What kind of role do you think the God Hand will play in the Age of Darkness?

1cyberninja1

I think that God Hand mainly Femto/Griffith will play an important role, because mankind's salvation or destruction is mostly in his hands.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
1cyberninja1 said:
I think that God Hand mainly Femto/Griffith will play an important role, because mankind's salvation or destruction is mostly in his hands.
Wow, that is a ballzy speculation there, buddy. I hope you can support this OUTLANDISH claim! :guts:

1cyberninja1

Walter said:
Wow, that is a ballzy speculation there, buddy. I hope you can support this OUTLANDISH claim! :guts:

Like The Idea Of Evil said: "I dwell deep in your(Femto/Griffith) heart. I am a part of you, you are a part of your kinds consciousness, a part of me. Your desire is my desire as well. Your actions themselves shall prove to be suitable for your kind as a whole. May they bring pain or salvation to mankind. Do as you will Chosen One."

How anyone interpretates that statement may vary from person to person, but one thing is for sure, its ridiculous to ridicule one's interpretation!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
1cyberninja1 said:
How anyone interpretates that statement may vary from person to person, but one thing is for sure, its ridiculous to ridicule one's interpretation!
I was just ridiculing how elementary your "speculation" was. You simply said the GH, specifically Femto, will play "an important role" in a thread about what kind of role they will play. I mean... could you maybe elaborate more?

1cyberninja1

Walter said:
I was just ridiculing how elementary your "speculation" was. You simply said the GH, specifically Femto, will play "an important role" in a thread about what kind of role they will play. I mean... could you maybe elaborate more?

First of all I didn't say "specifically" Femto, I said MAINLY Femto, and that doesn't mean other GH aren't included, that's all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: What kind of role do you think the God Hand will play in the Age of Darkness

1cyberninja1 said:
First of all I didn't say "specifically" Femto, I said MAINLY Femto, and that doesn't mean other GH aren't included, that's all.
Alright, cool. To sum up, The God Hand Femto will play an important role in the Age of Darkness. Got it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
In my personal opinion I think Void is going to have an important role in the age of darkness because he's the leader of sorts. :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: What kind of role do you think the God Hand will play in the Age of Darkness

Oburi said:
In my personal opinion I think Void is going to have an important role in the age of darkness because he's the leader of sorts. :carcus:
He's just the presumed leader, really. And we only think that because a) he's the one Skull Knight goes to strike during the eclipse, and b) he's the one that issues the brand. But those don't necessarily mean he's the leader. He's also the one that keeps the God Hand "on task" during the sacrificial ceremonies. :void:

Oburi

All praise Grail

Walter said:
He's just the presumed leader, really. And we only think that because a) he's the one Skull Knight goes to strike during the eclipse, and b) he's the one that issues the brand. But those don't necessarily mean he's the leader. He's also the one that keeps the God Hand "on task" during the sacrificial ceremonies. :void:

O walter I also was just making a sarcastic remark because of 1cyberninja1 's initial post on Griffith. But I guess the correction on Void being an assumed leader still works.

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Guys I think Griffith might be the king of Falconia! :isidro:

Anyway, I think the GH will be emissaries/advisors for Griffith, just not sure what they'll be advising for.

lol, how 1cyberninja1 tried to back up his post.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Guys I think Griffith might be the king of Falconia! :isidro:

Falconia will be a city, not a kingdom. A capital city, to be exact. In fact, I'd go as far as to venture that it'll be Wyndham's replacement, since it was destroyed. Daring, isn't it?

Guts' intestines said:
Anyway, I think the GH will be emissaries/advisors for Griffith, just not sure what they'll be advising for.

Hmm, I don't think so, actually. That'd be quite the step down for them. I see them taking either a more active or passive part in things, but mostly on their own and not as mere advisors.

Guts intestines

Aazealh said:
Falconia will be a city, not a kingdom. A capital city, to be exact. In fact, I'd go as far as to venture that it'll be Wyndham's replacement, since it was destroyed. Daring, isn't it?

The sarcasm of my message aside, I just figured King sounded better than mayor or lord, or would that make him a count? Either way I see him being more than just ruler of the capital city after all of this is said and done, I imagine he'll marry Charlotte almost immediately to consolidate his power. So don't you think his goal of owning his own kingdom will be met after he's done with Ganishka?

Aazealh said:
Hmm, I don't think so, actually. That'd be quite the step down for them. I see them taking either a more active or passive part in things, but mostly on their own and not as mere advisors.

