Resident Evil 5

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Proj2501 said:
This is the film RE fans deserved from the get go.

Really? It's not even film. =)

I mean, I know I'm being an unfair curmudgeon, but I remember when the Resident Evil movie was going to be adapted by George Romero, so talk about being ready to settle now, this just looks like a glorified FMV, another mediocre computer animated copout (and from what I've seen, I actually prefer the visual style of RE5). Anyway, maybe it'll be good in its own way, but I just don't see what's so special or exciting about it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Here here! I really hate those films. This is the film RE fans deserved from the get go.

Degeneration doesn't look all that good either to be honest...

X

Xem

It's pretty hard to mess up a movie where dead people are eating living people. No matter how it's done. Sounds like success to me. =)

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
Degeneration doesn't look all that good either to be honest...
Yeah I have to agree, it just seems like some crappy straight to dvd cgi flick, but Leon's my favorite RE hero so I'm down.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
toolkid2112 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QRgQq4qYc
i just saw this and resident evil is looking more insane wesker is back and by the way there is another trailer somewhere thats even better. and wtf is up with
the tombstone with jill valentines name on it how she die

Holy shit Chris's voice actor is awful! Or is it the script? :p
And Wesker's as cheesy as ever.

Aazealh said:
What?! Where is this shown?

EDIT: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21938

Damn, well I hope she's faked it and will reappear as the masked woman in a twist because she's one of my favorite characters from the series.

Yeah, Jill and Claire are my favorite characters in RE, i never rooted with the machos in this game. Maybe because Code Veronica and the first RE are the ones that i enjoyed the most.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Proj2501 said:
Just watched both trailers. No way Jill is dead. No way.
The graphics look amazing. :isidro:

I was very sad when I seen this as well. Don't worry, I have a feeling she'll at least be throwing you a rocket launcher in RE5.

Griffith

Is it just me, or is Wesker's over the top voice and cadence now mutating into almost some kind of pseudo-European accent? It's like he's one of those ridiculous celebrities that start pretending they're British, ala Madonna.

I like it though, it works for him, I was getting tired of his plain old smarminess. =)

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
they changed his voice actor since Umbrella Chronicles, the original (which i preferred) said he did the voice acting for UC but that when the game came out it had some else as the voice for Wesker. Fans notice CAPCOM bring him back

i wonder what happened to barry,carlos,and hunk maybe theyll make appearances. i bet this resident evil is going to have a good twist to it. it also seems like this game is getting alot more story heavy than 4 was which i like as long as they balance story with gameplay

Griffith

a
Kaji-Ryohji said:
they changed his voice actor since Umbrella Chronicles, the original (which i preferred) said he did the voice acting for UC but that when the game came out it had some else as the voice for Wiskers. Fans notice CAPCOM bring him back

Well, it's not like it's really the "original" anyway, the current guy is like the fifth Wesker, and despite having the one from Veronica as their regular at the time (CV, RE0, the Wesker Report), they had yet another Wesker in ReMake (who was a little more restrained and normal, maybe so he wouldn't sound so obviously evil), but then using the Veronica Wesker in RE0 didn't make much sense considering how connected and overlapping those games are supposed to be within the same 48 hour period (I guess Wesker needs a different voice actor depending on how much we're supposed to know he's evil or not =). Anyway, even though it's the same guy, and I didn't care for Wesker's voice in UC, I think he pulls it off here, over the top, but in a good way; he's just oozing with smarmy evil assholeness, while the Veronica Wesker was just more of a straight up douchebag. Who knows though, he only has a few lines in this trailer, but I thought they were surprisingly effective.

NightCrawler said:
I never finished RE4, should i? My Wii is sitting there so ronery. Haven't played for months.

Short answer: yes.

Also, why aren't you playing Mega Man 9!?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Just watched both trailers. No way Jill is dead. No way.
The graphics look amazing. :isidro:

I'll be honest, I love video games and that means most types of games and most popular series, but this game, it's just too much. I've been waiting for it to buy a X360 and you can be sure I'll have one the day it comes out. It looks so awesome that I simply can't conceive disappointment at this point.

When I look at the past few years and the coming one I have to hand it out to Capcom: they're the fucking best. They deliver no matter what the platform is.

Griffith said:
I like it though, it works for him, I was getting tired of his plain old smarminess. =)

Yeah, I dig it as well. He's pretty much the ultimate evil bastard now. :zodd:

NightCrawler said:
I never finished RE4, should i? My Wii is sitting there so ronery. Haven't played for months.

