Author Topic: Episode 309  (Read 47779 times)

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
Re: Episode 309
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2009, 04:49:23 AM »
I wonder if it's still a wound at this point or just a spiritual scar if I can call it that...

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2009, 05:24:44 AM »
I don't know why you guys bother posting explanations when it's clearly shown that Guts' astral wounds are still there in episode 305...

http://aazealh.net/Divers/Episode305_Guts-wound.jpg

Haha, I guess it would've been easier just to show the picture. :ganishka:

Offline deathbybears

« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »
plop-plop, fizz-fizz, oh, what a relief it is. It looks like an ad for spiritual alkaseltzer.

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2009, 04:41:49 AM »
Now that Skully's strike on Femto has failed and he witnessed what he's capable of (along with witnessing the birth of the new world), when do you think Skull Knight will speak with Guts again?

What do you think will be discussed? He no doubt has some great insight on Femto's abilities.

I predict that he will appear in Elfhelm, possibly after Casca regains herself.

It would also be interesting to see how Guts would react to hearing Skully attempted to kill Femto (if it's even brought up)... I'm sure Guts would be more interested to hear Griffith changed the nature of the world and is about to have his dream realized.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
Re: Re: Episode 309
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2009, 09:15:32 AM »
Now that Skully's strike on Femto has failed and he witnessed what he's capable of (along with witnessing the birth of the new world), when do you think Skull Knight will speak with Guts again?

Like most everyone else, sometime in Elfhelm. It would be funny though if he just showed up on the ship one night. :SK:

What do you think will be discussed? He no doubt has some great insight on Femto's abilities.
It wasn't so great last time. :griffnotevil:
BTW, after the fissure, we last see Skully sitting there while Femto and Zodd make their exit. Perhaps he perished? :troll:

I predict that he will appear in Elfhelm, possibly after Casca regains herself.

Or possibly before, assuming it even happens as we expect.

It would also be interesting to see how Guts would react to hearing Skully attempted to kill Femto (if it's even brought up)... I'm sure Guts would be more interested to hear Griffith changed the nature of the world and is about to have his dream realized.
On the contrary, I think Guts would be most interested in hearing anything having to do with killing Femto. :guts:

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »
any word on the next episode?

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2009, 08:09:48 PM »
any word on the next episode?
No. It'd be posted here if there was news. At this rate it's unlikely we'll see another episode before 2010.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »
Obviously when a date is announced I'll post about it.

At this rate it's unlikely we'll see another episode before 2010.

Not unlikely, it's sure we won't.

Offline Saephon

• Of the Interstice
  • Die young and save yourself
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2009, 04:12:31 AM »
Obviously when a date is announced I'll post about it.

Not unlikely, it's sure we won't.

At first, I found this to be rather disheartening. Then I remembered it's December 11th and 2010 is right around the corner...why does that seem so strange to me.  :???: Anyway, the man deserves his breaks. I'm sure when it starts up again we're in for some seriously great action from Guts.
Saephon:  Being tired of your disingenuous assertions since 2183.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2009, 10:11:21 AM »
Anyway, the man deserves his breaks.

I'm afraid you're making a mistake here. Because there is a break in the prepublication does not mean Miura is on vacation. He's no doubt working his ass off on something the result of which we will only see later on.

Offline SlimJ87D

• Of the Interstice
  • Apollo
« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2009, 07:11:06 AM »
I remember from an interview or question he was asked possibly by one of you guys about how long he works, and he said something about working for almost 10 hours a day! Unless if he has another job.
Memories are fragile things. After you reduce them to binary numbers and send them through the air, they're not memories anymore...
-Solid Snake-

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2009, 08:06:47 AM »
I remember from an interview or question he was asked possibly by one of you guys about how long he works, and he said something about working for almost 10 hours a day!

16 hours a day, actually.

Offline Tirade

• Of the Interstice
  • Hai Yai, Forces!
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2009, 12:21:12 AM »

My goodness.  I think that falls under the category of work-a-holic. 
In search of Berserk TCG Authentic Kentarou Miura Autograph cards.  If you can help me in my quest, rest assured you will be well compensated!

Offline Lecks

« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
Wow, that makes me wonder just how far ahead he's planned.

Offline Saephon

• Of the Interstice
  • Die young and save yourself
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2009, 11:22:45 PM »
Wow, that makes me wonder just how far ahead he's planned.

When the manga first started, I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't been 100% sure about every detail. But at this point (70% done or so?), I would bet good money that he's planned out everything that remains. Those 16 hours are no doubt spent making sure every page is as awesome as possible.
Saephon:  Being tired of your disingenuous assertions since 2183.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2009, 12:11:57 AM »
I would bet good money that he's planned out everything that remains.
I'll take that bet.

I myself donít know if the Idea of Evil will show up again in the manga or not.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2009, 10:59:42 AM »
Miura plans the overarching plot points and general storyline in advance, and maybe in that regard he's already got an idea of how it'll all end. However it's clear not everything is planned ahead when it comes to details, and that isn't just shown in the comment Walter quoted, but also in the fact Miura himself wouldn't bet on how much of the story remains to be written (well, that and he's commented on it in the past :iva:). You should know that the breaks in the prepublication used to be principally to plan the plot development (and it might still be the case for all we know).

Offline SlimJ87D

• Of the Interstice
  • Apollo
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2010, 12:26:35 AM »
Miura plans the overarching plot points and general storyline in advance, and maybe in that regard he's already got an idea of how it'll all end. However it's clear not everything is planned ahead when it comes to details, and that isn't just shown in the comment Walter quoted, but also in the fact Miura himself wouldn't bet on how much of the story remains to be written (well, that and he's commented on it in the past :iva:). You should know that the breaks in the prepublication used to be principally to plan the plot development (and it might still be the case for all we know).

Didn't someone ask him once if he was going to end it in a depressing way and he laughed and said he would like to finally give Guts and company their happy ending?
Memories are fragile things. After you reduce them to binary numbers and send them through the air, they're not memories anymore...
-Solid Snake-

Offline Riastrathe

« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2010, 01:34:49 AM »
Didn't someone ask him once if he was going to end it in a depressing way and he laughed and said he would like to finally give Guts and company their happy ending?

He just said that the ending wouldn't be pessimistic. But that was mentioned over 7 years ago? Or at least thats how long the search function goes back!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2010, 08:59:23 AM »
He just said that the ending wouldn't be pessimistic. But that was mentioned over 7 years ago? Or at least thats how long the search function goes back!

More like 15 years ago, actually.