siaosan

Why don't they want to play with meeee... ToT
*shoot in a rock*
*OUCH !*
*Dammit ! >__<*

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
Damn it was such a nice thread too  :p

Anyway I've been a little behind on all the posts so don't go jumping all over me if I'm totally wrong or if this has been stated before. Miura seems to be into extremes... like the opposite ends of a spectrum.

Idea, which is sometimes referred to as "god" (kami-sama)  seems to be the root or "core" of all evil *bitin' on walter's style* is in the middle of hell, and born of the many kinds of indescribable human emotions. So where's Idea's oppposite?

I mean does everyone go to hell? (everyone has contact with evil of some form or another...) Now the other - what if griffith is being groomed to be the other end? He's always the Hawk of Light which doesn't sound too evil, and since Idea was "born" maybe we're all witnessing the brith of a new Idea.

*prepares for the backlash*

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
yes!!!YES!!!!YEEESSS!!
FINALLY SOMEONE....that's my theory from the beginnig.excellent conclusion. why couldn't i expose that simply? :p
anyway, I also believe (hope) there is also some good in that burnout dark world of breserk.it would really suck if only demons and evil existed. I think that god(the good one) will manifest in the end of the manga and grant gatsu salvation. such an optimistic guy, this white_hawk.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Damn it was such a nice thread too  :p

Anyway I've been a little behind on all the posts so don't go jumping all over me if I'm totally wrong or if this has been stated before. Miura seems to be into extremes... like the opposite ends of a spectrum.

Idea, which is sometimes referred to as "god" (kami-sama)  seems to be the root or "core" of all evil *bitin' on walter's style* is in the middle of hell, and born of the many kinds of indescribable human emotions. So where's Idea's oppposite?

I mean does everyone go to hell? (everyone has contact with evil of some form or another...) Now the other - what if griffith is being groomed to be the other end? He's always the Hawk of Light which doesn't sound too evil, and since Idea was "born" maybe we're all witnessing the brith of a new Idea.

*prepares for the backlash*
Have you ever seen Hellraiser?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
More or less. Roughly what I meant was that there is no Positive Afterlife. Or a judeo-Christian "Heaven".

icefall

I can see that, but there can't be only suffering... maybe the opposite of the existence in hell is what SK and GUts are experiencing right now.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
theres an opposite, but hatred and anger are far more prominent in humans, hence the unbalanced nature of the afterlife in Hellraiser/Berserk.

icefall

I can definitely see that... Just as long as Miura doesn't create an apostle that throws CD's at Guts I'll be happy ^_-

I'm definitely liking the direction of the newest chapters!

White_Hawk

Why wouldn't there be heaven? Dammit, you ppl have some really negative views on the afterlife...
and dear walter-boy...beacuse you're antichristic as well as nazistic doesn' t mean there is no...paradise...LOST!!! ;D

seriously...I don't believe there is a good and smiling buddy jesus as the opposite of god hand, i only think that there might be a really serious god that ain't really that good, just too complex to be understood. It does allow idea to exist, yet it may be waiting for further development...even tough...i do have some serious doubts about it as I think about miura concept of the berserk world...

About the whole "heaven/hell" debate...

"Hell", in Berserk, is an intelligent ocean of negative feelings.
If there are "negative feelings", there are "positive ones". It's just logical.
The only thing we don't know would be "do those positive feelings have an ego?". The negative ones gave birth to a consciousness (the Idea of Evil) and that's what makes the difference, in my humble opinion. A "passive" ocean of positive feelings wouldn't make any good...

Oh, and of course, don't forget the Elves. ^^

White_Hawk

who knows if pak can fix shoes... :D

and I still think a big mighty badass god will show up and kick everyone in the nads!!! ;D

CnC

Ad Oculos
2 cents:

While positive emotions do exist in the Berserk world (and the real world, for that matter), they're overwhelmed by the negative.  And it seems thats reflected by idea.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
2 cents:

While positive emotions do exist in the Berserk world (and the real world, for that matter), they're overwhelmed by the negative.  And it seems thats reflected by idea.
Or Miura is basing it off of reality. I mean, seriously, do you think that positive emotions overlap negative emotions inour world? I think Miura's world is a rather realistic view of things...In a highly cynical sense.

White_Hawk

If I may...
viewing the world from the perspective of negative and positive emotions, as Miura may have done in berserk, is fairly too simple. I often speak of this heaven thing as opposition to Idea, yet I do not mean "good" as elf good, smiling and cracking jokes, and then with a bit of compassion saving the innocent and the afflicted.
In my opinion "Good" has made it's appearance yet, since all we've seen so far is based on gatts' experience of the world, where nevertheless, miracles do not happen.
He is branded and lives constantly on the edge of reality, and thus we see the dark side, yet the ppl around him are the best proof of the surreal universe in which he moves. Every man confronted with apostles et similiar buggers flees in panic, freezes over or goes nuts. From the common folk to Farneze, a wannabe knight.
Therefor, I believe the opposite of idea, or the other force contrary to god hand, may still appear, not soothing gatts' doomed destiny with some act of forgiveness, but destroying all the things conencted to idea, him included (i hope not) Which leads again to another question, and that is of the true nature of such a "deity". If we relate to the biblical god, I'd take the liberty to say any relations to the bible refer to the old testament and parts of the revelation of John, where God is a very stern, vengeful entity.

anyway, it's morning here, and have a nice day, since I won't as I have to work overtime because the other guy didn't show up. May an apostle devour his kidney and throw it up at him.

White_Hawk

and forgive the immense grammatical and logical mistakes,
but my sentient part is still home sleeping

Top Bottom