Predictions

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
typhonblue said:
Well, with this new evidence (re. Slann's death) I will have to amend my ending prediction:

Gats will kill all four remaining God Hand with a single swing of his super-charged sword of evil. Thus proving the the spiritual maxim that you can kill hatred dead with an even larger weapon of hatred.
Then he'll fix Casca, "yo, bitch. I'm gonna cure you with my bad-ass superspunk of evil. Stop wimpering like a retard and bend over."

The End

Fortunately (unfortunately?), Slann is still alive as revealed in Chapter 221. I'm still uncertain whether or not Godhand can actually be killed. Certainly Guts put a can of whoop-ass on Slann but whether or not he can actually kill them outright is something else.

Since Griffith is "mortal", I'm curious to see if he can be hurt by conventional weapons now. Then again, all weapons and arrows missed him when he was fighting that Kushan army... divine Godhand intervention I suppose.

S

SoulCrasher

I think GH can be killed, because before SK and Zodd fight outside the eclipse, SK says something like he is fated to kill Void, and wonders if it will be at that event. Although Zodd, and the GH admit that their prophecies aren't always right and not every path can be foretold, so maybe SK is wrong, but he seems to have been right so far.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
SoulCrasher said:
I think GH can be killed, because before SK and Zodd fight outside the eclipse, SK says something like he is fated to kill Void, and wonders if it will be at that event.

Skully never said that to Zodd, it's a mistranslation/misinterpretation.

S

SoulCrasher

Well, now that I've read the translation from the translation database I see what you mean. My scanlation is totally different. That's a pretty big mistranslation then. So when Skully says, "Void is always preaching about things you cannot avoid. This too is still within the flows of Casualty. I shall commit my body to the sword", what exactly does he mean in the second and third sentences?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
SoulCrasher said:
So when Skully says, "Void is always preaching about things you cannot avoid. This too is still within the flows of Casualty. I shall commit my body to the sword", what exactly does he mean in the second and third sentences?

To be sure I looked up the words in the manga myself, and I'll write down the exact words of Skully in Japanese here. This is also a test to see how this forum handles Japanese text. If you want to read it make sure you have the Japanese font installed and right-click on the page with this post and choose code --> Japanese (Automatic Selection). Can anyone see the text now? Or do you only see a bunch of crap?

Volume 13, Chapter 1, page 6:

ƒ{ƒCƒh‚ ‚½‚è‚ÉŒ¾‚킹‚ê‚΁A‚±‚ê‚à‚Ü‚½ˆö‰Ê‚Ì—¬‚ê‚Ì’†‚Æ‚¢‚Á‚½‚Æ‚±‚ë‚©B
‚æ‚©‚낤‚±‚̐g‚ðŒ•‚É‚©‚¯‚é‚̂݁B

Ro-maji: "Boido (Void) atari ni iwasereba, kore mo mata inga no nagare no naka to itta tokoroka." (maybe small sp. error in manga? tokoroka = tokoroga?)
"yokarou kono mi wo ken (= tsurugi?) ni kakeru nomi."

Translation: (first my own, than Ranemaka's)
"[..?..], even if it's said that this too is still within the flow of causality.
I shall commit this body to the sword."

"...Void is always preaching about things you cannot avoid. This too is still within the flows of Causality.
I shall commit my body to the sword."

I couldn't translate the first line SK says here myself, but it's definitely not true that he talks about defeating Void. The second line seems pretty obvious. SK states that even what they're doing know is still within the flow of causality.

But the last line is of more importance than everyone had probably ever imagined here. If you followed the events of the latest chapter from YA, you should know exactly what SK means here. He has indeed literally committed his body to his sword! :eek:

I think it's pretty cool that Miura hid such clues in Skully's words; it proves that Miura had thought this all out a long time ago. 8)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Bok Choy [Exams done!] said:
Fortunately (unfortunately?), Slann is still alive as revealed in Chapter 221. I'm still uncertain whether or not Godhand can actually be killed. Certainly Guts put a can of whoop-ass on Slann but whether or not he can actually kill them outright is something else.

Since Griffith is "mortal", I'm curious to see if he can be hurt by conventional weapons now. Then again, all weapons and arrows missed him when he was fighting that Kushan army... divine Godhand intervention I suppose.

I am not so sure Griffith is mortal now...I think Gutts will have to defeat him somewhere in the spiritual/astral realm with his sword...the sword having it own 'powers' now that it has slain so many.

I wonderif it was Godhand intervention or the fact that Griffith reborn has even greater powers than before...remember the scene where he has the spirits of the dead communing around him? He's a different Griffith now.

But we shall see how he is to be defeated. This probably won't come until the very end of this epic though...Guts has to kick ass the God Hand first and Griffith still has to get his kingdom.

