Berserk names, revisited!

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Ozmo said:
Hmmmm...

Void -> Bloyd

Perhap t'is what he as called before he became a God Hand? ;D

I think Rakshas could be at the very least a reference to Rakshasa, a errr... common fantasy cliche monster.
not just fantasy cliche... there's a myth surrounding them... I can't remember what tis right now though

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Darok [Gloombeard!] said:
not just fantasy cliche... there's a myth surrounding them... I can't remember what tis right now though

From just searching around, apparently, "Raksha" can be another name for the Yeti (and is the Sanskrit word for "demon").

There are also creatures in Hindu mythology known as Rakshas:

"In ancient Hindu myth, they are a classification of evil spirits who, on occasion, can sometimes also be friendly. They often battle the gods and are thought to hurt people at night. The Rakshas are led by Ravana, their king, and are the eternal enemies of Vishnu, one of the foremost divinities of the Hindu pantheon. The Rakshas are the descendants of Rishi Kashyapa, a sage and a seer. They usually appear in the shape of a dog or a bird with a fat body, or as a skeleton."

(http://www.pantheon.org/articles/r/raksha.html)

When i watched the anime last year, in fansub, they spelled our hero's name "Gutz" how people can think it's spelled like that in a fansub community when here on the BBS it's not even listed in the probable way to spell the name ?!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DarkShurikn said:
When i watched the anime last year, in fansub, they spelled our hero's name "Gutz" how people can think it's spelled like that in a fansub community when here on the BBS it's not even listed in the probable way to spell the name ?!
Probably by using the same logic as "there just HAS to be a season 2!!!"

Top Bottom