online and Guild Wars 2. Hopefully they'll take what their predecessors (City of Heroes and Guild Wars, respectively) did well and not bog it down in so much 'new-fangled' fancy schmancy stuff.

What that means I really have no idea, I guess. :troll:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well Darkfall and soon to be out Mortal Online are supposed to be the spiritual successor of UO.... The only issue I had with CoH is that it gets really really repetitive with the same amount of missions using the same 4 different type of locations.

I know they released the "Build your own campaign" portion of it but blah. i think CoX is good for small portions of time then to take a break for a few months and then come back.

I actually quit playing CoH way before CoV came out, the game had allot of flaws but still while looking back at all the MMO's I have actually played (way to many since 1997) CoH is one of the few that actually pop up to mind.

yota821 said:
The only MMOs I really got into were EVE Online (because of the awesome guild by the SA guys) and Guild Wars, because of the fairly casual gameplay and interesting storyline (to me, anyway). Right now I'm eagerly awaiting Champions Online and Guild Wars 2. Hopefully they'll take what their predecessors (City of Heroes and Guild Wars, respectively) did well and not bog it down in so much 'new-fangled' fancy schmancy stuff.

What that means I really have no idea, I guess. :troll:

Guild Wars was pretty cool. The only bad thing is that without a good crew you really can't do well therefore once you take off for a few months getting back and finding a new crew is a hard thing.

I used to play WoW but I've quit for over a year though :(. I think Blizzard is one of the few companies out there along with Valve and Bioware that make one highly successful and critically acclaimed game after an other, but simply put World of Warcraft is the financially the most highly successful video game of all time, and that's for a reason to. I might get back into WoW this summer, becuase I got perma banned from Warcarft 3 less then a week ago becuase I was maphacking : (((((.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I don't know if I have enough time to Poop sock anymore... granted I played TF2 from 9pm until 5am this past weekend (wife was pissed :carcus: )

I am looking at Champions Online, Jumpgate Evolution, and Aion... but nothing too seriously... well i take that back. Jumpgate Evolution is the type of game that I have wanted to play for a loooong loooong time. EVE almost did it for me but I hate the combat in it.

I am currently playing a Free to Play game called Atlantica Online which has an interesting combat style... also the game looks pretty and what not.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Clawed The Bum said:
simply put World of Warcraft is the financially the most highly successful video game of all time, and that's for a reason to.

The reason being that MMORPG is an addictive genre and that WoW appeals to a wide variety of people.

Clawed The Bum said:
I got perma banned from Warcarft 3 less then a week ago becuase I was maphacking : (((((.

What can I say? Serves you well.

:beast: Currently playing City of Heroes/Villains I gave up on that game once I got my cape at lv 20 still got like 20+ days left on the month I paid for it.. Still got two months on Age of Conan but stopped playing that as it was boring and I found the only cool thing was the Mature content and fatality's , I do have WoW but haven't played in about a month now, I played it long enough to delete my warrior named Skullknight and make a Deathknight with that name got him upto lv.79 twinked em and had some pvp fun and decided I was bored with the "Get over here" and then 1-2 crit gank fest I was doing to people of course about um 3 months ago I played Star Wars Galaxies only long enough to get my Cloak of Hate and some hoth gear lol the best thing that came out of that was my girlfriend I met thru it. Atm I'am subscribed to two mmo's but don't want to lift a finger to play either one.. One that has sparked interest is Mabinogi Heroes but no release date for people in the U.S. yet :( if I had to recommend one I just couldn't because I feel each has things the others don't for instance if I can get WoW's player base and economy on Age of Conan and Aoc's Mature content on WoW lol as if that would be possible.. So untile Mabinogi Heroes has a release date I'm searching for a new hobby/mmo..

WoW toons: Medivh Server

Mabustm Lv.70 Warrior, Scarlett Lv.76 Warlock, Skullknight Lv.79 Undead Death Knight.

City of Heroes/Villains cheesy toon= Mabustm Lv. 21 Duel Blade regeneration Brute.
Triumph server.

Age of Conan toons Set server= Mabustm Lv73 Demonologist, Dotz Lv79 Necromancer, Guts Lv.39 Barbarian

Star Wars Galaxies Tempest server= Mabustm Lv.80 Jedi, Berserk Guts Lv.40 Bounty Hunter

SaiyajinNoOuji

Oh Star Wars Galaxies.... what a tragic tragic game... it had so much potential but then SOE just absolutely gang raped its face. :judo:

I am currently playing a semi free game called Requiem: Bloodymare . Its a decent game and a semi WoW clone but its fun for what it's worth.

I usually play it while I watch Star Trek: The Next Generation on youtube :carcus:

I am interested in Champions Online... Iv seen some beta footage of characters and in game play ( Thanks SA!) and it looks good graphic wise... but they have stated that it needs a lot of work on content... Oh man will I ever get over being a wandering MMO Gypsy whore? :slan:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Oburi said:
Nerd alert! :troll:
I will have you know sir that I wear that as a badge of honor! :azan:

Also Counselor Troi.... I would hit it like the fist of an angry god. :ganishka:

Anyways, Star Wars: Old Republic and Star Trek.

These two games are shaping up but only Star Wars seem's to be looking good. If that does come out I would give it a try... I miss my Master Commando/Master Smuggler. :sad:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I'm not really ready to dive headfirst into any MMO's right now, but my friend will not shut up about Star Wars the Old Republic. Admittedly, it does appear to be shaping up pretty nicely...

http://kotaku.com/5311897/star-wars-the-old-republic-script-more-than-40-novels-long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvbv-LkK6w

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7pkzc_star-wars-the-old-republic-trailer_videogames

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
1247445574807.png

This is an accurate representation of how I feel about MMO's

SaiyajinNoOuji

^^^^^Darklink, do you draw those yourself? If so I find them very awesome, funny, and true!

