TV Series: Lost

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Lost Season 4

Cool indeed, but where are the other two hours we were supposed to get? :daiba:

Griffith No More! said:
Cool indeed, but where are the other two hours we were supposed to get? :daiba:

They'll be part of Season 5 and 6. Maybe both will be 17 episode Seasons instead of 16 or maybe Season 5 is 18 episodes and the last one 16 or something. I don't remember where I read it but I heard that those hours were supposed to focus on
Dan and Miles
, so I guess we'll still be asking what their role in the big scheme is till next Season...

Since Griff didn't rate this episode I'm going to go ahead with my score:

losttouchdown.gif
losttouchdown.gif

lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif

lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostsayid.gif

And I feel we need a
Smokey animation
from this ep for future scoring :badbone:

That was the best episode of LOST i may have ever seen in my life...

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless

lol you're easily pleased.

It was good, but i was annoyed by some things,
specially the completely out of character and naive Sayid. What a way to explain something in less than 5min for plot sake and completely shitiing on the character
. Eh, its Lost, nothing that hasnt been done before in the show.

Griffith

Well, if you've been watching the NBA playoffs on ABC, you would have practically seen the whole episode already, and more.

Anyway, here's the true rating. :carcus:

losttouchdown.gif
lostsayid.gif
lostthisfuckinshow.gif

A touchdown for the overall Benness of the episode obviously, but only one little Sayid neckbreak for wasting that guy who supposedly killed his wife, but since Ben was playing him like a sap and could have very well killed Nadia himself, no more. Anyway, it was alright, but the whole thing with Ben and Widmore, the rules, etc... a little grand, artificial, and hokey. This is another one that runs the gamut of good Lost and bad Lost. One cool thing though is that the thread for the possible climax/resolution could be taking clearer shape, what with all these people seemingly looking for the island later (Jack, Widmore), or trying to keep people from finding it (Ben and friends); a race to the island for the final showdown. As with Ben and Sayid, this could make for some strange bedfellows... and enemies. Again, I just hope that race doesn't get too hokey or turn into The Cannonball Run, with G.I. Joe vs Cobra Commander-like factions. Jack, leave your Racer X suit and Matrix moves at home.

NightCrawler

Racer-X suit made me laugh.

And Ben fuckin steals every scene he's in. I love how almost every villain mastermind has piano skills.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

NightCrawler said:
I love how almost every villain mastermind has piano skills.
And keeps
a shotgun under the piano bench
. That earned a lol from me :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Walter said:
And keeps
a shotgun under the piano bench
. That earned a lol from me :guts:

I liked the baton, as well. My friend Jared has dubbed it the Widmore Wacker.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Locke's been a truly worthless character this season. I wonder if even Jacob will think he's a washup when they finally meet again.

NightCrawler

Walter said:
Locke's been a truly worthless character this season. I wonder if even Jacob will think he's a washup when they finally meet again.

I was about to comment on that. Locke was a favourite and its sad to see him reduced to a tool.

Griffith

I wonder if Jack is going to die tonight!? Oh, the suspense! :isidro:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Griffith No More! said:
I wonder if Jack is going to die tonight!? Oh, the suspense! :isidro:
THE JACK SHEPARD DYING STORY THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR. - NEW LOST.

Griffith

New rating for an old phenomenon, this episode most certainly was...

lostfiller.jpg

And yeah, I can't wait for the return of the suicide beard, my own is just about as bridge-worthy as Jack's.
Anyway, dug Hurley as the crazy clearvoiant, and Jack made a good scared straight man in denial. Kind of a gyp that we never got to see any conversation with Daddy when he showed up chains a rattlin' because Jack was too big a wuss to talk to his dead father, though I was delighted to see him instantly abusing prescription drugs by swallowing them with alcohol. Even more hilarious was the next time you see Jack, and he's surrounded by beer and wine bottles, you figure he's been slowly and subtly descending into abuse under the radar until finally reaching such an obvious state of distress... and then you find out it's the next fucking day! This show should be on TBS, "Very funny."

I usually call episodes like these "setup" episodes, but the appendix situation was surprisingly filler. I do like how they've had alot of use for Bernard lately though, since he's the last Tail-section survior. It was also interesting to see alot of things taking shape like Sun/Jun, Claire/Aaron and Jack's madness.

But I was disturbed to see Danielle dead and buried. After last weeks episode I was even more sure she had somehow survived (healed by the island) and it would set up a future conflict with her and Ben who let her daughter "die". I suppose losing her daughter and getting reunited with Alex was pretty much the only purpose to her arc.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Well, just saw the last two episodes at once. I liked last week's better than this one, obviously. Smoke monster attack in full glory was nice, though I was dismayed to see that some of the soldiers survived it. Anyway, I find it interesting that so many characters are dying. It's an easy (but cheap) way to reduce the plot threads to the basics. That's where you can see they're really trying to bring it to an end.

Griffith No More! said:
Anyway, it was alright, but the whole thing with Ben and Widmore, the rules, etc... a little grand, artificial, and hokey.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't find that part very inspired.

A.C said:
I usually call episodes like these "setup" episodes, but the appendix situation was surprisingly filler.

