Resident Evil 5

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abul-Abbas said:
Are any of you guys going to check out The Umbrella Chronicles? They're going to introduce all new characters. Unfortunately it's Wii-only (well, that's probably a good thing I just don't feel like buying another system I'll only use once in a blue moon).

I'll check it out depending on how good it is.

I have high hopes for RE5, and its nice to see Chris back, I'm feeling a bit of rotation here
1.Jill/Chris
2.Claire/Leon
3.Jill
CV.Claire/Chris
4.Leon
5.Chris
...Actually, there is no order. Once you take Zero into account and all the spin offs (not including 4 by technicality) it just seems the "main" entries do it. Either way, I some what hope to see every character in 5. High hopes again I guess.

As for the racial issue itself (not anyone's post)...Most "zombies" in RE1,2,3,CV,Outbreak,Survivor are depicted white, and in Outbreak, minorities are selectable. Raccoon City is nuked.
Capcom is Japanese.
Nuking White Americans. Race card well played.
Not to mention I don't remember too much uproar that Leon wipes out an entire population of Mexican-Spanish Speaking Spaniards who's only crime was trusting a white religious/cult figure with salvation. And being poor. Genocide, I say.

But go figure, lord forbid influence of Black Hawk Down and Serpent and the Rainbow be anything but another chance to pull race and make Chris a member of the KKK.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Certainly, nobody is suggesting the history of oppression whites have endured be overlooked. :carcus:

I'm sorry if you guys already posted this trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0InEhT6TY

I'm a huge RE fan. On numerous boards. People suspect sherry is involved.

There are some interesting aspects.
-The heat will actually dehydrate Chris and make it appear that he is seeing "Things".
-They're trying to get it where you can run/walk and aim.
-They're trying to get it to where you don't have to go to the "item" box to change weapons.
-All graphics as in Real Time.
-Wesker, Ada, Saddler..???, Yoko (Japanese girl from Outbreak) are all suppost to be in it.

A lot of interesting things are being speculated. Like the captured remains of "Alexia" mention in the Wesker report 2. People think Sherry is either the same as Alexia only applied to the G virus. And many agree Wesker is looking to get the best out of all sources of the G, T, Progentor, parasites.

Any how here is a lot of news from a few days ago. (Bottom of posted Link)

http://www.rehforums.com/forum/viral-research/3-resident-evil-5-a-124.html#post19721

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I'm sorry if you guys already posted this trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l0InEhT6TY

It was posted in the E3 News thread the day it was released, and in much higher quality.

Death May Die said:
People suspect sherry is involved.

There are some interesting aspects.
-The heat will actually dehydrate Chris and make it appear that he is seeing "Things".
-They're trying to get it where you can run/walk and aim.
-They're trying to get it to where you don't have to go to the "item" box to change weapons.
-All graphics as in Real Time.

Yeah, we talked about most of that in this thread or older ones. Having no boxes seems obvious after RE4, and shooting while walking could be nice if well done (I haven't heard any official comment on this yet though, and in that article you linked it seemed to be wishful thinking from the writer and not a fact). The heat mechanics sound great, I'm looking forward to them (see my previous posts). About the graphics being real time though, I think it referred to the trailer.

Death May Die said:
-Wesker, Ada, Saddler..???, Yoko (Japanese girl from Outbreak) are all suppost to be in it.

Hmm. Not sure I believe that honestly. Wesker will likely be there. Ada, possibly. However Yoko from Outbreak seems completely unnecessary/out of nowhere, and Saddler is pretty much dead. Unless a part the game is supposed to take place before RE4, I really don't think we'll see Saddler in there.

Death May Die said:
A lot of interesting things are being speculated. Like the captured remains of "Alexia" mention in the Wesker report 2. People think Sherry is either the same as Alexia only applied to the G virus.

The possibility of a regenerated Alexia was evoked in the thread. I don't believe it too much personally. The interviews have been really heavily hinting on the tank girl being Sherry. As for Sherry herself, while it's clear she'll have powers of some kind, I'm wondering if it won't be something more subtle than just being Alexia 2. At least I hope so.

