Berserk armor model and various 2d stuff

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
Re: Berserk armor model study

Armor is coming along well :serpico:. Glad to see some artwork! As for Miura's work, if we are talking about current volumes, her bangs are more even, her nose is a little longer and has a fairly gradual curve, her neck is thinner, and the tops of her ears are more rounded. That said though, you captured her well over-all, and I recognized her before seeing the brand. I rather like the general pose and expression too.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.

Pretty good Cryo! Keep it up. I hope the finished armor doesn't take too long so we can appreciate your time and effort on it.

Oh sweet. The finished one will really help as reference once you're done. Once you finish could you post some front-side-back view images of the full armor? Thanks in advance.

yes i will CCS, i think it will be of some use to people who want to draw/model it, no use in them going through the same thing im doing as well

wohoo, gauntlets finished at last! :puck: was the most tedious part, i also redid the forearm part, looks closer to miuras version now

Next , time to work on the legs!

EDIT:

And some other goodie especially for you Skully folks, started on a Skullknight digital painting, i'm still very early in the process, and have just the base lineart and a rough background painted in
The image is pretty large, so i'll use a thumbnail

The painting was heavily inspired by this image, since i really like the composition and seems like good practice

thanks for editing mods, i know triple posting isnt fun

I think SK's shield should be bigger and the fingers on the Berserker armor should be longer, I guess.
And great work man, I wish I had your skill :puck:

Hey hey hey now. That is looking mighty awesome so far. That's SO going on my desktop. :daiba:

I'm going to have to agree with fuxberg, the shield should be slightly bigger. Other than that it's looking gorgeous.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
cryo said:
about halfway done, any crits?

Looks awesome. However, SK's horse's back hooves are huge compared to the front, while the rest of the pose doesn't seem to support a big-back-hoof perspective. As a stretch (as in good old fashioned squash and stretch) emphasizing the jump it works ok, just can't tell if that was your intent. Love the pic, can't wait to see more :carcus:

Thanks for the feedback guys :SK:

Made the shield a bit bigger indeed, not by much, but looks better now, still kept the background rough because it makes SK pop out more and i like the rough look

Lithrael: you are of course right about the hind legs of the horse, in fact all of the legs were a bit off, i repainted them using some reference this time , as it's actually my first time painting a horse :isidro:

Proj2501: i'm glad you like it as much as to make it your wallpaper, i did kinda paint it with it as a wallpaper in mind

This is pretty much the final image guys, you should be warned though, the resolution is big and so is the filesize, so thumbnail it is!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Very nicely done overall, despite the little problems others have pointed out. You should post more of your paintings. :serpico:

armor is starting to look real nice and the painting is awesome, although I think the moon is too yellow-ish. I would prefer a more blue color but that is just me nitpicking :guts:

Aazealh said:
Very nicely done overall, despite the little problems others have pointed out. You should post more of your paintings. :serpico:

Thanks, i don't want to spam this forum with offtopic artwork, but i do plan on painting more berserk, and i'll definatly post that :carcus:

Oburi said:
My god that's brilliant! More!!

Not quite brilliant since i've seen some errors and some things i could improve upon, but thanks :serpico:

asic said:
armor is starting to look real nice and the painting is awesome, although I think the moon is too yellow-ish. I would prefer a more blue color but that is just me nitpicking :guts:

Thanks asic, how's your 3d Skullknight coming anyway? keep us posted man, that teaser looked promising.
As for the moon, i know it's too yellow, that was intended :ganishka:

cryo said:
Thanks asic, how's your 3d Skullknight coming anyway? keep us posted man, that teaser looked promising.
As for the moon, i know it's too yellow, that was intended :ganishka:

He is coming along but slowly, work is always draggin' me away from it :judo:
Anyways I have your painting as desktop background here at work, so it really was just nitpicking from my part :troll:

been pretty busy again lately, but i managed to do some work this afternoon
still a pretty rough work in progress, and only started texturing the blade

thoughts? more scratches? less?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
cryo said:

Looks great so far, you did an excellent job on the texturing. I think there are enough nicks and scratches for now. Keep us posted!

not berserk related, but figured i might let you know what i've been doing lately, namely improving my painting skills
here's a 2 hour study i did today

Probably going to do a berserk painting soon, i already have the image in mind :chomp:

cryo said:
been pretty busy again lately, but i managed to do some work this afternoon
still a pretty rough work in progress, and only started texturing the blade

The blade looks great! Are you going to put any scar detail on tip of the handle? How about part right above the handle with the chain link on it? How about wear on the sword handle tape/bandage?

Msg for cryo

Hello,

Just to let you know that I think that what you have made with your drawing for the armor of Berserk is wonderful I also would like to know if you going to finish the bottom part wich is the armor for the legs? please let me know

Thanks for your interest Dr_Steins , i'll eventually get around to finishing the model, but i'm very busy with my architecture master's degree right now, and will be untill early next year

Top Bottom