BERSERK emoticons!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Aazealh said:
I thought about making Slan but I'm not planning on doing her at the moment.
Not planning on doing Slann? Well, I guess she is a comic character, but one can always fantasize...
 
It took me awhile to figure out the Guts emoticon actually represented Guts. I thought it was some guy w/ a flattop grinning, like the president's PR rep from the Dark Knight Returns. Even now the emoticon looks more like that guy than it does Guts.
 

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Aazealh said:
I think our emoticons are a bit too big for this, but that's a good idea regardless.
Although the one your using seems to do the job, how about using something along the lines of one of the forum icons like the


For one already an icon \/
Favicon
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Headless Death said:
Although the one your using seems to do the job, how about using something along the lines of one of the forum icons
That's what is planned, the current favicon is just a test I made quickly.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Well, I made a new version of my own, following Headless Death's example. Coincidentally, the rose was what Walter and I had in mind, and I think the result isn't too bad, so I'll leave it like that for now.
 

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Aazealh said:
Well, I made a new version of my own, following Headless Death's example. Coincidentally, the rose was what Walter and I had in mind, and I think the result isn't too bad, so I'll leave it like that for now.
Looks really good. :serpico:
 

Griffith

My posts are better.
Mage said:
It took me awhile to figure out the Guts emoticon actually represented Guts.  I thought it was some guy w/ a flattop grinning, like the president's PR rep from the Dark Knight Returns.  Even now the emoticon looks more like that guy than it does Guts.
:'(

I mean...  :judo:
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Azan enters the fray of emoticons as MR. DOUBLE-FROWN. :azan:

I'm planning a few more throughout the month. Merry Christmas.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Is it too much to ask for a arm cross emoticon? :azan:
I'm afraid it is. The mandate for new emoticons is they not exceed 25 pixels height, at MAX. Otherwise, they look fucked up in posts. Here's an example.
So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :troll: (27 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.

So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :daiba: (25 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.

So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :griff: (28 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.

So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :azan: (22 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.

So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. :puck: (16 px high) So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text. So here's a bunch of text.
^--- Ya see? ---^

Also, as a favor to me, try not to abuse the use of these things, like for situations that don't warrant it.
 

Aazealh

そうはいかぬ
Staff member
Walter said:
Also, as a favor to me, try not to abuse the use of these things, like for situations that don't warrant it.
I'd like to emphasize this. Using them in the proper context is what makes those emoticons great. For example, spamming the troll emoticon (which is supposed to imply a trollish comment) just ruins it, and can even confuse other members over your intentions.
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Awesome! Azan is a great addition and the Void one is hilarious. :void:
Thanks for the praise. As Aaz said, a new batch of emoticons is really looong overdue. But these will look good, because I think I've gotten better at making them over the years. This Azan one was a cakewalk compared to the early emoticons, which took hours and hours of polishing for each.

And the Void emoticon actually isn't implemented yet. Still working with variations on it. The one you see is just a first draft, so it's kind of a tease.

Also, I fleshed out Skully's emoticons to make them look a little more realistic. I'm pleased with the results.
VS
. And
VS
 
Walter said:
Also, I fleshed out Skully's emoticons to make them look a little more realistic. I'm pleased with the results.
VS
. And
VS
Yeah, they look a lot better. More like SK and less like regular skulls, although I still enjoyed the earlier ones. :serpico:
 

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
The Azan emoticon looks great; very compact, polished and professional. There's a difference from the older ones in how well the characterizing detail is packed into the small space while retaining an "emoticon" look. Carcus is still the best, though.

Walter said:
Also, as a favor to me, try not to abuse the use of these things, like for situations that don't warrant it.
Aazealh said:
I'd like to emphasize this. Using them in the proper context is what makes those emoticons great. For example, spamming the troll emoticon (which is supposed to imply a trollish comment) just ruins it, and can even confuse other members over your intentions.
I changed my troll emoticon in the 301 thread to something more appropriate.
 
Love the Azan icon! (Carcus is my favorite out of all of them) Any plans for Slan?? I have no idea what emotion she'd represent, but the comments you guys make about her always make me laugh out loud! :ganishka:
 

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Madam President said:
Love the Azan icon! (Carcus is my favorite out of all of them) Any plans for Slan?? I have no idea what emotion she'd represent, but the comments you guys make about her always make me laugh out loud! :ganishka:
Slan is among those planned for the future, but they may be used in different ways than we've planned.
 
Top Bottom