Yes, yes you should. Especially if you have the Wii version as it combines superior graphics and the PS2 add-ons with the top-notch Wiimote controls as the cherry topping the cake.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
I have to say that this game overall has a much more cinematic feel and look to it. I hope a lot of the of RE characters make cameos, and I loved that little allusion to Leon's report, here's hoping he makes a cameo in the game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
I have to say that this game overall has a much more cinematic feel and look to it. I hope a lot of the of RE characters make cameos, and I loved that little allusion to Leon's report, here's hoping he makes a cameo in the game.

Toolkid2112 is right I want Barry fucking Burton to kick a door open and blow shit up with a handcannon at some random point in the game. :ganishka:

And yeah, the "Kennedy report" was a nice touch. Here's to hoping there's more stuff in that vein (apparently there is since one dev told people to brush up on their RE knowledge by replaying previous games before going through 5).

while the Veronica Wesker was just more of a straight up douchebag.

Veronica Wesker thought everything was funny, laughing a little too much for my tastes. This Wesker is definitely his most sinister version yet (or so the trailers seem to depict)

Knowing that Wesker's character suffers from "Sephiroth Syndrome" (being much more powerful than the hero but his arrogance and desire to play games with his prey allows the hero to pull off the win) it'll be no surprise if Chris manages to walk away from their last (but not final) encounter in this game.

No way Jill is dead. No way.

I hope she is. I think that'll bring a nice change of pace to the series. They shook things up with the gameplay in RE4. Now it's time shake things up with the story in RE5.

Griffith

dwarfkicker said:
Veronica Wesker thought everything was funny, laughing a little too much for my tastes. This Wesker is definitely his most sinister version yet (or so the trailers seem to depict)

The laughing too much at everything is a good way to put it.

dwarfkicker said:
Knowing that Wesker's character suffers from "Sephiroth Syndrome" (being much more powerful than the hero but his arrogance and desire to play games with his prey allows the hero to pull off the win) it'll be no surprise if Chris manages to walk away from their last (but not final) encounter in this game.

This nerdspeak goes in too deep even for me, how is that an especially Sephiroth trait, other than his being overexposed, I thought he was just legitimately defeated by underdogs? Though, whatever you want to call it, Wesker certainly suffers from it in RE and CV. As a matter of fact, it would be more aptly called Wesker Syndrome. =)

dwarfkicker said:
I hope she is. I think that'll bring a nice change of pace to the series. They shook things up with the gameplay in RE4. Now it's time shake things up with the story in RE5.

I guess I'm kind of in middle, I don't really care, because I don't really buy it. Even if she's really "dead" in this one, they're probably going to revive her down the line anyway.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:

I don't mind characters dying in order to shake things up a bit, but Jill's as important a figure to me as Chris is, and I'd rather see Claire die if it came down to it. Really, we never got closure for a lot of secondary characters, so why not start with them? They could kill off Barry, Carlos, Rebecca or even Billy and make up a nice story for it. As it stands it just feels like they're replacing Jill with Sheva, and while I already like Sheva (love the close up shot on her swaying hips/butt in the trailers, very subdued and meaningful), I don't like that idea.

I agree, it does feel like Sheeva should be Jill. Who knows, what with the whole 'OMG whites shooting black people!' thing, maybe Jill was originally supposed to be in this one. (Speculation here) So they turned Jill into Sheeva. Idk.

But yea we need closure with some specific characters. Ok, someone chime in on this please. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO STEVE (CV)?! He hulked out then Wesker put him in his mini sub! Then what? I need to see what going on with Sherry and Steve.

Why did Wesker cock tease us in that one W. Report. "There's something bout that girl..."
Unless there's a "No one fucks wit da Jesus" kinda thing is goin on w/ Wesker

Btw: Carlos and Billy...YAWN

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
But yea we need closure with some specific characters. Ok, someone chime in on this please. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO STEVE (CV)?! He hulked out then Wesker put him in his mini sub! Then what? I need to see what going on with Sherry and Steve.

With those declarations about brushing up on old games, I'm thinking we might actually get some update on them...

Proj2501 said:
Btw: Carlos and Billy...YAWN

Yeah. Which is why they're the ones that should be killed off. No one would miss them.

Top Bottom