What's your favorite video games?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
So they finally ran 2d fighters into the ground, and their next target is strategy games? Great.

spc_img.jpg

The cover really says it all: Rape! Pillage! Destroy!​

Lee

YOUR INTERNET(S) WHAT NOW??
Walter said:
Please tell me more about the new Mother.
Sorry, but there aren't any more details.
Mother 3 is still coming for GBA, although it was announced two years ago, and there are still no details.
How much time do you need to release a gba game, i mean it must be released some day (right guys?.......guys?...... :'( )

Yay, thank god for Nintendos new line up.

Mario: Tennis
Mario: Soccer
Mario: Party 7
The new Zelda
Mario: Pants shiting
Mario: Pokemon: Mario Edition
GTMario: Mushroom Kingdom (You can pay Peach for sex and then kill her to get your money back, .)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/mother/

Apparently there's a Mother 1-2 combo game for GBA as well, in Japan. I sincerely doubt we'll ever get it though...
crybaby.gif

Favorite games:
Vagrant Story
Castlevania series
Mario series
Zelda series
Final Fantasy 4,6,7,8
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear series
Dragon Warrior
Contra
Warcraft
Metroid series

.......and most likly many more that I cant think of right now..

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
My favorite game currently is Battle Raper 2:

http://www.illusion.jp/preview/br2/img/br2_0318.jpg

I think someone's been to somethingawful ;D

In anycase, I love going to the local computer store cause they have free posters of Hentai games that you can take and they have a GRAND selection of games. It makes me a happy camper!

Anyways, I like how the new Nintendo system will allow you to download any game in the entire Nintendo history... granted you can do that now... but at least this way you can do it legally and guilt free! :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I think someone's been to somethingawful ;D

Nope, though I was reminded by a friend that they did review the first Battle Raper afterwards.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Anyways, I like how the new Nintendo system will allow you to download any game in the entire Nintendo history... granted you can do that now... but at least this way you can do it legally and guilt free! :)

Yeah, I'm actually considering the possibility of buying it thanks to that feature... It will depend whether they implement it cleverly or not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nintendo finally caught on that people want to play OLDER games more than oh, say Mario Tennis or Mario Party 7. However, I read a review with Miyamoto on IGN the other day where he says Nintendo "have not set a price" for the downloadable games. Meaning, most likely, the games will not be 100% free.

IGNcube: Can you talk about Revolution's download service? What games will we be able to download?

Shigeru Miyamoto: We have not set a price or determined a list of software for the Nintendo Revolution download service. But, we're looking at this as a consumer service and not so much from the business end. What we want to do is provide the product that is going to make the Revolution the console that people want in their homes. So it actually might be driven from the consumer end rather than from us. You know, the games that they most want might be the ones that we do. From a technological point, we can do any of them. It's just, we haven't determined which ones we'll do yet.

And, as you can see, there will only be a limited selection. Then again, there's another full year before it comes out. This very possibly moot information, so early in the game.

try and get your hands on sexvilla if u think battle raper if funny...

i bought world of warcraft 8 days ago and have been totally hooked... it is my first mmorpg... the detail they put into the game is astounding... it also serves as a pretty good temporary replacemnt for d&d since my dm is awall...

i cant wait for the PS3 to drop. that will probably be the first new consloe that i buy. i cant wait ;D i might buy the XBOX 360 and/or the  Nintendo Revaloution when the price drops by at least $100. i usually wait a while for the other consoles.

i had a question ??? which of the new consoles are you going to buy? and why?

Walter said:
Nintendo finally caught on that people want to play OLDER games more than oh, say Mario Tennis or Mario Party 7.
like Maniac Mansion or the original Zelda.

talking about Zelda, i cant wait for the new Zelda. and honestly i cant really think of a bad Zelda except for part 2 8).

Psymont 2.0 said:

i bought world of warcraft 8 days ago and have been totally hooked... it is my first mmorpg... the detail they put into the game is astounding... it also serves as a pretty good temporary replacemnt for d&d since my dm is awall...
welcome to the world of MMORPG. WOW is one of the most addictive games i have ever seen. but i still have to say that FF11 is the single most addictive game i have ever played.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
trapped_soul said:
you serious?

Not really.

Psymont 2.0 said:

It's old already.

DarthVenom said:
i cant really think of a bad Zelda except for part 2 8).

I like Zelda 2, it's just different from the others, that doesn't make it a bad game.

DarthVenom said:
welcome to the world of MMORPG. WOW is one of the most addictive games i have ever seen.

WoW really isn't especially addictive for a MMORPG.

DarthVenom said:

The PS3 of course. Playstations always have the most Square games. I might buy the new Nintendo if it has that download stuff, but I will probably buy a GC first since it's cheaper ;D and has a bunch of games I want to get like Tales of Symphonia and hopefully the Fire Emblem that will come out for it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Wow is a good starting MMORPG... although it can be pretty addictive.. the leveling in the game is pretty smooth and consistent. Its just the end game that people are bitching about... also the balancing issues with the classes.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Its just the end game that people are bitching about... also the balancing issues with the classes.

So basically, the most important parts of a MMORPG. ::)

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Aazealh said:
Which is why as soon as I hit level sixty and played around at it for a few day's I cancelled my account without thinking twice.

