Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm quite dubious about Leon and Ada both having playable scenarios from RE4. I mean if there's one game in the series that was considered sure not to be part of UC, it's definitely RE4 (not to mention that the events in UC are all supposed to take place before RE4)... Besides, you'd think if they went all the way with RE4 they'd also have included RE: CV. I'll say it now though: if RE4 is indeed included in UC on top of everything else, I'll be very impressed.

If they do include RE4, what do you guys think the chances are they'll try to insert Umbrella into the story in some asinine way?

Osmund Saddler: Puppet Master behind Umbrella's actions?! :troll:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah since this game is about the FALL of Umbrella, it'd be kind of weird (or maybe fitting?) to go into a scenario that centers around
the revival of Umbrella by Wesker
. Either way, I can't see how that portion of the scenario has anything to do with Leon. Then again, part of UC's namesake is fanservice, and what better way than Leon/Ada? :serpico:

So, murky response I know, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't expect it, but I can see it happening...

Abul-Abbas said:
Osmund Saddler: Puppet Master behind Umbrella's actions?! :troll:
Don't tease, you know Capcom's capable of worse explanations.

Aazealh said:
if RE4 is indeed included in UC on top of everything else, I'll be very impressed.

So would I, but I highly doubt it. Really, there seems to be a shit load included in this game already. For instance, they had to 'redo' Resident Evil 3 to make it up to snuff with RE0 and RE1. They had to work on the character models for Jill, Carlos, Brad, The Nemesis and prob most of the enemies from RE3. Let's not forget the new scenarios with Wesker + Chris and Jill in Russia? Plus Hunk, the Tyrant(?) sportin' those funky glasses, the Russian guy. That would seem like enough work in itself.

Plus we haven't seen ANYTHING about RE2. You figure they would include that to further the hype for UC. Come on, who doesn't want Resident Evil 2...remade like RE1? Everyone does damnit.

I would say it's better not to assume RE2/CV/or RE4 will show up in UC.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
Plus we haven't seen ANYTHING about RE2. You figure they would include that to further the hype for UC. Come on, who doesn't want Resident Evil 2...remade like RE1? Everyone does damnit.
Well, we saw scenes from Racoon City infested with zombies, which could be BOTH RE2 and RE3 :void:

Fuck, my mistake. I just skimmed over the replies and they read "September" and assumed it was referencing 2 months ago, instead, its a year ago. Just for the sake of posting it,
http://gonintendo.com/?p=5654
Half of it has turned out to be true while the other half has seen a bit of a filtering down. I just took a quick glance at the gameplay timeline and assumed that the confirmation was the actual game's lay out, and not pre-production lingo. My mistake, but hopefully there's a little fruition to it.

Figured I'd add something,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_The_Umbrella_Chronicles
(oh yes a wiki)
There are indeed two Resident Evil 2 scenarios, one covering HUNK, and another entitled Death's Door (character Unknown, I'm guessing Ada since she kinda did the whole die and come back thing like Wesker...Because of Wesker?)

Well I guess this closes the door on Leon and Claire for whatever reason, but again, these weren't even revealed until a few weeks ago but eh, less than a week left, I don't expect much.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I know Wiki lists them separately, but wouldn't it make sense for the Death's Door scenario to be Hunk's, since he's "Mr. Death" and all? :guts:

Man, I'm really psyched for this game now. Only a few more days, and of course I have nearly no cash I can blow on it... Fucking a, Contra 4 comes out the same week. UGH!

Walter said:
I know Wiki lists them separately, but wouldn't it make sense for the Death's Door scenario to be Hunk's, since he's "Mr. Death" and all? :guts:

Man, I'm really psyched for this game now. Only a few more days, and of course I have nearly no cash I can blow on it... Fucking a, Contra 4 comes out the same week. UGH!
This game mortifies me financially, I have the embukai (Eishin Ryu mecca) coming up and that's quite expensive, then tons of other games and people visiting and Christmas. FRUSTRATION. But I will get it.

You say Death=Death, but again, I think it reeks of Ada (no offense to Ada's..fragrance?)being confirmed and all yet no "Chapter" alluding to her thus far, and HUNK has the prior scenario, so as to why he would be the "unknown" for this, I have no idea.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Phoenix Wrong! said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_The_Umbrella_Chronicles
(oh yes a wiki)
There are indeed two Resident Evil 2 scenarios, one covering HUNK, and another entitled Death's Door (character Unknown, I'm guessing Ada since she kinda did the whole die and come back thing like Wesker...Because of Wesker?)

From what that Wikipedia article says, there's just one scenario for RE2 and it's Hunk's. Death's Door would be Wesker's scenario during RE0. Was edited later in the day... Goes to show what to expect from Wikipedia. =) The information's taken from the Primagame website, so it's mostly reliable: http://www.primagames.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780761558453

This means no Leon or Claire unfortunately. Maybe in Umbrella Chronicles 2. :void:

Man, it's going to be hard to wait to buy all those awesome games that are coming out... I can't remember a time before where there were that many games coming out at once that I wanted.