I'll peruse the giant thread you linked whenever I'll find the time, thanks for posting it. In other news, Resident Evil UC will apparently be released on November 15 in Japan.

Aazealh said:
As for Sherry herself, while it's clear she'll have powers of some kind, I'm wondering if it won't be something more subtle than just being Alexia 2. At least I hope so.
I think she'll be like Wesker...To me, so far anyways, Wesker's abilities have been more "superhuman" and subtle than a mutating bio weapon (then again, maybe he and Sherry will do so in 5?) I'm also wondering why she is exactly in the tube. I know Wesker's "Safely in our hands" statement, so I doubt there was too much free will on her part. For all we know she's become like her dad.

As for the item box, I liked the item box =/

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Manji said:
I think she'll be like Wesker...To me, so far anyways, Wesker's abilities have been more "superhuman" and subtle than a mutating bio weapon (then again, maybe he and Sherry will do so in 5?) I'm also wondering why she is exactly in the tube. I know Wesker's "Safely in our hands" statement, so I doubt there was too much free will on her part. For all we know she's become like her dad.

Yeah, having powers while basically retaining her humanity is how I see it. And yeah, the whole tube thing is a little weird. I mean, she's wearing clothes inside it...

Manji said:
As for the item box, I liked the item box =/

I liked it too, but the merchant is cooler. :beast:

On my "Item Box" comment.

I am well aware of it not being used. I should of said the RE 4 item case. Though they may plan on still using it. They would like it to be where you can switch weapon and use items in real time...which frankly would add another layer to the game. You would have to run away from enemies to gain distance before using herbs or first aid spray. Assuming they still have those in the game.

Chronicles is looking interesting. The site I link earlier has post scans of the RE 3 section of the game.

www.rehorror.net

I also go to.

www.the-horror.com (The horror is alive)

Both veterains in the RE website community, very reliable sources.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
They would like it to be where you can switch weapon and use items in real time...

Yeah, I also read about that. It could be interesting, assuming they do end up implementing it. I know the sites you speak of, though I don't go there very often I must admit. I'm interested in UC, but I'm still very apprehensive so far. I hope they really put some effort into it and make it a quality game regardless of the fact it's a spin-off of a popular franchise.

I think the light focusing/adjusting is either going to be really cool or really annoying.

I do however like the shoots of 40+ villages throwing machetes at Chris.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I think the light focusing/adjusting is either going to be really cool or really annoying.

I think it can only be awesome. :guts: It'll be just like in real life, and from what they've shown of it I believe it's a great idea that will have great applications in-game. And yeah, the "too-many-to-kill" aspect is very interesting as well. Having plenty of ammo but facing an unending horde of enemies seems like the way to go.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Aazealh said:
I think it can only be awesome. :guts: It'll be just like in real life, and from what they've shown of it I believe it's a great idea that will have great applications in-game. And yeah, the "too-many-to-kill" aspect is very interesting as well. Having plenty of ammo but facing an unending horde of enemies seems like the way to go.
The lighting should make for some cinematic moments, and it still looks extremely sinister. The number of enemies will probably mean getting placed shots will be far more important. Of course, a shotgun isn't exactly poor at taking out swarms.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
The lighting should make for some cinematic moments, and it still looks extremely sinister.

Yeah, I really dig the idea of a scorching heat that you can't endure too long coupled with shady shacks hiding god knows what monstrosities.

Vaxillus said:
The number of enemies will probably mean getting placed shots will be far more important. Of course, a shotgun isn't exactly poor at taking out swarms.

