What are you drinking? (general liquid thread)

Went a week with having what Bundchen's having ... Zico's Coconut Water. They have 2 other flavors that I saw, Lemon, Pomegranate ... seem like wrong combo's to go with coconut water!

gisele-bundchen-zico-coconut-water.jpg

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Walter said:
I remember growing up, as a kid, one of my friends' moms never added sugar to the Kool-Aid. It's just fucking disgusting without sugar. When I made my OWN Kool-Aid, I always added about 2 cups worth. :ubik: :mozgus: :magni:

True about that, Kool Aid without sugar is like colored water which tastes like shit but i stopped drinking it today im going for a more healthier drink Orange juice. It has a better taste is you ask me :guts:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Truder said:
Atleast your parent let you have sugary drinks. It was water only here 24/7 :puck: I couldn't even look at a soda or else. :magni:

That's terrible! It's like they wanted you to be healthy or something! :magni:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
2 parts tequila, 3/4 part agave nectar, and 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice = homemade margaritas! :beast:

Walter said:
Sorry to hear that. It's still the only beer I enjoy.

Sounds like you gotta drink more beer, my friend. I don't mean different brands so much as just more of it. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Sounds like you gotta drink more beer, my friend. I don't mean different brands so much as just more of it. :guts:
I've had all sorts. I just don't really like beer. If I'm out drinking I'd prefer to have a cocktail or martini. :bond:

Griffith

Walter said:
I've had all sorts. I just don't really like beer. If I'm out drinking I'd prefer to have a cocktail or martini. :bond:

Yeah, I was the same way, and I'm not quite sure when the tipping point was. Probably when I was actively seeking out the most daringly heinous drinks possible did I start appreciating the good ones too, including quality beer. Though I've never been a beer snob, I can still enjoy a Natty Light as much as the finer brands or micro-brews.

BTW, have you guys heard of...

JURASSIC BEER: THE BEER 45 MILLION YEARS IN THE MAKING!

http://lib.calpoly.edu/learningcommons/science_cafe/jurassic/ said:
While searching in amber for bacterium to be screened for pharmaceutical properties, Dr. Cano discovered live yeast, which was ultimately used to brew beer.

:ganishka:

You can read more at their website, including which epoch the yeast comes from. :carcus:

http://www.fossilfuelsbrewingco.com/

My favorite thing though is the fake picture amber with yeast in it, cribbed right from Jurassic Park:

AMBER!!!.png

X

Xem

Quit drinking alcohol almost 7 months to the day (April 8 ), went through detox and the whole deal.

Starting to slow down on the sodas, my body has really craved sugar ever since I quit alcohol, but I'm starting to switch to lemonades, chocolate milk, and teas a bit more often. And water of course.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
Sorry to hear that. It's still the only beer I enjoy.

A lot of it is the reputation of it being such a hard beer to get. It tastes a lot like some of the local brew from my area, I'm just not a fan of that style of beer.

Griffith said:
2 parts tequila, 3/4 part agave nectar, and 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice = homemade margaritas! :beast:

I've got something better: 1 glass of (GOOD) whiskey.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
What am I drinking.... Right now?
palm.jpg

Palm Royale
A bit strong blond beer at 7.5% alcohol.
Its true the best beer comes from Belgium :badbone:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Starting to slow down on the sodas, my body has really craved sugar ever since I quit alcohol, but I'm starting to switch to lemonades, chocolate milk, and teas a bit more often. And water of course.

You should drink natural fruit juice. Doesn't get much better than that.

Dr.Legato said:
Its true the best beer comes from Belgium :badbone:

Damn right.

How does Johnny Walker compare to those, Griffith?

I'm not much of a hard liquor drinker (except for Sake) or beer for that matter. I want to have a beer than isn't Root beer and that doesn't taste anything like beer (haha!), maybe a Belgian variant would do the job? Any suggestions?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
IncantatioN said:

I'm not much of a hard liquor drinker (except for Sake) or beer for that matter. I want to have a beer than isn't Root beer and that doesn't taste anything like beer (haha!), maybe a Belgian variant would do the job? Any suggestions?

Blue Moon or Shocktop.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Griffith said:
I like some bourbon whiskeys, namely Maker's Mark and Wild Turkey.

I like those ^^
Ever tried Knob Creek? Smooth and strong bourbon, aged 7 years or so, tasty.

IncantatioN said:

Depends which Walker you're talking about, I like the JW Green Label, IMO the best they have that isn't far overpriced.
I've had Gold and Blue label too, but you could get better single malts for those prices...

And about the beer, well it depends on where you are from and what they are selling there.
I've tried over 50 types of beer in my day so I could tell you if somethings good or not... maybe :p

Griffith

IncantatioN said:

Dr. Legato answered your question far better than I can. I think I've had Johnny Walker, but not enough to take stock of it.

Dr.Legato said:
I like those ^^
Ever tried Knob Creek? Smooth and strong bourbon, aged 7 years or so, tasty.

I've seen it on the shelf, but never tried it. I'll look for it next time, so thanks for the recommendation.

BTW, has anyone here tried Meukow Cognac? I remember having some when I was younger and it was dangerously delicious.

Dr.Legato

Art of War Supporter
Hardly ever drink Cognac, but I have a bottle of this fine Chateau Montifaud.
I dont think they sell those at many places though...
http://www.chateau-montifaud.com/

I'm more of whisky drinker, although I recently got me a bottle of 7 year old Cuban Rum Havana Club
5129908219_ec57a1c850.jpg

Its dangerously good =p

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
IncantatioN said:
Tried Blue Moon but didn't like it. I'll look for Shocktop next!

Huh, well I'm not sure if you'll like Shocktop, but give it a try anyways.

Aazealh said:
Speaking of rum, a present a friend offered me:

Your friend is an amazing person.

I looked up that bottle and came across this review: http://www.refinedvices.com/clement-rhum-vieux-vsop

Despite being bottled in a heavy bottle the overall look is quite simple and elegant with its golden text and the sandblasted picture of Habitation Clément that turns orange, when the light goes through the bottle, as if hit by the evening sun of Martinique. A welcome change to the cork stoppers with a commonly found plastic cap is the cork of Clément Rhum Vieux that has a wooden cap which looks like it could be mahogany.

I'm probably going to go out now and hunt for this bottle my self!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
You're friend is an amazing person.

I looked up that bottle and came across this review: http://www.refinedvices.com/clement-rhum-vieux-vsop

What can I say, he just knows that I only drink the best. :slan:

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
You should drink natural fruit juice. Doesn't get much better than that.

Been switching out the soda's for Juicy Juice, usually (always) water it down to make the supply last longer. When I do drink soda I've been drinking ginger ale... not sure why but I feel like it's somehow better for me than 'regular sodas'.... when I was in the hospital back in April they basically had me subscribed to the stuff.

Top Bottom