2017 Berserk TV Series (Season 2)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jplusip said:
Well, I hate to admit it, but I actually watched the recap episode. Amazingly, it sucked, even by recap episode standards.
Yeah I skipped through it, just to see how they went about it. Pretty awful, so... at least it's consistent.
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Doc said:
Zodd moves like an animatronic from Chuck-E-Cheese.
To be fair to Chuck and his crew, their body parts don't fade in and out of existence and they look a lot more convincing than this.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that's from Musou, but it only looks good when compared to this dumpster fire of an anime.
 

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
If this anime was somehow an actual living person instead of a television program, I would most likely be in prison now. That is, if giving wet willies is illegal. I never checked. Either way I'd give this anime SUCH a wet willie. Guys you don't even know.
 
Walter said:
Yes, that's from Musou, but it only looks good when compared to this dumpster fire of an anime.
I suppose that's fair. Still i thought that it looked good. last time i saw grunbeld (before and not counting this anime) it was when i was emulating the ps2 game of berserk. Speaking of which i need to finish it still lol

Gobolatula said:
If this anime was somehow an actual living person instead of a television program, I would most likely be in prison now. That is, if giving wet willies is illegal. I never checked. Either way I'd give this anime SUCH a wet willie. Guys you don't even know.
I mean if this anime was an actual living person i'm pretty sure a wet willie would be the least of its worries.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Patrick said:
Yikes.

Glad I stayed away from this thing if those gifs are anything to go by. :ganishka:
It was better than most, but as usual, sloppy where it mattered. Also it looks like they're cutting out the apostle assault on Wyndham (and Ganishka's introduction). But who really cares anymore?
 
Walter said:
It was better than most, but as usual, sloppy where it mattered. Also it looks like they're cutting out the apostle assault on Wyndham (and Ganishka's introduction). But who really cares anymore?
Maybe. My guess is they're doing the same crap they did with the beginning of this season with Griffith in Shet. I bet we open with Locus and friends at Wyndham next episode. Even if we do, the pacing and ordering on this thing sucks.
 
Sareth said:
Really?? His canon is extending through his fucking hand. :rickert:
Yeah, it's really stupid. Even with an extra week to animate it, they had models cliping through stuff. The fight itself is pretty slow and they don't add a single extra blow between the two of them, making it feel like a couple hits and they're done. And of course there's tons of monologuing between attacks.
 
thanks for the highlights walter. I was going to make the cannon hand post myself but it seems even though i had paint on this computer, it was removed or something. :schierke:
Edit: i forgot to add that that made it so i couldnt make my screenshot into a useable photo.
 
It's just appalling. I have no idea why this low-rent garbage was even made. Why a minority of fans continue to cut it slack, I'll never know. It's an insult to Miura's work that this thing exists. I mean, the Golden Age trilogy movies were deeply flawed but at least it had some big names (Studio 4c, Warner Bros.) behind it. We've gone from that to something that looks like a fan project done in Flash.

I don't watch much modern anime but is there anything comparable to this animation "style"?
 
rapaz said:
i could not find any link to the animation studio site or a way to contact them.

can anyone help me?
I don't know about the studios directly responsible for the character animation, but I've once been in contact with asurafilm for some reason, which is the studio responsible for combining the finished CGI animation with 2D elements and backgrounds, among other things (at least during the first season, I'm not sure this work is being done anymore :ganishka:). They reply to direct messages on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asurafilm/

They're really nice!
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Someone on Reddit asked, and I can confirm: Grunbeld's hammer bends BEFORE the DS hits.



Upon closer inspection, it actually appears to bend multiple times in this scene. I'd call this the last straw, but :ganishka:
 
Walter said:
Someone on Reddit asked, and I can confirm: Grunbeld's hammer bends BEFORE the DS hits.



Upon closer inspection, it actually appears to bend multiple times in this scene. I'd call this the last straw, but :ganishka:
That's what I noticed yesterday when I saw your gif. :ganishka:
 

Menosgade

Not all those who wander are lost
I'm ABSOLUTELY sure they make it as bad as possible ON PURPOSE. It's unbelieveable how many people try to justify it. My heart dies a little.

Edit 1:
Walter said:
Someone on Reddit asked, and I can confirm: Grunbeld's hammer bends BEFORE the DS hits.



Upon closer inspection, it actually appears to bend multiple times in this scene. I'd call this the last straw, but :ganishka:
Also, they used Guts' version of the helmet to show "the last wearer" dying inside it (not to mention the laziest blood animation ever). The last wearer had a skull helmet as all we know.

Edit 2:
The "last wearer" is also wielding the Draongslayer... may God have pity of us mortals.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Menosgade said:
Edit 1:
Also, they used Guts' version of the helmet to show "the last wearer" dying inside it (not to mention the laziest blood animation ever). The last wearer had a skull helmet as all we know.

Edit 2:
The "last wearer" is also wielding the Draongslayer... may God have pity of us mortals.
Yeah that's why I bothered capturing it. But it's not as convoluted as you make it out to be. Schierke is talking about the former owner bleeding out, but it's showing Guts as he is now -- bleeding out. They just chose not to allude to SK, probably so it wouldn't confuse morons.
 

Death May Die

"That day you left, that's when I knew."
I posted a review of the new adaption series from one of my favorite Youtube reviewers talking about Berserk and its problems when season 1 had wrapped up. There is now a follow up review for season 2. (Focusing on only the production problems with it.)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrV6NysVw2c&t=5s
 
Top Bottom