New Berserk animation project confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-09-27/new-berserk-anime-project-launching said:
The wraparound jacket band on the 35th volume of Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga is announcing this month that a new anime project is launching. More information will be provided in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine and the affiliated Young Animal Web site.

71yf.jpg

This is fantastic news!! :guts:

Admin edit:

CM1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lihPs4BoDvo
CM2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4m9sDeor3o
CM3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWibBuWvZbA
CM4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqSkxKAKFM
CM5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7fn_SMH284

berserkanime-03.jpg

berserkanime-04.jpg

berserkanime-05.jpg

berserkanime-06.jpg

berserkanime-07.jpg

berserkanime-08.jpg

berserkanime-09.jpg

berserkanime-10.jpg

berserkanime-11.jpg

berserkanime-12.jpg

berserkanime-13.jpg

berserkanime-14.jpg

berserkanime-15.jpg

berserkanime-16.jpg

berserkanime-17.jpg

berserkanime-18.jpg

berserkanime-19.jpg

berserkanime-20.jpg

berserkanime-21.jpg

berserkanime-22.jpg

berserkanime-23.jpg

berserkanime-25.jpg

berserkanime-24.jpg

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
I'll believe it when I see it.

If this is not a joke, I'll be pretty excited, but it could have two major disappointments.

Miura takes time from his manga to help create a decent animation version of Berserk.

Or, Miura doesn't take time away from his manga and the anime then falls into the hands of those who might not dedicate their lives to the story.

For now I'll remain optimistically skeptical.

I, selfishly, don't want another Berserk anime series to be made. Unless it's done like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood where the story is true to the manga, and the animation is NOT bad or inconsistent between episodes. The advantage Brotherhood had was that the manga ended at around the same time, so it was perfectly timed. Like Claymore, if they decide on their own ending or interpretation of an ending to cap it to 25 or 50 episodes, it'll suckitysucksuck.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting the info. Not much to be said for now, except that I hope it'll be well done and worthy of the manga (unlike the first series). Wait & see.

Jesterhead said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

If this is not a joke, I'll be pretty excited, but it could have two major disappointments.

It's on the cover of volume 35. That's about as official as it gets.

Jesterhead said:
Miura takes time from his manga to help create a decent animation version of Berserk.

Maybe he has been already.

IncantatioN said:
I, selfishly, don't want another Berserk anime series to be made.

It's a bit late for that.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Hmmm...not sure what to think about this. I had assumed there wouldn't be a new anime or OVA until after the series had ended. Hopefully, they do a better job this time around.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Aazealh said:
It's on the cover of volume 35. That's about as official as it gets.

Yes, I agree, it is very official, I'm just afraid to get too excited over it! :troll:

Aazealh said:
Maybe he has been already.

Hmmm, that might mean we'll be seeing the animation sooner than later.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more Black Swordsman. Maybe some stories from Guts' time with just Puck (or even alone). Miura has already shown us that he is not afraid to expand on certain parts of the story with the DC game. An original storyline would keep us from comparing it to the manga, and being disappointed if it doesn't line up perfectly. There's almost 2 years of Guts' badassery we haven't seen yet!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jesterhead said:
Miura has already shown us that he is not afraid to expand on certain parts of the story with the DC game. An original storyline would keep us from comparing it to the manga, and being disappointed if it doesn't line up perfectly.

Hmm, I don't know about that. It'd be a lot of work and might not work out so well in the end. The DC game was a side-story that was supposed to fit in with the manga but that ultimately didn't, and keep in mind that at the time it was set ahead of the manga's storyline. I'm not sure Miura would be willing to revisit established parts of the story for the anime, and if it happened it would create confusion regarding what is canon or not.

Anyway, a series of four TV commercials have also been announced with Gackt as the salesman (well, he's doing the narration). The "Berserk Official Corner" is getting a revamp as well (should happen in about 9 hours), and it looks like they've opened an official Twitter account for the series. The TV commercials will be available on the website along with a special one made only for the web.

It's about time!

Unfortunately, I've come to value the manga so much more than any other medium that Berserk has appeared in. While it's nice to see it finally getting the anime treatment again, I'm taking a wait and see stance here. I hope it turns out really good, and above all else, faithful to the manga.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad to see discussion around the much-fabled NEW BERSERK ANIMATION finally has some kind of grounding, instead of the endless rumors we've heard about such a project over the past 10 years.

All that being said, it's honestly hard to get excited about this after the inconsistencies laden in the 1997 anime.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Eluvei said:
I'm pretty excited! I just hope they get Susumu Hirasawa for the soundtrack. I mean, they have to.
Ditto on both counts! :guts: I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up too high, but at the very least I think we can expect Hirasawa to be involved in the soundtrack.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Aazealh said:
...and it looks like they've opened an official Twitter account for the series. The TV commercials will be available on the website along with a special one made only for the web.

This is damn good reason for me to start using Twitter! :ganishka:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Oh god... I didn't believe the title, I thought it was just an old thread revived by some inconsiderate member... but it's not! I don't care what you guys say, I'm optimistically ready to be crushed by what they give us! :griffnotevil:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jesterhead said:
I'm not super familiar with Twitter but, I'd assume they would post character art/pics etc, etc?

Or does Twitter only do text based Tweets and stuff?
It's all text updates. At the most, you'll get a link to a pic hosted elsewhere, but if it's like any other production company twitter account, most updates will be along the lines of: "Production going smoothly! We had a good day today!"

It's an avenue of information we wouldn't have otherwise, but I'm just trying to say don't get your hopes up for a big scoop every day or anything

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
Walter said:
It's all text updates. At the most, you'll get a link to a pic hosted elsewhere, but if it's like any other production company twitter account, most updates will be along the lines of: "Production going smoothly! We had a good day today!"

Hey, thanks.

While I wasn't expecting monster stories every other day, I was expecting a bit more than "Things are going well!"

If thats the case I'll just stick to SK.net for news on the animation :SK:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
This is very exciting news! However, I'm afraid the show might not air in my kingdom...You know, things have been pretty rough since king Griffith took the throne. He gets himself all hot and flustered just thinking about Guts as the main character.

turkitage

ターク
Walter said:
All that being said, it's honestly hard to get excited about this after the inconsistencies laden in the 1997 anime.

Feel the same way. I wish I was excited but now I gotta try not to think about this everyday for the next few years or it'll just be annoying.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jesterhead said:
While I wasn't expecting monster stories every other day, I was expecting a bit more than "Things are going well!"

If thats the case I'll just stick to SK.net for news on the animation :SK:
We'll, I'm hoping they'll use the Twitter account for more than just the anime. Like for example other information about the series, like episode releases, and *gasp* updates from Miura :daiba:

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Holy fat fuck this is great news. I am so pumped it's ridiculous. Honestly, I never thought this day would come. I want to see animated berserker armor. Animated Puck. Animated Schierke. Gaaaah I am excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom