Podcast Q&A

I just got around to listening again, and I'm embarrassed that I asked such heavy questions given the generally lighthearted tone of the podcast. I appreciate the answers. Best not to contemplate it.

Have you ever bought a game that you ended up not playing? What's the longest you've owned a game without playing it? And how many games in your collection do you leave unfinished?

Interested in what Walter has to say, considering his sudden huge backlog of games.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BerserkMJM said:
Interested in what Walter has to say, considering his sudden huge backlog of games.
Oh, it's not sudden. I've been living with my "condition" for years. :void: Calling it a backlog is also a misnomer, since it presupposes that I ever have any intention of playing some of these games. I don't. I just can't resist NOT owning them if they're going for such crazy prices.

The only way I rationalize it is that I actually don't spend much money on them. Over Christmas I spent $47. On Thanksgiving it was under $60. And that's about 20-25 games. Pretty decent.

Speaking of which, I recently hit 500 games in my Steam catalog.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Oh, it's not sudden. I've been living with my "condition" for years. :void:

Speaking of which, I recently hit 500 games in my Steam catalog.

Seriously, this reminded me of those gambling addiction radio spots, "Have a problem with gaming? Call 1-800-GAMER and get help." :guts:

I'd say I have the same problem though. Maybe not on that level. I finally got a PS3 through the holiday bundle, and I already have 11 games for it. I have no idea when I'll get to them and I have two more on order. I also picked up Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 for the PC for $12 total. I don't even have a PC capable of playing them at the moment.

:farnese:

I'm pretty sure this is the appropriate thread, but I just wanted to throw out an idea for a future podcast. Anyway, I posted occasionally years ago at BSOM and remember Walter and Griffith (I think you're the same one from then, right?), and that got me thinking about something. A lot of manga/series have had influential websites and communities, and they largely fall to the wayside. I was trying to look up some of the older sites on archive.org, but the problem is that if you don't remember the url, and it isn't on Anipike classic, there's really no way to find them again.

So, it would be interesting to hear about your first experience with the series and how you found it online. What were some of the best sites that deserve to be remembered, aside from BSOM (if any)? Did Berserk have a Usenet presence i.e. an alt.fan.berserk or something like that? Who contributed through the years that deserves to remembered (Olivier Hague, for example)? When you look at the other series that have had online communities come and go, it really is remarkable that SK.net has lasted so long, and I think it would be kind of interesting to have a podcast that can serve as a sort of time capsule of the history of Berserk online.

Also, apologies to Aazealh if you were at BSOM, I don't remember you but I was in high school then so my memory is very fuzzy.

EDIT: I completely forgot, I was looking up old sites, and saw the old Walter's Sanctuary of Berserk layout. Good times.

EDIT: Okay, last edit and I'm done. One more question: Who were the worst translaters/scanlaters? Acclimate or The Band of the Hawk?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TelegramSam said:
Also, apologies to Aazealh if you were at BSOM, I don't remember you but I was in high school then so my memory is very fuzzy.

Don't feel bad, I wasn't registered on BSOM. I joined SK.net in 2002.

Yeah, instead When and how do you think he will remove his helmet? Will it be in a fight like hes helmet will fall off after being hit or he will remove it himself (while talking for example)? Will it be comical (probably not) or serious situation?

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Did Berserk create the term God Hand? I see it a lot in Japanise media i suppose this does'nt have to answered in the podcast but i didn't want to start a new thread.

I'd like to hear your take on a new Berserk game. What would you like to see? Open world, linear? Would you like a game that is non canon or follow volumes up to a certain point. How about coop etc. :???:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
asic said:
I'd like to hear your take on a new Berserk game. What would you like to see? Open world, linear? Would you like a game that is non canon or follow volumes up to a certain point. How about coop etc. :???:
I'll answer in more detail next time, but I think it'd be neat to have a Berserk game where you didn't play as Guts, and didn't follow events explicitly outlined in the manga. I think the new world really opens the possibilities for that.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Is there any part of Miura's art (either drawing or writing) that you don't think was all that great or could've been done better? If so, what was it?

Sammoniac

You taffers!
Who do you think is the happiest character in the Berserk world right now? Who do you think is the saddest? Also, which character do you ressemble the most (inside)?

Grail

Feel the funk blast
So I'm not sure if this has already been touched on in the podcast yet, but someone brought up the legend of "Crocodile Aaz" in the chat today. Aaz, can you humor us with the story behind the photo? Was the croc drugged, or did you wrestle it into submission, first? :carcus:

Yep, I'd be one of them ^_^. Were under the impression it was an alligator at first ... but yeah, that picture no longer exists!?

EDIT:

How old is Isidoro at this stage of the story?

Isidoro at this current age versus Guts at the same age - in versus mode - who do you think will honestly win? Guts is a natural but Isidoro's been facing inhuman adversaries or is exposed to a different kind of battle level altogether, so maybe he has a good shot at besting a same-aged Guts?

Grail said:
So I'm not sure if this has already been touched on in the podcast yet, but someone brought up the legend of "Crocodile Aaz" in the chat today. Aaz, can you humor us with the story behind the photo? Was the croc drugged, or did you wrestle it into submission, first? :carcus:

Great question! The People deserve the truth! :serpico:

I'd also like to add a question (even though Grail technically covered it): Which state did that take place in? The safe bet would be Florida or Louisiana. But I'm going to guess Virginia. For some reason I'm getting a Virginia vibe.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Skeleton said:
I'd also like to add a question (even though Grail technically covered it): Which state did that take place in? The safe bet would be Florida or Louisiana. But I'm going to guess Virginia. For some reason I'm getting a Virginia vibe.
I could be wrong, but I think it must've been somewhere in Europe.

For those who missed seeing the original image, I've painstakingly recreated the footage from memory.

CrocodileAaz.png

Aaz is the one in the hat.

Grail said:
I could be wrong, but I think it was somewhere in Europe.

Ah, you're probably right. For some reason I thought it happened while he was vacationing in the states. I might have just assumed it happened here since alligators are so heavily associated with this part of the world though. I really need to work on my stalking skills. :ganishka:

Grail said:
CrocodileAaz.png

Aaz is the one in the hat.

Fantastic! :ganishka:

I've heard that the original story in the Dreamcast Berserk game is good, but what about the PS2 one? Isn't there a side story with a new apostle? Was that also written by Miura?

Are you guys still doing questions... :???:

I enjoy the casts when I'm driving to work. Have you done one on Serpico yet?

Wait that's not my question! :magni:

With these breaks making me think of the series longevity... is there an age you think you'll reach when you feel too old for Berserk? 40? 50? I guess the series might go on for another 10-15 years or so. That would make anyone here that's 30 40 by then. How old is too old to regularly follow Berserk?

Kalie Ma said:
Are you guys still doing questions... :???:

I enjoy the casts when I'm driving to work. Have you done one on Serpico yet?

They did one on Azan/Serpico/Farnese but not one on him alone. I really liked this one myself.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=13799.0

Incase the link doesnt work its podcast number 29

Top Bottom