CnColors

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good, and yeah the eyes really make this one.

One question though, why are the stars all the same color? Why are the stars blue? :troll:

CnC

Ad Oculos
The 'Station's on a roll these days! I like it!

I wanna contribute but I still don't have anything really to show. So while we wait for Proj to post (which he WILL do, or suffer the wrath of a thousand beatings), I'll preview what I'm working on:
zodd_paintover_wip.jpg

w.i.p​

Not much, I know. But hopefully posting this will at least motivate me to finish this one. :judo:

one of my fav. threads ever :ganishka:

you got the skills!! just awesome and ofcourse i like your new zodd! heck im even gonna use that as ref for my own Zodd :serpico:

more more more!

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
CnC said:
The 'Station's on a roll these days! I like it!

I wanna contribute but I still don't have anything really to show. So while we wait for Proj to post (which he WILL do, or suffer the wrath of a thousand beatings), I'll preview what I'm working on:

Not much, I know. But hopefully posting this will at least motivate me to finish this one. :judo:

*Fanboy dies*

CnC

Ad Oculos
vlad said:
MEAN! Both the pic and the fact that it's a second awesome :zodd: tease...

hehe. Sorry about the wait. I'm still working on it but I had some other work get in the way.
Anyways here's a really bad sketch I drew while I had some time.

See Griffith's poster for a better version of it
She stares into your goddamn soul​

I reposted this because I need to face my shame :judo: ...also it could be a interesting start to a series.

Ah well, next time...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Hey, can't always be good man... I'm sure with some more practice you'll give us an awesome Casca someday. :guts:

Hahaha, yeah, cheer up man, hopefully you won't suck so bad at it next time. :ganishka:

Anyway, I don't want to hear this modesty shit. Bad sketch? It's a bloody beautiful digital painting!

You wanna see MY "sketch"?

casca.jpg

Here it is. Just did it. Shut up now. =)​

In all seriousness, it's still pretty glorious in it's own right, and fine within the boundaries of "one's unique interpretation." I mean, the more I look at it, the more I ask, "What's wrong with it?" other than it isn't an exact copy of Miura's model. No harm in that, not much point in the exercise otherwise. And if you don't buy that, well, we still got your back. :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thanks for the pick-me-up fellas. Quite honestly I like what Griff did with it (in the movie posters thread) more than mine. I guess I just hate the composition. I really didn't want to draw Miura's Casca, so it probably would have been better if I had. I'll give it another go some other time.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea cnc what were you thinking, it's horrible. If your not ganna post halfway decent works of art then don't post anything at all. I mean...look at it...it's disgusting.

Something about the face makes her look way too masculine. Try to make the nose a bit smaller and more pointy.. make the lines on her jaw softer. Her nose to eye to ear ratio also looks odd.
Make her eyes a bit sharper, just a bit. And take away that frown.
Keep at it, I bet 25 post counts that she'll be looking rather fine by the 5th attempt. (anyone take me up on that?)
If your gonna draw more could I request a long hair Caska please :casca:

Also Oberi this aint my thread but if your gonna criticize try to make it constructive.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Ramen4ever said:
Keep at it, I bet 25 post counts that she'll be looking rather fine by the 5th attempt. (anyone take me up on that?)

I'm putting my post counts on attempt 10!

Also Oberi this aint my thread but if your gonna criticize try to make it constructive.
I'm fairly confident he was only joking and there were no real criticisms.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Like Scorpio said, Oberi was joking around. As was Griff and Aaz (and me). So I know he's really not criticizing.

Ramen4ever said:
Something about the face makes her look way too masculine. Try to make the nose a bit smaller and more pointy.. make the lines on her jaw softer. Her nose to eye to ear ratio also looks odd.
Make her eyes a bit sharper, just a bit. And take away that frown.
If your gonna draw more could I request a long hair Casca please :casca:

Thanks for the crits. Keep in mind I'm going no where near Miura's Casca. Coloring that in would be a lot simpler (this is just a little sketching challenge). So points about the nose and jaw line should have that in mind. The ear was a mistake tho, as it should be larger.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Wow Slann looks aw some. And as for the Casca sketches, i think they are pretty great considering your sketching them. And it's cool to see someones illustration of a character in their own way, not a trace over Miura's work.

I know I'm sorry. Your absolutely right. I'll try from now on scorpio.

Though I must admit I like the second one better, the first image of Casca has some nice features (her mouth for example) it does however look better in GNM's poster. Slan is just so bad it's good very good, loved the look of insanity. M0r3, having a life outside this thread is no excuse!! On a side note, if you do get tired of having talent, I'll gladly swap, if you don't mind having butterfingers and I don't mean the candy!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I love it all. I'd trade all the recolors in the world for more original interpretations of the characters like this. Just awesome.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Griffith No More! said:
I love it all. I'd trade all the recolors in the world for more original interpretations of the characters like this. Just awesome.

Dunno, man. I do a LOT of sketches. Most of them crap:

guts_puck_sketch.jpg

Top Bottom