Surprisingly? Oh come on, what else was it going to be? Did you think he'd die?

A.C said:
I do like how they've had alot of use for Bernard lately though, since he's the last Tail-section survior. It was also interesting to see alot of things taking shape like Sun/Jun, Claire/Aaron and Jack's madness.

But I was disturbed to see Danielle dead and buried. After last weeks episode I was even more sure she had somehow survived (healed by the island) and it would set up a future conflict with her and Ben who let her daughter "die". I suppose losing her daughter and getting reunited with Alex was pretty much the only purpose to her arc.

Yeah, it's taking shape quickly, maybe a little too quickly in fact. Why not though, I'll just wait and see where it's headed. I'm glad they're not wasting time and are showing us that the boat guys have bad intentions. Beating around the bush was getting tiring. I won't miss Alex, but I admit I wish we'd seen more of Rousseau. I liked her and it's too bad that her original badass self was reduced to only a shadow of itself in the later seasons. A sad end for someone that survived so long on the island by herself.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

>>spoiler quote from Aaz:
I admit I wish we'd seen more of Rousseau. I liked her and it's too bad that her original badass self was reduced to only a shadow of itself in the later seasons. A sad end for someone that survived so long on the island by herself.

Agree totally, especially since Shannon got her own goddamned flashback episode when she was shot. Rousseau was killed like a dog in the street, with no backward glance from the writers. This fucking show!

Griffith

I'm simply numb to the Rousseau thing, like Locke, she was already dead to me. On that note, convenient that they "buried" them, but didn't cover their faces with more than a centimeter of dirt. Anyway, I enjoyed the flashforward with Jack, though it filled in the blanks more than it actually advanced anything, like A.C. said, it was like setup, but it never went anywhere or really payed off on it's own, so it seems that this episode is filler by rare unanimous decision.

Here's food for thought, did Jack yell at Kate, "You're not even related to him!" knowing that he, in fact, is related to Aaron? And, if Jack, and I assume Kate, still aren't supposed to raise him, is Claire still alive, either on the island or elsewhere, to do the job?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Griffith No More! said:
Here's food for thought, did Jack yell at Kate, "You're not even related to him!" knowing that he, in fact, is related to Aaron? And, if Jack, and I assume Kate, still aren't supposed to raise him, is Claire still alive, either on the island or elsewhere, to do the job?

I wondered the same about what he told her. And I think that "no one should raise Aaron other than Claire" thing is getting a little played out, so hopefully they won't make it last too long.

Aazealh said:
And I think that "no one should raise Aaron other than Claire" thing is getting a little played out, so hopefully they won't make it last too long.

Well, at least the producers remembered that not just anybody is supposed to raise him :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

A.C said:
Well, at least the producers remembered that not just anybody is supposed to raise him :carcus:

Haha yeah, at least they did. BTW, just to make you feel good inside A.C, I want to state that I found the smoke monster pretty badass when it first arrived and passed through the village. It was like a giant worm and that was pretty cool. Hopefully they'll put even more effort in its appearance in the future, to compensate for its rather lame looks early on in the series.

Been over 24 hours, guess I don't need spoiler tags.

I found this episode interesting and enjoyed it. I especially like where they're going with Claire.

One thing I found odd though, Locke was born before Ben, so how could a clean, well-groomed and short haired Richard visit Locke twice on the mainland in '56 and '61, before reverting back to the more primitive "pirate-Richard" who Ben encountered in '70? Were the Others already sophisticated back then and were they just playing "primitives" when they battled it out with Dharma in the seventies?

Which side is Abaddon really on? He has seemingly been on Widmore's side, but he did sit on the white side of the chessboard when he visited Hurley. I think he could be on the Islands side, since he did favor the Science Team which all seem to be pretty decent people, and stating that there "were no survivors of Oceanic 815" is something the Island wants the world to think as well, since they belong to the Island now. His name is pretty shady though.

The Freighter people have been pretty tame overall, I expected them to have much more knowledge of the Island. Looks like Keamy is the one who is *really* Widmore's man, and the rest of them were in over their heads, even the Captain.

And what was Jack doing up? An operation like that should have him laying on his back for at least two days.

I thought it was odd that Ben would be so sure Widmore could never find the Island, since he had located it after the "purple sky" event, but I guess this "moving the island" business would explain it. My guess: Moving it through time.

Am I the only one still watching? Latest episode was great. Since there is no LOST this week how about we get some discussion going in here?

How the heck will the O6 get together in the end? When asked if there could possibly be any other survivors, Sayid answers “absolutely not”. Wha...? If there were even a remote chance that anyone on the island could possibly still be alive, Sayid would be giving out latitude, longitude, and leading the charge back to that place himself. Does this mean that the island is GONE by the end of the finale? Gone to the point of no possible way of going back there for anyone? Then I remembered that Sayid could buy into Ben's lie that he left the Island in Desmond's sailboat like the Island is still where it always was. Did Ben suggest he left it around the same time as the O6 left? Also, if Michael is in the coffin, doesn't that mean he gets off the island with the O6? Otherwise he can't be in the coffin?

Top Bottom