LG

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I know this ending is gay sounding and too "happy??" and basically impossible because of Guts' hatred for Griffith but I thought... What if through some strange twist of fate Guts and Griffith became friends again. Maybe they would even kill the God Hand together or Griffith could tip Guts off on how to kill a God Hand? I know that sounds ridiculous since the whole series is based on Guts' revenge on Griffith. But I thought What If?

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
I think the ending will be gay... in he homosexual sense. The last chapter will be called HOT GRIFF ON GATSU YAOI ACTION XXX GAY YOUNG STUDS FREE NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED!!!!1!!1

G

Genn21

Dragon Slayer said:
I know this ending is gay sounding and too "happy??" and basically impossible because of Guts' hatred for Griffith but I thought... What if through some strange twist of fate Guts and Griffith became friends again. Maybe they would even kill the God Hand together or Griffith could tip Guts off on how to kill a God Hand? I know that sounds ridiculous since the whole series is based on Guts' revenge on Griffith. But I thought What If?

what if nothing... consider all the crap that gutts journay spanned from its because of one man

SexyCharlotte

Yeah I doubt Guts would be that forgiving. It seems likely he and Griffith will face off against each other in the apocalypse-like battle.

LG

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I just said what if lol. I already that ending would suck I just found it strange. But I thought of not even posting it cuz Guts just hates him too much. Just look at where Guts is now all because of Griffith

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Dragon Slayer said:
I just said what if lol. I already that ending would suck I just found it strange. But I thought of not even posting it cuz Guts just hates him too much. Just look at where Guts is now all because of Griffith
Being kissed by a booty goddess, poor Guts ! ::)
Guil

i have a feeling that Gattz will develop a new friendship with his new band much like he had with the band of the hawk characters and one or more will die in the final confrontation with Griffith. My guess it would be serpico and/or the as yet to join Azan. afterwards gattsu will go completely berserk and rip through whatever is in his way to get to griffith.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
namayias said:
i have a feeling that Gattz will develop a new friendship with his new band much like he had with the band of the hawk characters and one or more will die in the final confrontation with Griffith. My guess it would be serpico and/or the as yet to join Azan. afterwards gattsu will go completely berserk and rip through whatever is in his way to get to griffith.

Yeah that would be a sweet ending. After we learn some crap about Skull Knight and the God Hands origin and stuff.

SexyCharlotte

namayias said:

He's definitely 'ripped his way' through a lot of people and things so far.:)

LG

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
There seem to be a growing number of fans that want the microwave dinner version of Berserk: "Fast, hot and ready to eat within 3 minutes!"

There's something to be said of the subtlety of Miura's pacing recently. Some people need to stand back and smell the roses.

G

Genn21

why wouldnt he develop a friendship with his band of friends , to gutts losing people is causual but gaining friends is uncommen, miurra will find a way to keep these people important on gutts journey, hes pretty good with keeping a team lively and makeing them loved by the reader

Garouken

I'm a llama!
WHAT IF, During or near the "FINAL CONFRONTATION!!!!1111" between Gatts and Griffith, Griffith gets angry with his body's feelings for Caska and kills her. That being done, Gatts would go totally apeshit and, no longer hampered by a need to defend Caska, kick Griffith's ass. It wouldn't surprise me if he somehow killed himself doing so(Ala John Henry) and everybody that wasn't dead lived happily ever after.

G

Genn21

Garouken said:
WHAT IF, During or near the "FINAL CONFRONTATION!!!!1111" between Gatts and Griffith, Griffith gets angry with his body's feelings for Caska and kills her. That being done, Gatts would go totally apeshit and, no longer hampered by a need to defend Caska, kick Griffith's ass. It wouldn't surprise me if he somehow killed himself doing so(Ala John Henry) and everybody that wasn't dead lived happily ever after.

Question .. what says that ending doesent suck horribly ???

SexyCharlotte

Well I hope Caska doesn't die or get killed....she's been through enough already....I am personally hoping the girl gets back her sanity and then her kickass spirit. Hey, she killed those would-be rapists near the 'druid' tree and she was insane...so her warrior spirit still exists inside her.

LG

Garouken

I'm a llama!
Lady Griffith said:
Well I hope Caska doesn't die or get killed....she's been through enough already....I am personally hoping the girl gets back her sanity and then her kickass spirit. Hey, she killed those would-be rapists near the 'druid' tree and she was insane...so her warrior spirit still exists inside her.

LG

Or she's simply regressed back to an animalistic state and was defending herself with whatever means possible. I don't know, I just don't think Miura would cure insanity with some kind of fruity magic or something. It's probably permanent.

SexyCharlotte

Agent Smith said:
I was wondering will she ever gain her sanity, even she does how long will that be?

I have a tragic romantic vision in my mind where she gains her sanity just moments before she dies in Guts' arms or something.

LG

Top Bottom