Battlegrounds seems like it might give bored level 60's something to do, nothing to re-open an account over however. ;)

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
DarthVenom said:
I'm definately going for a PS3, mostly because I liked the first two PS's and their new system looks great (finally, no more multitap). I'll probably also get a revolution or a 360, but probably not both. I'm waiting to see what they do with the revolution before I say anything definate, however, since I was supremely unimpressed with the Gamecube or even the N64. I'm also waiting to see the pricing info though, 'cause I'm not paying $300+ for a system. At least not untill I get a job.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
yea... well the end game is like this... None or extreme hardcore holy fucking shit.

With the later being... There is the main "raiding" zone (40 man team) that is called Molten core. It has 3 or 4 sections that you have to complete in order to advance to the next section. The other part is that its all timed.

Each section roughly takes 4 or 5 hours because everything single enemy in there is resistant to aggro control so it takes a lot of practice and a lot of failed runs (possibly) to get your groove. As you can see, this is not a very "casual" player orientated area, and that was what most of the gamers are complaining about...

Another issue with wow that it attracts 2 types of people. MMORPG types and RTS types. These types do not get a long at all.

The "casual" end game usually consists of just zerging the same area for PvP points which is fun at the beginning but looses its luster after awhile.

So there its dilemma... that and they refuse to do GM led events and what not because they say "Its to much work and would be impossible". Which equals being lazy. :p

just my 2 cents.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
I'm definately going for a PS3, mostly because I liked the first two PS's and their new system looks great (finally, no more multitap).
Lines like this make me think I've just gotten too old for the gaming industry. The cycle of upgrading has been arbitrary and unredeeming for the past 2 generations of consoles; precisely as long as I've been capable of thinking for myself. I simply can't get excited about what is essentially a new loading screen animation.

The power of the gaming industry has never been fueled by the exponentially advancing hardware specs that console makers have been milking us with for the past decade. The real movers and shakers that we're addicted to: Miyamoto, Kojima, Sakaguchi, have been using the same, perpetually successful formula of gameplay for almost 2 decades now. Technology isn't a limitation for these guys, it's a marketing bazooka.

The thrill behind MGS3 isn't in its user of shaders, I assure you. The addictiveness of Pikmin, I can safely say, has nothing to do with the lighting capabilities of the GameCube. And I can guarantee you that regardless of whatever limited success the Xbox360 experiences in cross-platform networking, the majorty of gamers will return to the graphically-inferior Counter-Strike before their night is over.

Is it really in our best interest to upgrade our consoles every 5 years? As gamers, regardless of whatever arbitrary console family you define yourself as belonging to, we all want the same thing. And I'm here to tell you, what you feared was true: It's gone. Worse yet, it's irreplacable. At least, by an industry that grows fat on our manufactured complacency and inability to keep our gaming pants on the second a sleek new console crosses our path.

It seems irresponsible to complain about the void of the 'golden age' of gaming still having not been filled and subsequently launch into a PS3 vs Xbox360 argument. But we'll keep doing it anyway. Won't we? :-\

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Best game I've ever played is Planescape:Torment; a dark fantasy RPG set in the world of Planescape, which you could call the 'astral realm' of the DnD universe the Forgotten Realms. It has an amazing story, very charming characters, an excellent atmosphere and it has the best writing I have ever seen in a video game. 8)

The story is about a man covered with scars all over his body who suddenly wakes up inside a mortuary without any knowledge of who and where he is. Not even his name is known so throughout the game he is referred to as the "Nameless One". Of course you as the player will have to help him find out who he is and how he ended up in this weird place full of bizarre things like walls that can give birth and women with tails and wings. A talking floating skull (Morte) is with you in the mortuary as well who calls you 'chief' and informs you that some text has been tattooed on your back (yeah there is some striking resemblance with the movie Memento here, but PS:T came out first so it can't be a rip-off). Anyway, this will be your first clue to uncover your own past and thus the journey starts.

I really can't think of any other game which engrossed and intrigued me as much as this game. Sadly they don't make games like this anymore. :'(

Aazealh said:
WoW really isn't especially addictive for a MMORPG.

Pffft. I still am. I love my 60 character. It also helps that I've gotten into the game at a point where the end-game content is just starting to really open up to me. We've only cleared a little bit of Molten Core and BWL is coming soon, along with world events which will be awesome.

My .02 of course.

I also agree with Walter in that upgrading consoles just because it is a PS3 and has more polygons and shaders and butts and vee-ram and bigger boob supra AA Xtreme Volleyball rendering engine isn't worth it. I have better things to blow my money on, and I'm just not a hardware geek anymore like I used to be.

I don't need another console unless a really awesome game comes for it. Until then, I'm satisifed with WoW and MGS3, etc.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Hey there Cronus, BG just came out this last patch! So all hell is about to break loose... although WoW's version of "dynamic events" is pretty shitty... just scripted events with loot that isn't even worth it... They gave in example of their "dynamic" events with the Elemental Invasion which is kinda homo.

Anyways though, the game hasn't even been out a year yet so there is still plenty of time for improvement.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Mizar said:
Best game I've ever played is Planescape:Torment;
I really can't think of any other game which engrossed and intrigued me as much as this game. Sadly they don't make games like this anymore. :'(
PST is a fantastic game!

For more games in this vein I would check out the Baulders Gate and Icewind Dale games, but they aren't really up to par with PST.

Top Bottom