Berserk Saga Project News

Great news about the release of the trilogy in all these countries but unfortunately I won't be able to live the theatrical experience cuz I live in a freaking Arab country :sad:

English official Berserk page by Viz went live

https://www.facebook.com/BerserkFilm

And some official movie art for Berserk

319857_429957850354237_410706485612707_1960818_1706740648_n.jpg

537766_429957903687565_410706485612707_1960820_821533458_n.jpg

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Glad to hear that its being released for a nice chunk of the world to experience. I'm happy for Australian fans because they always get the shaft in things like this.

Dragonfly said:
Great news about the release of the trilogy in all these countries but unfortunately I won't be able to live the theatrical experience cuz I live in a freaking Arab country :sad:
I dont think they actually stated for Theatrical releases in those countries. I would hope so though.

Lol if they also made a theatrical release on those 16 countries it would make so much money you wouldn't even have to worry about the CG anymore. But they're not going to

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
Lol if they also made a theatrical release on those 16 countries it would make so much money you wouldn't even have to worry about the CG anymore.

Remember how much it made in Japan, the country in which it's best known by far?

JezzaX said:
Yet again with the foreshadowing. SK on the first film poster?

That's not even foreshadowing anymore at this point; it's downright misleading. The second poster makes it look like SK is the big villain, looming over the characters. It's a bit ridiculous.

Yeah that's bothering me too, I was under the impression SK was not in the first movie. Also, the color of Guts' cloak is different on both posters. And Zodd attacking those soldiers like that, horsemen too ...?

Aazealh said:
Remember how much it made in Japan, the country in which it's best known by far?

That's not even foreshadowing anymore at this point; it's downright misleading. The second poster makes it look like SK is the big villain, looming over the characters. It's a bit ridiculous.

Yeah but a little from every country would still make quite a decent amount.

Aazealh said:

Agreed, not to mention the odd placement of the beherit. This seems like one of those cheap knock off posters from the kind of people who do those random packages for Batman figures with a completely senseless story about the character written on the back.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
It costs thousands of dollars to release a film in theaters. People more well versed in the pros/cons of this have almost certainly already done a cost analysis. And I'd say the odds aren't high that we'll get a major release, given its performance in Japan. We'll see.

Walter said:
It costs thousands of dollars to release a film in theaters. People more well versed in the pros/cons of this have almost certainly already done a cost analysis. And I'd say the odds aren't high that we'll get a major release, given its performance in Japan. We'll see.

I'm not saying we're getting it either, just that It could improve the budget for the rest of the project.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
I'm not saying we're getting it either, just that It could improve the budget for the rest of the project.
And I'm saying that if they did invest in a theater wide release, and they didn't break even, it could also damage the project.

As much as I would love to see a proper theatre release for Berserk, it would be realistic to assume it's not going to happen, especially after the performance in Japan. A limited release on some niche theatres? maybe, but I wouldn't expect a budget to be used for national releases.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:

Unless it doesn't make up for the localisation and exploitation costs in each country. I'm pretty sure Warner Bros has thought it through.

H

hellrasinbrasin

At this point all that matters is that the films are being released here in the US starting in the Fall.

Man those posters really suck! Why would Skull Knight be in there? and why would the Behelit be surrounded by thorn vine? It looks like as if Griffith is summoning it :iva:
I prefer the Japanese poster/cover more even though it has some misinterpretations too.
On a side note. The BD & DVD of the first movie are coming out NEXT MONTH!! Who's excited?!?

I couldn't see this mentioned on these forums, but I apologise if it's been discussed already. Kaze has stated they will be dealing with distribution in the UK:
http://www.animeuknews.net/news/2865/kaze-acquire-berserk-film-trilogy-for-uk

They have also stated they would like to do a theatrical release:
http://www.animeuknews.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15706

For those of us in the UK, this is fantastic news.

Some news for russians,got this in email from reanimedia

Кинопремьера фильма «Берсерк» состоится 26 апреля в кинотеатре «35мм» в Москве (субтитры).

Также фильм будет показан 29 апреля в Воронеже (к/т «Спартак») в рамках кинопрограммы Всероссийского фестиваля японской анимации.

So basically in April 26(!? already) there will be premiere in cinema,in moscow with subtitles,then in 29,it will be shown on some con,also there were more dates and locations in russia.They really are stepping up their game.

Lukis said:
So basically in April 26(!? already) there will be premiere in cinema,in moscow with subtitles,then in 29,it will be shown on some con,also there were more dates and locations in russia.They really are stepping up their game.

Wow, that's a pretty quick turn around time, before the Japanese Blu Ray release! :isidro:

Lukis said:
Some news i got email for russians
from reanimedia:

WOW! that's truly awesome!!! Quick for sure! I'm jealous! CMON USA, step it up!!!!!!

Top Bottom