I think it'll depend on how much Griffith wants their help, I just don't know what they could actively do for his kingdom that he doesn't have members of the Neo Hawks do for him, so counselling him is all I can really see him doing, unless of course he does indeed become king makes all of them counts and grants them counties of their own to rule. They would still be pretty independent, he would have to ask for their advice with out them having to give it obligatorily.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
The sarcasm of my message aside, I just figured King sounded better than mayor or lord, or would that make him a count?

Counts typically rule counties.

Guts' intestines said:
Either way I see him being more than just ruler of the capital city after all of this is said and done, I imagine he'll marry Charlotte almost immediately to consolidate his power. So don't you think his goal of owning his own kingdom will be met after he's done with Ganishka?

I think so, I was just correcting what you said. He'll be king of Midland, and Falconia will be his kingdom's capital city. :guts:

Guts' intestines said:
I think it'll depend on how much Griffith wants their help

I think you're missing the point of them probably not wanting to be lackeys. Not that I think he'd even ask for their help. I mean are you seriously putting them on the level of mere apostles? Makes me feel bad for them.

Guts' intestines said:
I just don't know what they could actively do for his kingdom that he doesn't have members of the Neo Hawks do for him, so counselling him is all I can really see him doing, unless of course he does indeed become king makes all of them counts and grants them counties of their own to rule. They would still be pretty independent, he would have to ask for their advice with out them having to give it obligatorily.

Hahaha, so you do think they'll become vassals of Griffith? But why? He doesn't have the status of leader among them, you know. And I don't think they would be interested in ruling an estate or taking part in the trivial matters of the human world in such a way... They're far above that sort of things. Not that it's even sure they could manifest themselves durably in a way that would make it possible. If they were to intervene I think it would be in different ways. Remember how Slan influenced the heretics or how Conrad seemed related to the plague. They each have their own way. The reason it all works together in the end is because there's a higher being above them that makes it so. :idea:

Guts intestines

Aazealh said:
Counts typically rule counties.

I think so, I was just correcting what you said. He'll be king of Midland, and Falconia will be his kingdom's capital city. :guts:

I think you're missing the point of them probably not wanting to be lackeys. Not that I think he'd even ask for their help. I mean are you seriously putting them on the level of mere apostles? Makes me feel bad for them.

Hahaha, so you do think they'll become vassals of Griffith? But why? He doesn't have the status of leader among them, you know. And I don't think they would be interested in ruling an estate or taking part in the trivial matters of the human world in such a way... They're far above that sort of things. Not that it's even sure they could manifest themselves durably in a way that would make it possible. If they were to intervene I think it would be in different ways. Remember how Slan influenced the heretics or how Conrad seemed related to the plague. They each have their own way. The reason it all works together in the end is because there's a higher being above them that makes it so. :idea:

Its not that, I picture it as they're still doing their own thing in the Nexus and every once in a while he asks them for advice, even by this standard that'd still make them advisors. The Count thing doesn't make them below him, but its his dream to be king, since there can be only one King, in order for them to actually have any physical piece of the pie they'd have to have the next best thing, but again he'd probably make Zodd and the others Counts or the like. I don't think they're his lackeys, but that does make me wonder if there really is a hierarchy within the God Hand, if there is I'd see it as Void and Femto at the top.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Its not that, I picture it as they're still doing their own thing in the Nexus and every once in a while he asks them for advice, even by this standard that'd still make them advisors.

Not really. Saying they're advisors implies it's their function as opposed to a service they'd do to a peer. If a king gives advice to another king, he doesn't become an advisor or an emissary.

Guts' intestines said:
The Count thing doesn't make them below him, but its his dream to be king, since there can be only one King

On the contrary, I think it would. As counts they would be his vassals, especially in the case where he'd give them their titles. And there could be several kings if there were several kingdoms. Nothing impossible to think of. This whole talk is just far-fetched, though, and I don't think any of it will happen.

Guts intestines

Well ok, but since this thread is for defining roles if all the other GH's did is for Griffith is give him advice what would you define there role as? The kind of roles that I said I think they'd play is that of advisors, and I even said not obligatorily.

All I meant for the Count stuff is just that the whole ruler of men thing is Griffith's dream, whether equal or not if someone like Slan (who's shown interest in having a material body again) got a material body and wanted to rule something, well if Griffith became the biggest ruler there is then she would have to ask for a piece, she'd be under him only in the sense that he's giving her a piece of what is his, but in terms of the Astral they'd still be equals.

