The Millennium Harbinger

Walter said:
Uh huh. So you claim to have just goaded me to reply? I see. Hm, I'll keep that in mind for the files.  :rakshas:

And the DH translation still doesn't change the meaning of the line. I really don't think it's implying anything like what you were saying.

QUE?..Files!...Schemer's aren't we all...It was not my intention to make you feel "Goated"...pardon my gratuitous insolence Walter...it's just...uh..nevermind.

p.s Oh and hey!...BEEP-BEEP sssshhrrrroooooommn(speed sound effect) :puck:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
It's a neat idea, and certainly some of its general principles apply as Walter said, but for every one thing that's been claimed as possible support for Griffith actually being Gaiseric reincarnated, there's two things which directly suggest otherwise. Everything we know about God Hand, Causality, Gaiseric, Idea, Skull Knight, and Griffith himself, put together, simply does not suggest that he is Gaiseric, and in fact contradicts such a notion.

Like I said, interesting idea though, especially its broader implications and themes which, in fact, are relevant. Such as Griffith playing, or having played, a Gaiseric-like role in history, which is directly suggested in the series.

This is going to be one hell of a speculation so prepare yourselves for This three part theory.

PART ONE

In concerning how the Astral world came to be. First let me explain how the Ideal world came to exist. According to my own philosophy about ones "spirit", "soul" and "flesh". Ones "spirit" is basically ones ego in every sense of the word. For example ones egotism along with ones consciousness of ones own identity and ones conscious mind make up the "spirit". Now in religious literature ones "heart" and "soul" are interchangeable because both are a representation of ones emotional self. Ones emotional self is defined as ones subconscious self, this is the "soul". This then creates our psyche. The "spirit" side manipulates the "flesh" or body within the Mortal world but the "spirit" is also governed by ones subconscious self or "soul" to a certain extent. When a mortal "flesh" expires so to does the "spirit" for the most part or rather it becomes one with the "soul", which is all that is left so that then this entity may become one with the Ideal world.

PART TWO

Mayhap from this mass collection of ideas and desires; If one were to categorize these thingsthey might for the most part become up to say...five Ethos'. What if from the Ideal world the Astral world is formed. Some ideas and desires may then come to exist within the Astral world as elves, pixies, trolls and even ghost's. Now what if those five main Ethos' were to manifest in the Astral world and eventually become the five members of the God Hand; and through beherit's certain individuals will assume the roles of Void, Ubik, Conrad, Slan and Femto.

PART THREE

This would then create an interesting relationship between the beherit's and the branded folk within the Interstice, which from what we know serves as a border between the Ideal and Astral world and the Mortal world. For the sake of this entire argument let us view the Interstice as the surface of a pond. Now within that pond beneath the surface is the Mortal world and above the surface is the Astral world. What if Void and the other members of the God Hand wanted to exist within the Mortal world once again; but in order to do so they had to return to their Ideal world/selves to then transmigrate to the mortal world... if that were possible to do. If they did for example Void would lose his power and become a mere mortal like the wiseman. What if the God Hand needed a way to exist within the Mortal world without having to sacrifice their powers; So Griffith is just an experiment to see if it is possible to do so. What if when Gaiseric died he was not reincarnated like I have stated earlier but instead his "soul" happen to fit Femto's Ethos' and the idea of such a great ruler was then used to create Griffith by the "idea of evil". :idea:

p.s if this is true then maybe the Skull Knight is trying to stop their plans.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gnihilyn said:
In concerning how the Astral world came to be. First let me explain how the Ideal world came to exist.
It's never a good idea to start your speculation like it's already a fact.

For example ones egotism
Egotism: 1. excessive and objectionable reference to oneself in conversation or writing; conceit; boastfulness.

When a mortal "flesh" expires so to does the "spirit" for the most part or rather it becomes one with the "soul", which is all that is left so that then this entity may become one with the  Ideal world. 
Why couldn't this single sentence have been the entirety of part 1?

Mayhap
MAYHAP!

from this mass collection of ideas and desires; If one were to categorize these thingsthey might for the most part become up to say...five Ethos'.
It's also never a good idea to wave around concepts you learned in Philosophy 101 like the star wars kid and his lightsaber.

Now what if those five main Ethos' were to manifest in the Astral world and eventually become the five members of the God Hand; and through beherit's certain individuals will assume the roles of Void, Ubik, Conrad, Slan and Femto.
But... the Idea of Evil created the God Hand. You're really leaving out a huge variable here in your grand plan. The Idea of Evil literally shapes them into these beings with the power of the swell of evil gathered in the Abyss.

For the sake of this entire argument let us view the Interstice as the surface of a pond. Now within that pond beneath the surface is the Mortal world and above the surface is the Astral world.
Miura has already offered a water/moon analogy that works fine.

What if Void and the other members of the God Hand wanted to exist within the Mortal world once again; but in order to do so they had to return to their Ideal world/selves to then transmigrate to the mortal world... if that were possible to do. If they did for example Void would lose his power and become a mere mortal like the wiseman.
It's reeeeaally not that simple. Re-read what Schierke says about the power of the God Hand's existence in volume 22 and 24 ("an enourmous flow of od that engulfs and charms people"). These are spiritual entities with such power that it takes a once-in-a-millennium ceremony to incarnate them in a fleshly body. Their very existence is tied to this power. The breadth of this existence is what allows Griffith to create ripples in the world: his massive spiritual existence is transforming the rules of his surroundings.

What if the God Hand needed a way to exist within the Mortal world without having to sacrifice their powers; So Griffith is just an experiment to see if it is possible to do so. What if when Gaiseric died he was not reincarnated like I have stated earlier but instead his "soul" happen to fit Femto's Ethos'
Or, OR... Bear with me here because this is some crazy shit I'm about to lay down. I'll even do it in three parts. Part 1: What if when Gaiseric's body died, Part 2: his spirit transmigrated somehow to inhabit a new armor and Part 3: he became a warrior to stand against all evil beings? What if Gaiseric's soul never joined the Vortex ... and he was still around somehow  :isidro:

p.s if this is true then maybe the Skull Knight is trying to stop their plans.     
Yeah, maybe the Skull Knight is opposed to the God Hand?

Walter said:
It's never a good idea to start your speculation like it's already a fact.
Egotism: 1. excessive and objectionable reference to oneself in conversation or writing; conceit; boastfulness.
Why couldn't this single sentence have been the entirety of part 1?
MAYHAP!
It's also never a good idea to wave around concepts you learned in Philosophy 101 like the star wars kid and his lightsaber.
But... the Idea of Evil created the God Hand. You're really leaving out a huge variable here in your grand plan. The Idea of Evil literally shapes them into these beings with the power of the swell of evil gathered in the Abyss.
Miura has already offered a water/moon analogy that works fine.
It's reeeeaally not that simple. Re-read what Schierke says about the power of the God Hand's existence in volume 22 and 24 ("an enourmous flow of od that engulfs and charms people"). These are spiritual entities with such power that it takes a once-in-a-millennium ceremony to incarnate them in a fleshly body. Their very existence is tied to this power. The breadth of this existence is what allows Griffith to create ripples in the world: his massive spiritual existence is transforming the rules of his surroundings.
Or, OR... Bear with me here because this is some crazy shit I'm about to lay down. I'll even do it in three parts. Part 1: What if when Gaiseric's body died, Part 2: his spirit transmigrated somehow to inhabit a new armor and Part 3: he became a warrior to stand against all evil beings? What if Gaiseric's soul never joined the Vortex ... and he was still around somehow :isidro:
Yeah, maybe the Skull Knight is opposed to the God Hand?

It was not my intention to pass on every sentence of this speculation as if it were facts within the Berserk story. I was just trying to set up for the sentences that followed. That definition of egoism....uh by stating it are you implying that I should have added it to my speculation even though it seems as if my post was to long for you. Atleast thats the imppression I'm under; If your under the impression that that is the only definition of the word than sorry but it's has other defintions that are just as relevant. Yes I did feel it needed to be that long since I needed to explain my interpretation of the berserk world in full. This way if I had a misconception someone can then shed some light on a detail I had missed. I can then work that into my speculation so that I can develop a more accurate theory in the future posts. Philosophy 101?...interesting, I mean I was merely combining definitions, some religious and even scientific along with my own personal opinion and not something I learned from anybody else.

In concerning the "Idea of evil" shaping and forming the God Hand... If you know in which world the "idea of evil" exist in can you please clarify where. The analogy I offered was supposed to be an extention of Miura's analogy but I decided that I shouldn't take a bunch of quotes from the story,not provide an opinion along with those quotes and then try to pass that as my opinion like some individuals usually do within our community....Oh and your part 1,2 and three...still existing?...where and how and whom? If you mean the skull knight then nevermind answering.

..And what I said about Skully wanting stop the God Hand I suppode was pointless...sorry for being "Capitan obvious"

Since what Walter posted did not undermind my three part speculation, In fact it kind of...helps in a great way. Having said that... how should we view the "idea of evil" and "causalities plan"? Well I think the "idea of evil" should be regarded as a phenom and "causalities plan" as a phenomena. When viewed this way what exactly is the relationship between the two? I think that if you were to apply what Schrierke said about the supposed fact according to Schrieke's knowledge; It takes about 1000 years for a God Hand member to be incarnated from the Astral world to the Mortal world. That would then imply that Femto has existed in the Astral world for 1000 years....Now in order for that to be possible. I'll reiterate my argument and add to it; That the "idea of evil" whom exists within the Ideal world had have maybe formed and shaped the five Ethos' of the God Hand members who because of "causalities plan", The beherit's know their true owners(individual identities who the "idea of evil" needs not to know) and in an interval of every 216 years, which ever person has the beherit's needed to become God Hand members will transmigrate and assume their respective roles as the God Hand. :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gnihilyn said:
Since what Walter posted did not undermind my three part speculation, In fact it kind of...helps in a great way.
Actually, it doesn't. It points out how your speculation was completely fruitless and based on false reasonings -- for the second time in 24 hours.

Having said that... how should we view the "idea of evil" and "causalities plan"?
Causality is an impartial concept. It has no plan of its own. Causality is simply the chain of events set in motion by the Idea of Evil.

think that if you were to apply what Schrierke
Wow, I thought we'd already caught all possible misspellings of Schierke's name. Clearly not.

said about the supposed fact according to Schierke's knowledge; It takes about 1000 years for a God Hand member to be incarnated from the Astral world to the Mortal world. That would then imply that Femto has existed in the Astral world for 1000 years.
Wrong and wrong. Skull Knight informed Guts of the 1000-year-incarnation ceremony, not Schierke. And it isn't a process that "takes about 1000 years." It's a ceremony that can only occur ONCE EVERY 1000 YEARS. There's quite a distinct difference.

You've REALLY got to stop posting this presumptuous shit. I know we say it a lot around here, but please, you clearly need to re-read the manga several times before attempting to develop these complex theories.

........wow I concede defeat and apologize for posting all of that "presumptuous shit" and given such language. I realize now just how much these recent posts of mine have been so bothersome to Walter and anyone else. I did not see before how much I hindered this subject and apologize to you genuinely.

p.s Thank you for pointing out my weakness... I just realized I only read the series in it's entirety once.
I'll take your advice and will not partake in any post concerning any subject....for now. :zodd:

Top Bottom