CnColors

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Very cool, always loved that panel too and I like this re-imaging of it the more I look at it.

Can we get some insight on your thought process through this one? Like the choice to not include the moon and changing the perspective on Guts' head/his expression. Making it a more realistic shot of Guts?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
Can we get some insight on your thought process through this one? Like the choice to not include the moon and changing the perspective on Guts' head/his expression. Making it a more realistic shot of Guts?

Sure. Basically this started out as another color but I had a couple of things I wanted to do with it. I drew some quick ideas down without looking at the panel while away from my computer (this was the "groundwork" I was talking about when I replyed to Rhombaad).

However once I got back and attempted to color the panel things sort of fell apart. Cutting out Isidro and the text from the frame proved to be more difficult than I expected. Miura has a fairly distinctive texture behind Guts and the inks would look very odd without the background. Most importantly, however, the panel is very dark (intentionally so, as the contrast between Isidro and his thoughts are important to the panel) so there really isn't too much room to breathe for colors.
Its definitely a picture which is better served in black and white. :miura:

Still wanting to do something with it I opted to do a paint-over using the line work as a guide. I textured the background myself with the intention of doing the moon later. But after a while I liked the smoky background so much I made the moon a lesser priority (only if the composition demanded it). The face on the original is very sparcely detailed (I can guess to not draw too much attention away from the the silhouette and Isidro). But since those two are all but out (still no moon so the opportunity of making the face more of a focal point was there) I tested out a different face. It worked well enough so I stayed with it (however it did require me to change the head position).
Showed Aaz an early draft but even then most of the major blocking was done... so it really just came down to refine,refine,refine.

----
20 pages of CnColors! woo!

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
My buddy just bought a huge widescreen computer monitor and you can guess what the first thing I did was. It looks like the DS is going to slash me if I get too close to the screen. This is amazing work, beautiful to look at.

I'm utterly ashamed to say until tonight your newest work has gone completely past me without noticing. Fucking awesome needless to say.... it took me a bit to realise it was from volume 24 on account of how altered it is. You said you changed the face, where did that come from?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sparnage said:
I'm utterly ashamed to say until tonight your newest work has gone completely past me without noticing. Fucking awesome needless to say.... it took me a bit to realise it was from volume 24 on account of how altered it is. You said you changed the face, where did that come from?

The face is mostly from later volumes. I forget which in particular. But I took care not to mess up on the number of scars on his face. Thanks again.

I hope to have more done soon :)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Heres an update. I'm working with skin tones, and I can't think of a better test than good ol' :puck:

puck_becchi.jpg

Puck and Becchi

Thanks for viewin' :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
Awesome work. Also, not to be a perve, but it looks like a sweet embrace of lovemaking! :carcus: :isidro: :puck:

admiral_puck.gif

Admiral Puck finds the suggestion of impropriety highly inappropriate. 10 lashes..​

...but thanks :)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Hey guys. Thought I'd share this. Its nothing more than a test for another page in a similar style. I only had about half an hour to work on it and I ended up dropping the idea. ...but... um... yea.
Thanks for viewin'!

berserk_guts_approach.jpg

Approach​

Top Bottom