Nintendo DS

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Re: DS Lite

Hey thanks for the info, Aaz. I look forward to Yakuza 2 when it comes out. This looks like a bad ass month for the DS. With Zelda already released we also have the Treasure developed Bleach fighting game hitting our shores finally on the 9th. The new Phoenix Wright game is coming out during the middle of the month, and last but not least Front Mission towards the end of the month. Looks like good times ahead.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

handsome rakshas said:
This looks like a bad ass month for the DS. With Zelda already released we also have the Treasure developed Bleach fighting game hitting our shores finally on the 9th. The new Phoenix Wright game is coming out during the middle of the month, and last but not least Front Mission towards the end of the month. Looks like good times ahead.

You go that right man. There are just too many games coming out, I can't even dream of keeping track. You saw that Mistwalker officialized Blue Dragon DS yesterday? Anyway, some recent videos to illustrate:

FFTA2 Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25703.html
FFTA2 Gameplay videos: 01, 02, 03

Japanese commercials for ASH: Ad 01, Ad 02

FFIV TGS Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25846.html

Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness TGS Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25922.html?r=1&type=wmv

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Sadly, I want FFTA2.

In spite of all the kiddy shit, I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. I can deal with long noses..

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Uriel said:
Sadly, I want FFTA2.

In spite of all the kiddy shit, I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. I can deal with long noses..

Well, apparently that one will have a more mature plot, while keeping the same art style... We can always hope for less retarded "Laws" too (No Swords Allowed? Who came up with this bullshit?). Anyway, I recently ordered Luminous Arc since it seems to be the only decent Tactical RPG for the NDS so far. I know it's got mixed reviews, so I hope I won't be disappointed.

Uriel

I'll just get a PSP and then have best of both worlds.

FFT never came to our lowly European shaws -- at least not Englands (can't speak for all of us).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Uriel said:
I'll just get a PSP and then have best of both worlds.

I've been considering getting one lately (meaning for over a year :schierke:), but I already spend far too much money on games... It's hard not to succumb to the low price tag of the PSP S&L though. If anybody wants to donate one, I'm available! :troll:

Uriel said:
FFT never came to our lowly European shaws -- at least not Englands (can't speak for all of us).

It never came out in Europe at all. Just like a ton of other awesome games, unfortunately. It always baffled me as a really stupid thing given that Europe's got a huge market. Apparently Square Enix finally understood that recently, hopefully that enlightenment will spread to all publishers now.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Aazealh said:
I've been considering getting one lately (meaning for over a year :schierke:), but I already spend far too much money on games... It's hard not to succumb to the low price tag of the PSP S&L though. If anybody wants to donate one, I'm available! :troll:

Well they are coming out with that new model that is a lot slimmer and just looks better. I am considering getting one so I can get my Monster Hunter Portable fix.... that game is very addictive!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

SaiyajinNoOuji-Trading Cards said:
Well they are coming out with that new model that is a lot slimmer and just looks better.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I talked about the PSP S&L (PSP Slim & Light, the name of the new model). The price tag makes it a really good deal, the only negative point being the cheap UMD tray (I guess you can't have everything, and I'd rather have a good D-pad than a good tray anyway).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Climax (the studio that developed LandStalker and Shining Force back in the day) is working on a NDS game called Steal Princess. It'll be an Action-RPG revolving around a female thief called Anis and it'll be in the same spirit as LandStalker. Let's hope it's as awesome as its predecessor!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I also read on IGN that Nintendo will soon offer DS game demo downloads through its wi-fi network on the Wii.

Hmm well the DS is a good purchase, it's got some good games and the light version is quite nice. I think Nintendo's portable is better than their console, so far I've played my DS for more than my Wii. Plus with games like Phoenix Wright, which I already have on reserve, that alone increases how great it is. Hopefully they are coming out with even more games.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Walter said:
I also read on IGN that Nintendo will soon offer DS game demo downloads through its wi-fi network on the Wii.

Yeah, it was announced during their Fall conference. I'm also very excited about it, it was limited to Japan before and only accessible through special stations and whatnot, now they can really do something with it.

TriFrog said:
Hmm well the DS is a good purchase, it's got some good games and the light version is quite nice. I think Nintendo's portable is better than their console, so far I've played my DS for more than my Wii.

Well to be honest, it's hard for me to think of something I've played more than the NDS ever since I got it. In my opinion it's the all time winner of this generation of consoles, handheld or not.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Aazealh said:
Well to be honest, it's hard for me to think of something I've played more than the NDS ever since I got it. In my opinion it's the all time winner of this generation of consoles, handheld or not.