I don't know, with the numbers we've seen I don't think fighting back will really be an option. The early information mentioned that the theme of the game would be flight and escape, and I think (hope) that's what we'll be forced to do at times in the game. When faced with huge crowds of monsters, the only choice will be to run away. It'd be a welcome change, making things both more realistic and more gritty, giving the game a desperate atmosphere that I could enjoy. :guts:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Aazealh said:
I don't know, with the numbers we've seen I don't think fighting back will really be an option. The early information mentioned that the theme of the game would be flight and escape, and I think (hope) that's what we'll be forced to do at times in the game. When faced with huge crowds of monsters, the only choice will be to run away. It'd be a welcome change, making things both more realistic and more gritty, giving the game a desperate atmosphere that I could enjoy. :guts:
That's true, it could really bring some of the tense moments of the genre back in a new form.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
El Gaucho Rojo said:
Wow, thank you so much for the new pics, Aaz. Is it just me or are the eyes of the new baddies the exact same as the eyes of the Merchant from RE4 (pre-red glow)?

They do look similar, yeah.

El Gaucho Rojo said:
And who's the girl in the fourth link? Jill?

I'm sure that's what everybody's wondering about. :guts: Maybe a new supporting character, like Luis in RE4?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Thanks for the pics, Aaz. That gal looks a little punky to be Jill, it'd be neat if it was her new look or something because she looks like a neat character. I'm excited about the game and all but I'm kind of worried about Chris being the main character. I mean he looks the part and all but he's always been kind of a stick in the mud boring character to me, how will he live up to Leon's comical remarks from RE4? Play as Chris rather than Leon? NO THANKS BRO!

From what I've been reading up on, is the new girl was thought to be Claire till a lot of people decided against that speculation. So, most people in the community thinks shes just another new character. Which really isn't what the RE universe needs IMO. Infact, they need to start killing a lot of old characters off.

The blond girl maybe Sherry from RE2, possibly your task in to protect her like with Leon/Ashley in RE4. But thats not official either.

However May 31st I believe I heard a trailer will be released explaining a lot of this. Probably will be leaked before then any how.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
I'm excited about the game and all but I'm kind of worried about Chris being the main character. I mean he looks the part and all but he's always been kind of a stick in the mud boring character to me, how will he live up to Leon's comical remarks from RE4? Play as Chris rather than Leon? NO THANKS BRO!

To be honest I thought that in RE4 they removed most of the uniqueness Leon had in RE2 in order to make him a really typically badass wisecracking character, which didn't work well IMHO. if Chris can simply be super badass but at least in a cool way I'll be satisfied. Because I can't think of anything cool about Leon's dialog with Salazar.

Death May Die said:
From what I've been reading up on, is the new girl was thought to be Claire till a lot of people decided against that speculation. So, most people in the community thinks shes just another new character.

Well that's great but what they think doesn't really matter.

Death May Die said:
Infact, they need to start killing a lot of old characters off.

Why? They could use the core characters they have available without killing them off. I'm sure there'd be more productive things to do with them than that.

Death May Die said:
The blond girl maybe Sherry from RE2, possibly your task in to protect her like with Leon/Ashley in RE4. But thats not official either.

I think everybody's been quite sure it's Sherry ever since we saw her for the first time.

EDIT: Teaser website.

Capcom made a announcement for BH5 and said the game could probably be available for this (Capcom) fiscal year. It means between October and March. Wait and see.

I just watched the premier of a new RE5 trailer on GameTrailers TV on Spike TV. I don't know if it has hit the internet yet but it was amazing.

Las Plagas is definitely involved (or some version there of... Or something that looks very similar to it).

The brunette woman is not Jill... But we knew that. Chris mentioned to her that his last partner was female (assuming that's Jill). It seems she's a brand new character.

A new version of Dr. Salvador is in the game (chainsaw maniac with bag mask). I know we already knew that but they give him more airtime and show him more.

Edit: The trailer - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34647.html

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool trailer. As I thought, the girl's just a new "Luis" type character, knowing the locale and stuff. I can live with that, and she looks cool enough. Hopefully the writers will calm down on cheesy one-liners this time. The only real new thing the trailer showed is the way the enemies can transform. Interesting to say the least, they really took the Las Plagas idea to a new level. I wish we'd still get some good old zombies, though.

Top Bottom