Walter said:
Only a few more days, and of course I have nearly no cash I can blow on it...
Aazealh said:
I can't remember a time before where there were that many games coming out at once that I wanted.

I feel you pain Walter. I just caved and bought Guitar Hero 3 and Call of Duty 4. I need to muster up enough green to get a Wii, RE4, UC, Ace Combat 6, and Kane and Lynch (if it doesn't suck).

Would you believe there was like a good year and a half I didn't play ANY video games.

That was a productive time in my life....

Spoilers Ahead:

You guys may of already posted this, but "Death Door" is the Ada Mission. Its a "Subchapter" in the game. Hunk is in a subchapter called "4th Survivor".

Two things here. A strategy guide containing an game outline with weapons, locations, characters, etc.

http://www.primagames.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780761558453

And some scans of Ada's Scenario in the game:

http://i21.tinypic.com/652u5v.jpg
http://i22.tinypic.com/wth8ck.jpg

Which looks pretty fun. Looking from the scans, there seems to be locations in her chapter from RE2, and RE4.

Well I guess I hit the nail on the hammer with the prima/wiki link earlier, however Death, I think the scans showing Ada in the village aren't for UC, but appear to be from her Separate Ways scenario in RE4 itself. Again, I wouldn't say it -completely- closes its door on Leon/Claire, given we had no idea of such an Ada scenario or RE2 itself being present until said Wiki mentioned prima leak. However as sadly as it seems, the guide does seem to pretty much cover everything and I doubt they would leave out mention of such.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Phoenix Wrong! said:
Well I guess I hit the nail on the hammer with the prima/wiki link earlier

Yeah, though like I pointed out earlier, the Wikipedia article itself went through some strange phases between the time you originally posted and now. DONATE NOW! :void:

Phoenix Wrong! said:
however Death, I think the scans showing Ada in the village aren't for UC, but appear to be from her Separate Ways scenario in RE4 itself.

Yup, it's from RE4. It's actually written on the page. =) Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy that we'll see what Ada did behind the scene in RE2, it's actually enough of a pleasant surprise (especially coupled with Hunk's scenario) to make me forgive Capcom for omitting the rest of RE2.

Aazealh said:
Yup, it's from RE4. It's actually written on the page. =) Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy that we'll see what Ada did behind the scene in RE2, it's actually enough of a pleasant surprise (especially coupled with Hunk's scenario) to make me forgive Capcom for omitting the rest of RE2.
Pretty much agreed on the RE2 part. Well, I wouldn't say its a matter of forgiveness so much as making me commend Capcom for going out of the way. We now officially have all numerical REs prior to 4. The reason I can't see why they would omit Leon and Claire personally now is just the sheer number of characters to emerge since "Billy/Rebecca, Chris/Jill, Jill/Carlos" (to my knowledge, Wesker wasn't playable initially or at least not revealed) and since then they just keep pulling more and more out, so as to why the two protagonists of RE2 (the whole "RE2 had nothing to do with Umbrella" thing seems to be blown out of the water now) are the ones to get left stranded is a bit of a mystery to me. I agree at this point they've more than made up for it, but I still can't feel bad for hoping that's not entirely true.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Phoenix Wrong! said:
(to my knowledge, Wesker wasn't playable initially or at least not revealed)

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Wesker, Hunk and Ada are/were supposed to be hidden characters that have to be unlocked.

Phoenix Wrong! said:
since then they just keep pulling more and more out, so as to why the two protagonists of RE2 (the whole "RE2 had nothing to do with Umbrella" thing seems to be blown out of the water now) are the ones to get left stranded is a bit of a mystery to me.

Yeah, I'd also like to know. It could range from a simple disputable decision from someone at Capcom ("RE2? No need for it, we've already got RE3 in there!") to more practical matters like Birkin's multiple transformations being too bothering to implement or the story being too big/long to add to the game, or the characters spending too much time alone in separate yet complementary and therefore unskippable scenarios (as opposed to the character you don't play with spending all the game in a cell in RE1), consequently not allowing cooperative play, etc. There are many possible reasons, so hopefully it'll be clarified in an interview sooner or later.

Yes, that is correct. There should be 8 playable characters.

Not to jump the gun but yet another spoiler page, one in which I think wesker makes a interesting thoery and applied himself to it.

Another for warning of spoiler. (Highlight to reviel on the page)

http://www.rehorror.net/thirdeye06/reuc_spoilers.php

And as for the cast to the game, here is a page.

http://www.rehorror.net/thirdeye06/reuc_characters.php

Eight of Which are playable.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Not reading the spoilers because I've already spoiled myself far too much on this game (meaning, please use spoiler tags guys if you discuss them here), but that character page is basically nothing new. The only non-playable character in it is obviously the new villain...

Another Spoiler Warning.

To articals in the game have been released. One, a memo for wesker, another by Ozwell.

http://www.rehorror.net/thirdeye06/reuc_newfiles.php

(to tell you the truth there isn't much we don't already know in the memo's. They are interesting.)

Top Bottom