I'd definitely agree with this, my home restricted consoles have been pretty much collecting dust for a long time now. It all started with the GBA when a couple of guys at Gamestop convinced me to buy it when Aria of Sorrow first came out. Then Fire Emblem came out and I realized that I could actually make money AND play video games at the same time. Ever since I bought the GBA portable gaming has been pretty much been 95% of my gaming time. Portability is awesome for today's working man, both the PSP and NDS. And while the PSP is a great system, the NDS is the winner to me. I haven't really been playing too much NDS lately because I play Metal Gear Portable Ops Online more often. I have a feeling that's all going to change when Front Mission and Contra 4 come out. But then again Dracula X Chronicles comes out this month. Hmmm...anyway the moral of this story is I'd rather continue playing portables than participate in the next-gen.

handsome rakshas said:
And while the PSP is a great system, the NDS is the winner to me. But then again Dracula X Chronicles comes out this month. Hmmm...anyway the moral of this story is I'd rather continue playing portables than participate in the next-gen.
Oh yea. I love NDS and honestly I've been highly considering getting a PSP alone just to play Dracula X Chronicles. I'm just a huge castlevania fan I mean I even have SotN in Jap for the Saturn and I've played Rondo of blood, but the remake, well I'm really looking forward to playing it. I'm just not sure what other games for the PSP are also just as worth getting, thus my hesitation. Either way I have more time on portables lately then anything else thats for sure. Plus Nintendo can be gay with the add-ons, like how with the gamecube, in order to play four swords or crystal chronicles, for example, you needed a gba and a link cable for multi-play. Sure in the end, four swords was better that way but it can boost costs. And now they have the crossbow add-on. How much is that anyways? I don't know, but only the resident evil package could sell me into that one fast, otherwise I might never use it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

TriFrog said:
I'm just not sure what other games for the PSP are also just as worth getting, thus my hesitation.

Well, it depends on your tastes and whether you like remakes or not, but overall I think it's got a good choice of games available. Like I said a little while ago, the PSP S&L is really tempting to me, but I've already got a huge queued list of games to play so I'm not considering buying a new platform anytime soon.

TriFrog said:
Plus Nintendo can be gay with the add-ons, like how with the gamecube, in order to play four swords or crystal chronicles, for example, you needed a gba and a link cable for multi-play. Sure in the end, four swords was better that way but it can boost costs.

That's true, but now with Wi-Fi and all, the downsides won't be there anymore. Awesomeness ahead.

TriFrog said:
And now they have the crossbow add-on. How much is that anyways? I don't know, but only the resident evil package could sell me into that one fast, otherwise I might never use it.

$19.99 if I'm not mistaken, with the "Zelda: Crossbow Training" minigame. And RE: UC will have the gun as a bundle too of course. So far there are 4 or 5 games announced that'll use it, so I'm not too worried about it. This isn't any different from all the gun accessories we've seen on all consoles in the past, except it makes use of the standard controller and acts as a shell for it. RE: UC is also the only game I'm interested in that will use the gun so far (though Ghost Squad is apparently going to be good), but it interests me enough to warrant the purchase, especially since there'll be a bundle.

Anyway, here's a list of all the NDS and Wii games that'll come out until the end of the year: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/nintendo-reveal.html

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

handsome rakshas said:
With all the awesome next-gen games this week don't forget about Contra 4 coming out tomorrow!
I saw it at my game shop as I was picking up Galaxy, but after spending 49.99, I'm BAROQUE.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/2693

Video for Final Fantasy IV's DS port. It's looking totally awesome, and next to DQIV's remake, are probably the two titles Im anticipating the most next year. However, I'm sincerely afraid of what will happen with the voice acting when it comes over stateside... I can already feel the pain.

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]

After playing DQVIII i have really been hyped to more DQ games , though looks like DQIV will be the first, since DQIX will probably released in 2009 for the US. Then theres FFIV, I've never really like the FF series(mostly due to the reason of the crazed FF7 fans) but there's something about IV that catches my eye, i really hope its a good game.Also hope that Ninja Gaiden DS works.

Uriel

Walter said:
However, I'm sincerely afraid of what will happen with the voice acting when it comes over stateside... I can already feel the pain.

After playing Final Fantasy XII, I'm not worried at all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Fucking a, Japan's already working on V and we haven't even gotten confirmation for IV yet.

haha yea that's not a bad idea for gift cards. It looks like a lot of the same type puzzles, like the matchstick games and stuff but I've been interested myself. It seems a little iffy but it is getting good ratings.

Top Bottom