Author Topic: New Posts before Older Posts?  (Read 2526 times)

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« on: September 06, 2002, 12:36:22 AM »
There's a feature I just enabled that places the newest posts in a thread on top of the older posts. This makes it easier since you don't have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of a page to view the newest post, which has been a huge pain in my opinion...

However, this raises another issue: If you were tyring to follow a debate chronologically in the order they were recieved you'd be scrolling up... Is this ok? Or too awkward/redundant?

Either way, I can change it back to normal within a matter of seconds, so it's not a big deal if you guys don't like this. Please post your opinions!!
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
Re:New Posts before Older Posts?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2002, 02:45:10 AM »
eh, my personal opinion, but i think the new above the old is a bit disorienting, for lack of a better word. and the main problem would be during those long chats we have. i think itd only confuse people (especially myself).
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2002, 03:14:37 AM »
eh, my personal opinion, but i think the new above the old is a bit disorienting, for lack of a better word. and the main problem would be during those long chats we have. i think itd only confuse people (especially myself).
Im already thoroughly confused by it, but that doesn't mean I don't think its a change for the good. I think we just need some time to get used to it. I'll keep it for a few days and see what the general response is to it.  :(
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline The13thScroll

• Of the Interstice
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2002, 05:50:54 AM »
I must say that I was disoriented at first with the new setup but I can adapt, its not bad enough to really make me get super pissed off, so I say try to learn to love your new YaBB.
Rain... Stop
Pain... Gone
Sun... Shine
You're... Mine
-The Dillinger Escape Plan

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2002, 08:57:36 AM »
Ick, I hate it.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2002, 09:32:43 AM »
I have to agree that it sucks, I liked it until I realized that I had in fact read this thread backwards. Yeah, and I already knew about the down to up thing, but old habits die hard. I also donít see any point in adopting a system nobody else uses or will recognize. If I knew about it but still managed to fuck up, whatís a new member going make of this? Itís cute, and maybe itís more efficient, but itís just not very accessible.

-Griffith

P.S. BTW, I realized I read it backwards only about a half hour later, thanks. ;)

Offline puella

• Gourmet Elf
  • Of the Abyss
  • Popopopopopopopo!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2002, 06:54:01 PM »
Needless to say you've done good job, Wally
but not just one thing I think.
I like system of the old forum,new posts after old ones, chronological order.
I have hard time figuring out what's going on every thread. and I bet it will be always the same with this new board sytem.

** and where're my blue and green emoticon?
I need blue face this time ::)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2002, 06:55:05 PM by puella »