Author Topic: Your plans for the future  (Read 17703 times)

Offline Sarcomere

Re: Your plans for the future
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2015, 12:04:04 PM »
Well I've been working on building my discipline a lot lately and just trying to become a hard worker who's motivated to actually accomplish the things I want. Those being: Becoming a mother.. though that's likely quite a ways away, and developing my writing craft to the point where I can actually feel confident submitting stuff (though I have submitted on a small scale). I really hope plan to become a professional author some day.

Also, I graduated from UCI this last October so my more immediate plans are to improve my job situation which has piss poor pay, no benefits, and low hours. My current standard isn't much better, but I just need a full time position for the health insurance as I'm anticipating some major medical stuff over the next 2 or so years. It would be great to finally move out too, because living with my parents post college is really quite the drag. :farnese:

I intend to apply for JET this next fall as I'm currently on vacation in Japan, and I've fallen in love and absolutely want to live here for at least a couple years, if not until I'm ready to have children

Offline Salem

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2016, 02:55:26 PM »
Resurrecting this thread for a moment.

In the process of moving and stressed.  We are buying and selling simultaneously and let me tell you for those who haven't done it, the process can suck.

Moving to a new home which is two and half times the size of our current (beyond my expectations in life) and the buyer of our home needs to find additional papers for his bank.  We were suppose to close thursday on our new home.  Eesh.  Full on Christian Bale American Psycho kind of feeling at the moment.

With two children under 3, 3 beasts, and 90% of my belongings in the garage or boxes, I really will be happy when this all gets done.

My plans once this gets done are three simple time consuming projects. 

1. Theater riser for my couch, with outlets and accent lighting.

2. Built in wall entertainment shelf for pc, cable, games, etc.

3.  Fiber optic supsended ceiling for starlight effect, with my projector in the middle and trim/crown moulding on the top to conceal any gap.

Offline Feeblecursedone

• Of the Interstice
  • "This hammer has broken Daemons on my anvil, Elf.
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2016, 03:18:27 PM »
I'll second Puella about wanting to see Miura one day. Though I've heard he's very private so getting to shake his hand for delivering us the best manga ever might prove difficult without getting dragged away by police lol.

. Theater riser for my couch, with outlets and accent lighting.

2. Built in wall entertainment shelf for pc, cable, games, etc.

3.  Fiber optic supsended ceiling for starlight effect, with my projector in the middle and trim/crown moulding on the top to conceal any gap.

Sounds good. I'm planning to have one room especially dedicated to berserk with posters, mangashelves and what not, one room entirely for gaming and another one for warhammer 40k miniatures and novels/books.

I also want to learn japanese. I've started with Hiragana and so far so good, but we shall see how it goes. I tend to drop such projects in a month or two whenever a major obstacle appears so I'll have to force myself this time.

Dropping weight from 120 kg to 90 wouldn't be bad either.

Offline Salem

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2016, 03:26:15 PM »
I'm planning to have one room especially dedicated to berserk with posters, mangashelves and what not, one room entirely for gaming and another one for warhammer 40k miniatures and novels/books.

I also want to learn japanese. I've started with Hiragana and so far so good, but we shall see how it goes. I tend to drop such projects in a month or two whenever a major obstacle appears so I'll have to force myself this time.

Dropping weight from 120 kg to 90 wouldn't be bad either.

That sounds like a great series of goals.  I've always thought about getting some sort of display case for statues and rare comics. 

Big project I want I decided to put on hold till I'm bald and wrinkled.  Wanted three arcade machines for this rec room, but the total for them in great condition put my very high end klipsch 7.2 reference premier to shame. (which is next on my list, wife permitting :???: :guts:)  Eventually want to take the spare room and make it into a vintage looking arcade from my youth with glowing carpet, neon signs, the whole works.

Offline Ari

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2016, 03:16:40 PM »
I plan on returning to school and majoring in Mathematics. Until then, I'm just slaving day by day in retail.

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2017, 10:04:42 PM »
Another revival! :griffnotevil:

Well, I live in the LA area now! San Fernando Valley to be exact. I moved out here to live with my girlfriend and that part of it has been awesome. What hasn't been awesome is getting laid off a few months after moving here.  :judo:

I was working for a small company in Valencia doing A/V, networking, security camera installs, and whatnot and we lost the other guy who was the backbone of the company and whoops my boss couldn't afford to keep me with the low volume of work coming in. In the meantime I've been driving Uber/Lyft, doing freelance tech stuff, studying for the A+ certification, and looking for entry level tech places that'll take me. I'm a bit tired of crawling through attics and under floors pulling cable, especially with Summer coming up, give me the office work!

So, to put it simply, I'm hoping to get a tech job soon, get my A+ computer cert, and maybe learn some new skills. My GF's dad is opening a T-shirt printing business in Orange County and has a client that needs tons of video editing done, so I might start learning that with the free time I have.

Edit:
Ayy I did it!