Well here is a new round of info folks. Today's topic is Final Fantasy 14 which will be online.

Some of the keypoints about this game are as follows.

-NO LEVEL'S OR EXP SYSTEM.
-There are 4 main groups for classes:
Warriors - Fighters, Archers, other classes not yet mentioned.
Sorcerers - Mage's, etc
Hunters - Fisherman, etc
Crafters - Blacksmith's, etc
-Story driven game like FF11
-So far all of the older playable races are back but have different names
-Weapons will play a much bigger role and determine what your class is. Not a lot of information is known on how this works but anything that takes out a lot of the grind is ok in my book.
-They have stated that they want people to enjoy the natural progression of their character.

That is all that is really known but the preview trailers really look great and show in game footage. I may get back into FF with this.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
^^^^^Darklink, do you draw those yourself? If so I find them very awesome, funny, and true!
Nah, I wish I did, but I just collect a lot of comics like that when I find them online, and then post them when I think they're relevant. If I ever do make one that I post, I'll let you guys know I made it.
On another note, I got the MMO bug again and started playing Ragnarok with my friends... for like 20 minutes, then I downloaded this one: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Guide/GameInfo.aspx I wouldn't call it great or even fun really, but it will feed my weeklong addiction hopefully.

I also can't wait for FFXIV, but I don't think I'll ever pay for a game monthly, so I most likely won't play it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://kotaku.com/5330299/final-fantasy-xiv-jobs-races-revealed

More info on the job classes for FFXIV. I'm not personally interested in it, but I just stumbled onto this info.

I'm playing some mmo myself runes of magic is alright, atlantica still playing this one game i don't mind playing its call blade and soul
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtA1jSreK84

it looks good but i want to play Aion but i might need to buy a new computer to play this.
Anyone know any good f2p games i need something new to play.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Azriel said:
I'm playing some mmo myself runes of magic is alright, atlantica still playing this one game i don't mind playing its call blade and soul
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtA1jSreK84

it looks good but i want to play Aion but i might need to buy a new computer to play this.
Anyone know any good ftp games i need something new to play.
FTP games? Why not head over to mmorpg.com They have a huge list of all current mmo's. Also I got into the DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) beta for the new module and free to play system. Only got to play an hour last night but it was good fun. Made myself a hafling ranger. :carcus:

I have been interested in playing an MMO for a very long time now and have never actually gotten to play one. Can anyone here list some really good MMO's so that I can try them out. I am mostly interested in fantasy and horror, not so much sci-fi.

SaiyajinNoOuji

slan69 said:
I have been interested in playing an MMO for a very long time now and have never actually gotten to play one. Can anyone here list some really good MMO's so that I can try them out. I am mostly interested in fantasy and horror, not so much sci-fi.
Well the obvious one is WoW. For what its worth, its a very polished game and if it is your first run through, it's very fun. Lot's of areas to explore and the scenery is nice.

Aion which is coming out is getting a lot of good reviews... it still needs some tweaking but it shows promise.

DDO is going to be free to play and well, its a well known game on pen and paper and online. It goes free to play September 9th I believe.

FF11 is still chugging along and its a very story driven good looking game. It is not very solo friendly at all so be for warned.

Bloodymare : Requiem is a WoW clone with a horror twist... but the horror part is just being able to blow up the mobs that you fight. its an ok game but i think they are closing in about 3 months though. Just a rumor but something that I have heard.

Age of Conan is another game... I can't really give an up to date account on it as a lot of things have changed but it has its moments. It has open pvp practically everywhere so if you don't like getting ganked, then i would steer clear.

Lord of the Rings Online is supposedly really good. Its a very polished PvE game with not a lot of pvp. You could check that out as well.

Also Everquest 2, Vanguard... i think I may be listing too many but there are options out there.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well the obvious one is WoW. For what its worth, its a very polished game and if it is your first run through, it's very fun. Lot's of areas to explore and the scenery is nice.

Aion which is coming out is getting a lot of good reviews... it still needs some tweaking but it shows promise.

DDO is going to be free to play and well, its a well known game on pen and paper and online. It goes free to play September 9th I believe.

FF11 is still chugging along and its a very story driven good looking game. It is not very solo friendly at all so be for warned.

Bloodymare : Requiem is a WoW clone with a horror twist... but the horror part is just being able to blow up the mobs that you fight. its an ok game but i think they are closing in about 3 months though. Just a rumor but something that I have heard.

Age of Conan is another game... I can't really give an up to date account on it as a lot of things have changed but it has its moments. It has open pvp practically everywhere so if you don't like getting ganked, then i would steer clear.

Lord of the Rings Online is supposedly really good. Its a very polished PvE game with not a lot of pvp. You could check that out as well.

Also Everquest 2, Vanguard... i think I may be listing too many but there are options out there.

The famous WoW, I was going to buy it until I saw that episode of South Park..... jk. :p Well thanks for the list I will definitely check out Aion and WoW since I have mostly heard nothing but good thing about WoW.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
slan69 said:
The famous WoW, I was going to buy it until I saw that episode of South Park..... jk. :p Well thanks for the list I will definitely check out Aion and WoW since I have mostly heard nothing but good thing about WoW.
Say bye-bye to the social life mee dear! :troll:. Anywho, what's the word on this new Star Wars MMO? Any decent comments? News? Yes I'm looking at you Mr. Saiya MMO Maestro Extravaganza.

Top Bottom