Author Topic: Bloodborne  (Read 30459 times)

Offline VladimirPutin

Re: Bloodborne
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2018, 10:52:18 PM »
To be honest, Hunter Axe is pretty decent especially if you want to fight against the other players. I would also recommend Beast Claw, because with proper gems and runes it's really awesome weapon and also very unpredictable for the other players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NLYlQYvT0

Here you have F R C dungeon with 27,2 physical ATK up blood gems. You need to farm a little bit to get them, but definitely worth it. Farming blood gems is really addictive part of game. Everyone wants the rarest ones, but sometimes you get rare with negative effect, then you proceed to farm more.

For your normal character I would also recommend you getting Uncanny Saw Cleaver which has one triangular slot for blood gems instead of waning one like normal version of this weapon. 27,2% physical ATK up waning blood gem is really rare, possible, but so rare that it's better to get Uncanny Saw Cleaver and then you can put three 27,2% physical ATK up blood gems.

About my BL4 run - I've killed Failures and now I'm fighting with Maria. Such an entertaining fight and at least there's no long path before her like it was for Failures. I hate long roads before boss areas  :badbone:

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2018, 04:10:12 PM »
To be honest, Hunter Axe is pretty decent especially if you want to fight against the other players. I would also recommend Beast Claw, because with proper gems and runes it's really awesome weapon and also very unpredictable for the other players.

Yeah, the Hunter Axe always seemed pretty cool and the Beast Claws just seem so unique, especially the idea of fully transforming into a beast!

I'm not so concerned about the other players part because I haven't had to deal with any since NG1 during the segments with bell ringing women, and even then it was few and far between during the Nightmare of Mensis. Bloodborne doesn't kill multiplayer outright like Sekiro apparently will, but it really de-emphasizes and sort of abandons it compared to Souls. One of the few ways Dark Souls 3 is superior, really (and a linchpin in its case for best Souls-like game). It's funny for me to say that because I'm not into multiplayer at all, but Souls multiplayer is basically multiplayer tailored for the anti-social and I've learned to really enjoy it, especially in DS3. :ganishka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NLYlQYvT0

Here you have F R C dungeon with 27,2 physical ATK up blood gems. You need to farm a little bit to get them, but definitely worth it. Farming blood gems is really addictive part of game. Everyone wants the rarest ones, but sometimes you get rare with negative effect, then you proceed to farm more.

For your normal character I would also recommend you getting Uncanny Saw Cleaver which has one triangular slot for blood gems instead of waning one like normal version of this weapon. 27,2% physical ATK up waning blood gem is really rare, possible, but so rare that it's better to get Uncanny Saw Cleaver and then you can put three 27,2% physical ATK up blood gems.

Oh, I bet it's addictive, which is why I've stayed away and used only what I find without farming or specifically looking (I've got a bunch of Physical and Arcane gems at or around 20% and that's good enough for me). The Chalice Dungeons are already a little too close to Diablo for comfort, especially grinding them when I'm close enough to level.

About my BL4 run - I've killed Failures and now I'm fighting with Maria. Such an entertaining fight and at least there's no long path before her like it was for Failures. I hate long roads before boss areas  :badbone:

It's too bad viscerals aren't worth as much without the points in skill, otherwise that could be the whole fight, but I'm guessing it's still worth parrying her for the charge attack or regular punishment while she's down. Have you ever used the Cane against her in its normal form? I was able to really stay on her much more effectively than with the swords (before that I didn't realize it was faster), and I had high strength and skill at the time so I think I could even stagger her big windups with it. Made the fight much easier.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 07:03:39 PM by Griffith »

Offline VladimirPutin

« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2018, 01:06:50 AM »
It's too bad viscerals aren't worth as much without the points in skill, otherwise that could be the whole fight, but I'm guessing it's still worth parrying her for the charge attack or regular punishment while she's down. Have you ever used the Cane against her in its normal form? I was able to really stay on her much more effectively than with the swords (before that I didn't realize it was faster), and I had high strength and skill at the time so I think I could even stagger her big windups with it. Made the fight much easier.

