Berserk Saga Project News

Julalien said:
Yeah. That cover is just gorgeous. I feel terrible for the animators working on this project having to adapt Miura's art. No way it was going to be done properly. Despite that, I still feel like the primary character designs aren't as bad as what we could have gotten.

The first press release is currently still available off of CD Japan. Not sure if that's true if you're ordering through Amazon.jp but I would imagine that your chances are good that you'll still get Miura's cover even if you end up pre-ordering it sometime in May.

Being slightly obsessive when it comes to this series (the love of my life) I've got a copy pre-ordered off of both CD Japan and Amazon. :void:

Still in May? I have hopes lol

SuperVegetto said:
Still in May? I have hopes lol

I'm just basing this off of previous purchases I've made from CD Japan and Amazon. I have no way of knowing what sort of print run this release is getting.

Also, I'm sure all the films will get a nice box-set treatment down the line (which will have its own limited edition as well) so you've got nothing to worry about if you can't pick it up immediately.

Julalien said:
I'm just basing this off of previous purchases I've made from CD Japan and Amazon. I have no way of knowing what sort of print run this release is getting.

Well If I get this first print BD, I either order it in April or never ( because it will be gone later of course, and If I can't get it in April, I likely won't be able to get it in May either)

Walter said:
Okay, that's pretty fucking awesome. It makes a mockery of the actual movie cover.

Seconded. I did pre-order it blindly just by the fact that Miura was doing the jacket for it. This reminds me of the poster in the YA issue, remarkably superior art in every single facet.

Pre-order or not, I think it's still going to be available on Yahoo Japan Auctions if you didn't pre-order it.

EDIT: Thanks for the info, Julalien!

Well Amazon.co.jp has this listed in the product description:

★ Limited inclusion benefits drawn by Kentaro Miura jacket ◆ Specifications only minutes ◆ first production

So I'm guessing pre-ordering from them will net you that wicked sleeve as well.

IncantatioN said:
Seconded. I did pre-order it blindly just by the fact that Miura was doing the jacket for it. This reminds me of the poster in the YA issue, remarkably superior art in every single facet.

Well what did you expect? Miura is no ordinary artist

IncantatioN said:
Thanks for the info, Julalien!

No problem! :guts: I'm just happy to see new art from Miura. Between this new cover and the recent Young Animal poster It's been really cool seeing Golden Age Guts and Griffith drawn in his current art style.

Julalien said:
No problem! :guts: I'm just happy to see new art from Miura. Between this new cover and the recent Young Animal poster It's been really cool seeing Golden Age Guts and Griffith drawn in his current art style.

He drew Griffith!? Where?

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
SuperVegetto said:
He drew Griffith!? Where?
griffithcover.jpg

As always expected of Miura, brilliant artwork, I'm glad I pre ordered. It's interesting to see the film title "The Golden Age Arc I The High King's Egg" in English at the top of the cover, it's been in Japanese up until now hasn't it?

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
JezzaX said:
As always expected of Miura, brilliant artwork, I'm glad I pre ordered. It's interesting to see the film title "The Golden Age Arc I The High King's Egg" in English at the top of the cover, it's been in Japanese up until now hasn't it?

HUmm that makes me wonder if they're will be english sub-titles after all... dman i should have pre-ordered it when i had the chance aka the money.

Wow, that art makes me even happier that I pre-ordered! Thank you very much for sharing that.

I highly doubt there will be subtitles in the Japanese release of the Blu-ray/DVDs--not to mention they didn't list them in the features. Japanese often use English, especially with anime/video games.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
RyoGTO said:
Wow, that art makes me even happier that I pre-ordered! Thank you very much for sharing that.

I highly doubt there will be subtitles in the Japanese release of the Blu-ray/DVDs--not to mention they didn't list them in the features. Japanese often use English, especially with anime/video games.

Sweet. I did not know that. Well I regret it a little bit less then.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Julalien said:
Here's an article posted on Comic Natalie which shows Miura's special cover for the BD release as well as some information about the other extras included.

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/67226
In all the hubbub over the Blu-Ray cover being shown, we never really discussed the extras mentioned in that article. They include:

-"Original CD" by Sagisu Shiro, which I presume to mean the movie's soundtrack. Unsure if it's the full thing, or a sampling.
-Potential extras include cast interviews and a promotional feature for Movie 2.

Also somewhat worth mentioning, Dragon's Dogma, Capcom's third-person RPG which has Berserk tie-ins, comes out the next day. Along with the Movie 2 promotions likely increasing around that same time, that's a lot of word-of-mouth Berserk will be getting in May.

Walter said:
In all the hubbub over the Blu-Ray cover being shown, we never really discussed the extras mentioned in that article. They include:

-"Original CD" by Sagisu Shiro, which I presume to mean the movie's soundtrack. Unsure if it's the full thing, or a sampling.
-Potential extras include cast interviews and a promotional feature for Movie 2.

Also somewhat worth mentioning, Dragon's Dogma, Capcom's third-person RPG which has Berserk tie-ins, comes out the next day. Along with the Movie 2 promotions likely increasing around that same time, that's a lot of word-of-mouth Berserk will be getting in May.

I think the Original CD by Sagisu Shiro are bonus tracks made by him

I wonder how the box for the DVD looks like

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
I think the Original CD by Sagisu Shiro are bonus tracks made by him
The movie distributor's website (http://www.vap.co.jp/berserk/) refers to the CD as "premium highlights" from the original soundtrack. So it sounds more like a few select tracks.

【初回生産限定封入特典】
鷺巣詩郎氏作曲オリジナルCD〝「ベルセルク 黄金時代篇Ⅰ 覇王の卵」プレミアム・ハイライトCD"

Miura Sensei is really spoiling us with these amazing artworks from the Golden Age Arc :serpico:

The cover looks amazing as expected. glad I got my copy pre-ordered :guts:
I don't know about you guys but I feel like it is still incomplete though. I'm not talking about the artwork but the cover (sleeve). I think there will be the Berserk logo and such. I would prefer they minimize it to just the logo. What do you guys think?

Top Bottom