But yeah it is unlikely, Locus, Zodd, Grunbeld, Irvine, etc. would all be the ones I see getting this sort of position and yeah they would be lackeys.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts' intestines said:
Well ok, but since this thread is for defining roles if all the other GH's did is for Griffith is give him advice what would you define there role as? The kind of roles that I said I think they'd play is that of advisors, and I even said not obligatorily.

Well I just disagreed with what you proposed. It's as simple as that. Like I said, I think they might each be doing their own thing, far from the political world and the like. But to be truthful, I believe it's pretty difficult to predict what they'll do with any accuracy. It's easier, however, to point out things that are unlikely to happen considering what we know of their nature and their characters.

Guts' intestines said:
All I meant for the Count stuff is just that the whole ruler of men thing is Griffith's dream, whether equal or not if someone like Slan (who's shown interest in having a material body again) got a material body and wanted to rule something, well if Griffith became the biggest ruler there is then she would have to ask for a piece, she'd be under him only in the sense that he's giving her a piece of what is his, but in terms of the Astral they'd still be equals.

He wants to be king. He's not the ruler of the whole world just yet. And in theory, if Slan wanted something, she could -still in theory- just take it. But I really don't think this kind of situation will arise at all, honestly.

Guts' intestines said:
But yeah it is unlikely, Locus, Zodd, Grunbeld, Irvine, etc. would all be the ones I see getting this sort of position and yeah they would be lackeys.

Even about them I'm not sure. Do you see Zodd, Irvine or Rakshas as counts? Doesn't really fit what we've seen of their personalities...

Anyway, I don't want to rain on your parade, so let's just say we'll see when it happens, right? :SK:

X

Xem

I was just reading the latest couple episodes and I thought about this thread. Now that we see apostles and humans working together it gives me a fresher perspective on this. Given the nature of the events we're seeing now, it seems more plausible now that the God Hand could reveal themselves in front of humans. While I have a hard time seeing them actually becoming a part of Griffith's empire, I think it's a bit more likely now they'll exist in the material world much more prominently than I originally thought.

And going back to my beherit theory (or lack thereof) for just a moment, is it me or does the one Puck currently tends to seem to be a lot more ... well, how do I say this... alive than it has in the past? It's entirely possible this is done for humorous reasons, but my crazy outlandish theory is maybe it'll eventually even be able to communicate with the group somehow. Either via Puck, Shierke, or somebody/something totally different once they reach Elfhelm. I know I'm stepping over quite a few assumptions with this theory, but I can't help it. I keep imagining the beherit-apostle in my head and how messed up his whole story was, but maybe it was a type of foreshadowing of something similar we might see in the future.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
is it me or does the one Puck currently tends to seem to be a lot more ... well, how do I say this... alive than it has in the past?

It's you. It's been like that from the very beginning. You can't miss it if you re-read the story while paying attention to the times it appears.

Impregnable_Beherit.jpg

X

Xem

Aazealh said:
It's you. It's been like that from the very beginning. You can't miss it if you re-read the story while paying attention to the times it appears.

Impregnable_Beherit.jpg

So you're right. I guess it just seemed like there's been more focus on it, but that's just perspective since I'd started paying more attention to it with the later volumes.

Anyway it's still interesting. I don't know why I can't get my mind off these fuckin' little stones with animated faces. They just seem more important to me than I guess they should. It all started with the beherit-apostle and the beherit Guts carries around. I guess I'd been projecting on Guts beherit since the worlds began to merge. And then there's Skull Knight's new fancy sword. It all just feels like a plot twist in the making. But without any real evidence it's rather hard to compile a solid theory about the little things. :puck:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
There's plenty of stuff mentioned in the story about the beherits. Check out volumes 13 and 24 for where they come from.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Anyway it's still interesting. I don't know why I can't get my mind off these fuckin' little stones with animated faces. They just seem more important to me than I guess they should.

Well they ARE important. They're direct agents of the Idea of Evil. But they're not really characters either, so their role is completely passive. It's background material.

X

Xem

Okay, I said I was going to hold off speculation until episode 306 comes out, but I consider this thread a loophole!

As some of the spoiler images show in the Episode 306 thread, it appears that each God Hand member is emerging into the material world. What's even more interesting is they seem to have shown up with their own unique environments. I would speculate that each God Hand has some type of control or affinity to the environment they are appearing in, and perhaps the environments they are arriving in are somewhat outside of the rest of the worlds influence in this transformation. Putting it a different way, the world is changing into what the collective conscious of mankind has envisioned in their fantasies, but the parts of the world where each God Hand member resides, is more influenced by their own individual presence'.

There's not much to base this on aside from the shoddily scanned spoiler images, but it's something to think about.

Top Bottom