Episode 338

Title: 夕闇の死客 - The Dusky Assassin (literally: The Dusky Visitor of Death)

Episode #338 will be published in Young Animal #15 (24/07).

What a relief ! It was becoming increasingly hard to live normally without any Berserk's new substantial material. Thank you Heiji :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Heiji said:
Look like serie will became monthly from this episode.

Now that would be interesting. Not sure I could handle a return to a breakneck publishing pace after so long. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Now that would be interesting. Not sure I could handle a return to a breakneck publishing pace after so long. :void:

Not sure our podcast production rate could keep up, either :magni:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Well this is an interesting news! And hopefully the monthly resuming will come. My girlfriend ain't excited though (still haven't succeed in converting her :serpico: ) I talked about the slap scene for weeks! My money on a switch to Guts crew. Now the question is : one last episode on the sea with Elfhelm on the horizon at the end or more likely Elfhelm in the middle and a punch at the end? (That is if we have a switch to Guts)

Either scenario, I'm just glad to have my favorite series back!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Well this is an interesting news! And hopefully the monthly resuming will come. My girlfriend ain't excited though (still haven't succeed in converting her :serpico: ) I talked about the slap scene for weeks! My money on a switch to Guts crew. Now the question is : one last episode on the sea with Elfhelm on the horizon at the end or more likely Elfhelm in the middle and a punch at the end? (That is if we have a switch to Guts)

Either scenario, I'm just glad to have my favorite series back!

I've gone back and forth on it for a few months now, but I think it'll be focused on Guts' side of the story.

While it would seem natural to ease into the Skellig sighting, I wonder what the major action would be for this coming episode. We've already had a kind of summary episode in 331, reviewing the current circumstances of each character, and alluding to the coming changes. So then for me, that leaves whatever getting close to Skellig will involve. Perhaps they'll start noticing strange things in the sea, sky, etc. leading to comments from Schierke, leading to the inevitable and long-awaited LAND HO. Miura has accomplished feats like that in a matter of pages though. So I wonder... (as always).

But of course, let's not get too excited about that possibility if we get another Falconia episode instead :griffnotevil: I've long been the guy trumpeting how interesting it would be to learn a little more about the circumstances behind the scenes at Falconia -- particularly about those guards who were found unconscious, and of course the aftermath of Rickert's slap on those closest to Griffith.

It would be interesting if we could ask some questions to Miura, now he has prepared/structurized a lot of things to come, expected or not. Don't you think the timing feels right ?

Walter said:
I've gone back and forth on it for a few months now, but I think it'll be focused on Guts' side of the story.

While it would seem natural to ease into the Skellig sighting, I wonder what the major action would be for this coming episode. We've already had a kind of summary episode in 331, reviewing the current circumstances of each character, and alluding to the coming changes. So then for me, that leaves whatever getting close to Skellig will involve. Perhaps they'll start noticing strange things in the sea, sky, etc. leading to comments from Schierke, leading to the inevitable and long-awaited LAND HO. Miura has accomplished feats like that in a matter of pages though. So I wonder... (as always).

But of course, let's not get too excited about that possibility if we get another Falconia episode instead :griffnotevil: I've long been the guy trumpeting how interesting it would be to learn a little more about the circumstances behind the scenes at Falconia -- particularly about those guards who were found unconscious, and of course the aftermath of Rickert's slap on those closest to Griffith.

Even if that scenario is what we would like to see, the timing feels right. It seems logical and well paced to return to Guts' journey and in a few month, get back to Rickert/Griffith side. That what i was thinking myself since episode 337.

Excellent news, thanks Heiji!

Walter said:
Not sure our podcast production rate could keep up, either :magni:

It'll be a fun challenge for sure, can't wait on those amazing insights as always.

When your mind's fading and body's giving up Walter from the stress of work, life and everything, watch this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuHfVn_cfHU

Joking of course. Don't worry about the podcast schedule, we'll stay tuned whenever you put one out.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
rayhato said:
This is interesting. What caused such acceleration? it's been 2-3 EPISODES for a year last few years.

Real talk on the monthly thing:

If it's true, it'd be a true revolution from Miura's pace of work over the last decade. So I think it's more likely that he took this past year to build up a bulk of episodes, which when spread across a longer release period (once per month instead of twice), means he can more easily regulate the release pace according to his own working schedule.

TL;DR: Maybe he created a backlog during the break, which he can slowly exhaust while continuing to work at his own pace.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
rayhato said:
it's been 2-3 episodes for a year last few years.

Not quite. While 2013 was a big drought and 2015 has been empty so far, 2014 saw 10 releases (Berserk & Gigantomachia) and 2011/2012 both had seven episodes.

Walter said:
So I think it's more likely that he took this past year to build up a bulk of episodes, which when spread across a longer release period (once per month instead of twice), means he can more easily regulate the release pace according to his own working schedule.

TL;DR: Maybe he created a backlog during the break, which he can slowly exhaust while continuing to work at his own pace.

Sounds plausible to me, and I also think he may have finally worked out all the stuff he needed to storywise, and can therefore get on with things.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Aazealh said:
Not quite. While 2013 was a big drought and 2015 has been empty so far, 2014 saw 10 releases (Berserk & Gigantomachia) and 2011/2012 both had seven episodes.

Sounds plausible to me, and I also think he may have finally worked out all the stuff he needed to storywise, and can therefore get on with things.

That pretty much what I had in mind. Building a bunch of episode in advance and while they get to be release he keeps working on newer ones. It's what I'd try to do if I was a pro. (Still trying to do that with my own comic but hey I'm way ahead of being a pro)

Anyway back to my wishful prediction : a storm! (I wished for a damn big storm since they got on the ship) would be cool for the beginning of the episode. With the crew working hard on the sails and then when the storm abides what do we see behind the clouds ; Elfhelm. They get off the boat and a monster! No seriously I'd like to see a storm for real but I won't cry if it's not gonna happen.

And yeah Walter I wouldn't mind another Falconia episode either...

mawqez6cusa7z0m1njot.gif

This is unbelievable! I haven't been able to wipe this big stupid smile off my face since I saw this. Great news. Patience pays off.

Top Bottom