I've used Cane on my normal character, but here I'm using only Saw Cleaver. I triggered her third phase few hours ago and died. I'm literally playing without blood vials now, because I feel that I can beat her without using blood vials. And why? Because when I'm following her and dodging her fast attacks, the only attack that can hit me and pretty much hits me every time in my 60 attempts ( I already fought her so many times ) is her power attack when she waits a little bit and hit with two weapons at once. This attack always kill me because of close distance so there's no point in healing myself.

Offline Cyrus Jong

« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2018, 04:07:05 AM »
I think it's just as well that the multiplayer in Bloodborne is rubbish. The blood gems force you to grind in the Chalice dungeons just to stay competitive.  That, and because I ain't spending money just to do something that I can easily get for free on PC.

The Beast Claw seems like it could be a cool weapon to use, especially in conjunction with the Beast Rune. Unfortunately, you won't catch me dead wielding it because that constant hissing sound it emits is absolutely infuriating.

Anything else I should consider? I've heard good things and enjoyed playing around with the Burial Blades, Church Pick, Chikage/Rakuyo, basically all blood weapons, etc. Of course, there's also guns to consider, which is why I'm still holding onto my rocks, so to speak. Of course, I'll be able to grab a bunch more soon in NG+3.
You heard correctly, they're all fantastic weapons for Skill-based builds (well, Skill+Blood for the Chikage). Burial Blade has great range, the best rally in the game, and it's a fricken scythe, and the Rakuyo has a ridiculously flexible moveset that makes it useful in every situation. As for guns, Evelyn is pretty much all you need if you've pumped up your Bloodtinge, but the Cannon can be wicked fun if you like to see huge numbers, and the Piercing Rifle has its uses when you're facing large groups.

Online Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2018, 05:43:01 AM »
the only attack that can hit me and pretty much hits me every time in my 60 attempts ( I already fought her so many times ) is her power attack when she waits a little bit and hit with two weapons at once. This attack always kill me because of close distance so there's no point in healing myself.

Damn, that one always got me too, before I started staggering her with the Cane (which I couldn't seem to replicate on NG+, so maybe I imagined it), but I didn't realizae it was that unavoidable because it was never that crucial since I could just back off and heal. BL4!

I think it's just as well that the multiplayer in Bloodborne is rubbish. The blood gems force you to grind in the Chalice dungeons just to stay competitive.  That, and because I ain't spending money just to do something that I can easily get for free on PC.

Yeah, it's an interesting evolution going on from the Souls to Bloodborne to Sekiro; less RPG elements, less online, seemingly more emphasis on skill, though not necessarily "sport" if there's no PvP. You're only opponent is Miyazaki now. =)

The Beast Claw seems like it could be a cool weapon to use, especially in conjunction with the Beast Rune. Unfortunately, you won't catch me dead wielding it because that constant hissing sound it emits is absolutely infuriating.

Oh fuck, I forgot about that! I honestly may reconsider leveling it now, because I'm not going to listen to that shit either.

You heard correctly, they're all fantastic weapons for Skill-based builds (well, Skill+Blood for the Chikage). Burial Blade has great range, the best rally in the game, and it's a fricken scythe, and the Rakuyo has a ridiculously flexible moveset that makes it useful in every situation. As for guns, Evelyn is pretty much all you need if you've pumped up your Bloodtinge, but the Cannon can be wicked fun if you like to see huge numbers, and the Piercing Rifle has its uses when you're facing large groups.

I'm starting to slow down a bit so I'm going to need to decide soon because I don't think I'm even going to bother grabbing chunks on this NG3 run. I'm at Rom and once I waste her I'm headed for Mensis and then to my voluntary death! I'd like to have a fully upgraded gun so I'm thinking Evelyn since it'll best use my budding bloodtinge, but I hear the Blunderbuss is the one for catching roll spammers if I'm ever going to do PvP again. Probably going to be a moot point soon.

Update: Speaking of seeing huge numbers, with Antal as a distraction, beast pellets, bolt paper and the Whirligig's L2 attack I racked up like 12,000+ damage on the One Reborn in one technically continuous attack! :isidro: I didn't even see what the final number was on his health bar before I was finally interrupted and had to regroup.

Edit: I'm Platinum, baby! :badbone: Also I somehow lost online and/or however I was getting credit for Playstaion + (maybe the guy I bought it from got a new PS4 =). Man, BB requires PS+ just to play vanilla online? That SUCKS!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:09:00 PM by Griffith »