Author Topic: Guts statue - Max Factory  (Read 23929 times)

Offline hubalo

Re: Guts statue - Max Factory
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
WOW, Takeya sculpted that Colossal Titan statue?!?!  It would be an absolute dream come true if Takeya sculpted for Berserk.  Makes me wonder who is sculpting these Guts & Femto statues at Max Factory.  Takeya is a legend!!!

And though the price for the Titan may be up there, it's still cheaper than AOW.  Good to hear it has a higher chance of being polystone since this Titan one is.  Although, looking at their "Wonderful Hobby Selection" which is what I assume the Berserk figures will be labeled as, the other figure listed, the "Yamato: Heavy Armament Ver." is a PVC figure.  So I guess it's still up for debate!

who is takeya?
what has he done?

Offline The Beast of Darkness

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
You should type "Takayuki Takeya" on Google to enjoy his works. He is one of my favourite sculptor !
As DK said, he is a legend.

Offline rayhato

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2014, 06:35:32 AM »
Some NYCC 2014 pictures. The details are great but I hope they'll correct his tones and paint job overall.

Offline ryuhayabusa6787

• Of the World
  • It's time somebody put you in your place, human!
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2014, 09:54:25 PM »
colors look very flat and his face is so yellow
I canít help you, I belong to a world where all is death. Your world of choices was not meant for me to interfere with.

Offline Liad

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2014, 11:53:53 AM »
colors look very flat and his face is so yellow

I agree, the colors look very flat. Maybe this is their revised production version where they had to lower the quality of the paint job to make a profit with the retail price.

Or it's just a bad camera <-- The optimist's excuse.

Offline sensui

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2014, 05:44:57 PM »
Almost looks like bad exposure/flash settings to me with it being so washed out.  Guess we'll have to wait and see.
AOW noob.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2014, 06:40:42 PM »
The statue's also inside it's glass cabinet, so lighting/ reflecting could be affected by that. For instance, the color tone appears darker in the first picture in that post.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.