Calling all Artists: New Encyclopedia Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Denial said:
Mika_%20Berserk_05.jpg

Truly EPIC!

(See the rest: http://web.genie.it/utenti/y/yaoilove/Sadahiro_Berserk.htm)

But where will the logo go?  ??? ??? ???

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
If you just cannot decide, you could have the image cycle to a different banner each time a page loads. Then you could have a few banners.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Aye, it looks great. Now you just need to implement that design with the rest of the Encyclopedia. Get rid of my old banner.... it's looking pretty nasty now. Also, if you need any help with graphics, just give me a heads up. I need an excuse to use Photoshop these days :griff:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Aye, it looks great. Now you just need to implement that design with the rest of the Encyclopedia.
Yeah, this public release was mostly to gauge you guys' reaction before continuing onto MASS PRODUCTION, so to speak. Thankfully it's been well recieved (whew).

I still like the design of the old banner, Uriel. Otherwise, I wouldn't have kept it for so long. I just think it was time for a revamp. Anyway, as of this moment, I'm DONE with working on encyclopedia based stuff (I say that now... im sure it'll be different tomorrow), but if I have any future photoshop-related projects, I'll definitely drop you a line.

PS: Ideally, I'd like to get a higher resolution version of the banner graphic. Sky's is great, but a little too small for my work here. The problem is that its across two pages, so unless anyone's willing to sacrifice their volume 5 or their Berserk artbook (it's in the Berserk Illustration's File), we're sort of shit out of luck... :judo:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I skimmed over the Berserk Illustration's File a few weeks back, but I don't think it's in there... I could always check again..

I own the Illustration file, it's definitely in there, along with a picture of young Guts....should be around page 30 or so. And it's across two pages, as Walter said, so you would have to assemble it.

EDIT:
If it helps: There are high-res versions of it on the young animal homepage, with the official lettering though.

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/amusement/wallpaper

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chung said:
I own the Illustration file, it's definitely in there, along with a picture of young Guts....should be around page 30 or so. And it's across two pages, as Walter said, so you would have to assemble it.

EDIT:
If it helps: There are high-res versions of it on the young animal homepage, with the official lettering though.

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/amusement/wallpaper
Well, I bound the threads of causality on my Illustrations File last night and SACRIFICED IT for my dream of obtaining a high resolution picture of the DS. :void: I succeeded by using a box cutter and bending back the spine of the book to get at it. All of this only to realize in the end (after spending an hour merging it all in Photoshop) that SkyTraveller's source was actually volume 5, since it has the necessary extra sky to the left that I need to make the image wider, and thus, more apt for a banner. As it stands, it's a really square image, and just won't work. Quite upsetting. Oh well, in the ordeal I also got some great high resolution scans from the Illustrations File that I can use as backgrounds for the Enc elsewhere.

It's really an awesome artbook, I'd forgotten how cool it was. It even has a mini-encyclopedia in the back. Great, high-quality art in there too, on paper fit for god itself to wipe their ass on. Of course, if it was a shitty artbook, it wouldn't have been a fitting sacrifice.
idea-ani4.gif

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Well, I bound the threads of causality on my Illustrations File last night and SACRIFICED IT for my dream of obtaining a high resolution picture of the DS.  :void: I succeeded by using a box cutter and bending back the spine of the book to get at it.  All of this only to realize in the end (after spending an hour merging it all in Photoshop) that SkyTraveller's source was actually volume 5, since it has the necessary extra sky to the left that I need to make the image wider, and thus, more apt for a banner.  As it stands, it's a really square image, and just won't work. Quite upsetting.  Oh well, in the ordeal I also got some great high resolution scans from the Illustrations File that I can use as backgrounds for the Enc elsewhere.

It's really an awesome artbook, I'd forgotten how cool it was. It even has a mini-encyclopedia in the back.  Great, high-quality art in there too, on paper fit for god itself to wipe their ass on. Of course, if it was a shitty artbook, it wouldn't have been a fitting sacrifice.
idea-ani4.gif

Ouch, sorry to hear that it didn't work out. At least some good came out of it, though.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Shit, Walter.  You should have contacted me.  I might have a better version of the banner somewhere.  Damn, now I feel guilty for not being around, and you cut up your book.  :judo:

Do you still need it?  It's probably on my comp somewhere.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
Shit, Walter. You should have contacted me. I might have a better version of the banner somewhere. Damn, now I feel guilty for not being around, and you cut up your book. :judo:

Do you still need it? It's probably on my comp somewhere.
Yeah, that'd be awesome. Just send it to me in a PM or email. Thanks in advance!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Wow, holy crap Walter. The things you go through for this website are humbling. A huge thanks for all your effort.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
Wow, holy crap Walter. The things you go through for this website are humbling. A huge thanks for all your effort.
Thanks, but, the site/encyclopedia itself isn't that hard to maintain. The forum's a whole different beast.

Btw, Sky pulled through in spades, so we have a new, higher quality banner for the Enc. Check it out..

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Thanks, but, the site/encyclopedia itself isn't that hard to maintain.  The forum's a whole different beast.

Btw, Sky pulled through in spades, so we have a new, higher quality banner for the Enc. Check it out..

Good job you guys, it looks great. :serpico:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom