Berserk never released/translated video! Now with a trailer! (10/12/2007)

Finally the never released/translated extra part of the Berserk anime has been subtitled!

I have tried to enrich the video with some effects, transitions and filters. I hope you will enjoy...

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DtGkbF846dE

The second version is the italian translation.

Any comments, critics or suggestions are very appreciated.

See ya! :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Re: Berserk never released/translated video!

It looks like a commercial for the anime to me. Thanks for translating it, though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

That's very nice of you Phemt81. I'd already seen that off some Japanese P2P networks though. I agree with Rhombaad, I've always taken it as a teaser for the animated series before its original broadcasting.

Rhombaad said:
It looks like a commercial for the anime to me. Thanks for translating it, though.

You are welcome, or better, thanks you for seeing it!

Yes, some people say it was the commercial for the japanese audience. The saddest thing is that the italian dvd Berserk edition doesn't contain that video, or the others specials that i have on a copy of the japanese VHS edition... and judging from the statements i see on the net, they aren't included in ANY edition of the anime outside Japan...

Aazealh said:
That's very nice of you Phemt81. I'd already seen that off some Japanese P2P networks though. I agree with Rhombaad, I've always taken it as a teaser for the animated series before its original broadcasting.

I am glad that you appreciate my effort Aazealh, i thought it was a crime that no one translated it, cause it adds something to the rest of the anime series imo.

Ehy! Where are the others Berserk fan comments? It looks like they haven't noticed this topic! :isidro: :???:

CnC

Ad Oculos

Phemt81 said:
Ehy! Where are the others Berserk fan comments? It looks like they haven't noticed this topic! :isidro: :???:

Sorry for the lack of comments. I really don't know enough japanese to gauge how accurate of a translation this is but as for the actual subbing job, good work! :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Well, I didn't comment because I'd already seen the commercial; it's even part of my TOP SECRET PROJECT~! :troll: :idea:

CnC said:
Sorry for the lack of comments. I really don't know enough japanese to gauge how accurate of a translation this is but as for the actual subbing job, good work! :guts:

It's not like you must have a japanese degree to make us know your opinion about this video! :ganishka: Did you liked the intro, the transitions?

Thanks, happy to read you appreciated it.

Griffith No More! said:
Well, I didn't comment because I'd already seen the commercial; it's even part of my TOP SECRET PROJECT~! :troll: :idea:

CnC said:
Season 2 confirmed!!!1

What secret project? What season 2? I need more clues! Please! :chomp:

Black_Devil said:
Definitely enjoyed the translation, though it appears to me to be more :???: x :griff: junk.

Until it' s from :miura: Miura's brain, I CAN' T let you call it junk! :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Phemt81 said:
Did you liked the intro, the transitions?
Frankly, no. While I appreciate the translation, the transitions and SPECIAL FX you tacked on were really overblown and ridiculous given the brief content. The actual clip doesn't start until around 30 seconds in, and a full minute of the video is intro/outro crap. Who wants to see that? Isn't your name as the poster of the YouTube video enough?

"PHEMT81 PRESENTS..... A HUE/SATURATION PHOTOSHOPPED IMAGE OF THE BRAND! ... Oh wait, there's actually a clip in here..." :ganishka:

Phemt81 said:
Until it' s from :miura: Miura's brain, I CAN' T let you call it junk! :guts:

I doubt he had much to do with it. :griff: It's just a teaser for the show... :void:

Phemt81 said:
cause it adds something to the rest of the anime series imo.

I do not agree. :casca:

Walter said:
Frankly, no. While I appreciate the translation, the transitions and SPECIAL FX you tacked on were really overblown and ridiculous given the brief content. The actual clip doesn't start until around 30 seconds in, and a full minute of the video is intro/outro crap. Who wants to see that? Isn't your name as the poster of the YouTube video enough?

"PHEMT81 PRESENTS..... A HUE/SATURATION PHOTOSHOPPED IMAGE OF THE BRAND! ... Oh wait, there's actually a clip in here..." :ganishka:

Well, honestly, i am quite proud of that intro, that i have realized specifically for the video, it took me about 5 days to finish it, sorry to hear you don't like. No, the name as youtube poster isn't enough, since you surely know that everyone is able to download every youtube video and claim that he realized it...

As i could accept your opinion about the intro, i can't for what regards the outro, that basically isn't an outro... those are the thanks for people who helped me translating (or better, who translated the video for me).

I can't use photoshop...

pippin22 said:
I doubt he had much to do with it. :griff: It's just a teaser for the show... :void:

I do not agree. :casca:

I have read that Miura supervisioned all the Berserk anime series (yes, it's not so good to know...), is that a wrong information?

Anyway, thanks for your opinions :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Phemt81 said:
I have read that Miura supervisioned all the Berserk anime series (yes, it's not so good to know...), is that a wrong information?

Yes, it is.

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human

Even if the translation would be correct, and though I'm not a video-editor(to understand the complexity of your clip) I sincerely don't like the graphic mix you have added on. I appreciated the translation of course, and the clip would be just eventually worthy for it.

At last I think that it is too far from the general Berserk divine atmosphere. :void:

Phemt81 said:

Aazealh said:
Yes, it is.

Oh, let me know your source, I'll write down mine :guts:

Kentarou Miura said: "Berserk is my very first comic book and anime. So I was very excited, and I wanted to make something good. I could've just let the studio staff do the work, but I gave some advice on the outlines of the character designs. But my main concern was the scripts. They'd send me the scripts and I'd revise them and make changes. I checked all scripts, and made a lot of changes and requests on all of them. I bet the writers hated me."

And if you don't trust ME...

http://www.gamekult.com/blog/nossvii/27249/Interview+de+Kentarou+Miura+fait+en+2002.html

...enjoy the lecture! :daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Phemt81 said:
Oh, let me know your source, I'll write down mine

You poor sap, ZKK posted this interview here long before you even learned of its existence. If only you had the presence of mind to use the search engine of this forum before posting...

Phemt81 said:
Kentarou Miura said: "Berserk is my very first comic book and anime. So I was very excited, and I wanted to make something good. I could've just let the studio staff do the work, but I gave some advice on the outlines of the character designs. But my main concern was the scripts. They'd send me the scripts and I'd revise them and make changes. I checked all scripts, and made a lot of changes and requests on all of them. I bet the writers hated me."

So if you've got a minimum of reading comprehension going on here, you'll understand that Miura didn't supervise the creation of the show at all. He gave them some pointers on the character design and revised scripts that were sent to him by mail at his demand. I'm not sure you understand how remote of an involvement this is, but it's really far from the complete supervision you seem to be thinking of. There's only so much you can do with scripts, and that's not a whole lot. The thing is, Miura's also expressed regret that he hadn't had enough time to spend working on the show back then, and there are plenty of flagrant examples of this fact (i.e. all the errors within the show). Makes me shiver to imagine what the show would have been had he not revised the scripts... If you want an example of something Miura actually supervised, check out the Berserk Dreamcast game. And before you ask me to provide references that you could find with a minimum effort, try to at least understand what you're reading yourself.

Anyway, pippin22 is right to doubt that Miura had any direct involvement with this teaser, and he's right to say that it doesn't add anything to the series.

Aazealh said:
You poor sap, ZKK posted this interview here long before you even learned of its existence. If only you had the presence of mind to use the search engine of this forum before posting...

So if you've got a minimum of reading comprehension going on here, you'll understand that Miura didn't supervise the creation of the show at all. He gave them some pointers on the character design and revised scripts that were sent to him by mail at his demand. I'm not sure you understand how remote of an involvement this is, but it's really far from the complete supervision you seem to be thinking of. There's only so much you can do with scripts, and that's not a whole lot. The thing is, Miura's also expressed regret that he hadn't had enough time to spend working on the show back then, and there are plenty of flagrant examples of this fact (i.e. all the errors within the show). Makes me shiver to imagine what the show would have been had he not revised the scripts... If you want an example of something Miura actually supervised, check out the Berserk Dreamcast game. And before you ask me to provide references that you could find with a minimum effort, try to at least understand what you're reading yourself.

Anyway, pippin22 is right to doubt that Miura had any direct involvement with this teaser, and he's right to say that it doesn't add anything to the series.

Hell! Yeah! I said supervisioned, not made with his own hands!!! LOL :ganishka:

Are you sure that I am the one who can't read/understand? And what's all that insolence come from? Cause you are an admin? Do you think you can talk to people like you are above all others?

I have read that interview really before YOU my dear arrogancealh, cause it was published in the italian version of the manga, that as you may know, is far only about three months from the original publishing.

Please note that the biggest matter for me is not who's right and who's wrong, but the way you express your point of view.

Try to be more civil and moderate, at least, when you speak with me, my dear admin.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Phemt81 said:

Are you sure that I am the one who can't read/understand? And what's all that insolence come from? Cause you are an admin? Do you think you can talk to people like you are above all others?

I have read that interview really before YOU my dear arrogancealh, cause it was published in the italian version of the manga, that as you may know, is far only about three months from the original publishing.

Please note that the biggest matter for me is not who's right and who's wrong, but the way you express your point of view.

Try to be more civil and moderate, at least, when you speak with me, my dear admin.

This has stopped being about the piece, now. I suggest you drop this overly defensive and quite meaningless tangent to the conversation and keep it regulated to your vid.
Thus far there have been valid criticisms of your work, the length of the intro/outro's and transitions in particular.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Phemt81 said:

Well, first the word "supervisioned" doesn't exist, and second what you said is still wrong. Especially when put back into the context, since you used that reasoning to imply that it was clear the teaser was directly from "Miura's brain". Although technically, since nothing special is being said in it...

Phemt81 said:
Are you sure that I am the one who can't read/understand?

Yes.

Phemt81 said:

Hahaha no, sorry but no. XD I don't want to call you a blatant liar, but that's what you look like here buddy... Don't you know where this interview comes from or when it was made? See, I have nothing against you, but that's why you should do some research before posting. It's like you didn't even check the source you provided.

Phemt81 said:

Well that's regrettable, because all that should matter is the correctness of the information given to people. Now like CnC wisely advised, I suggest we move back to your video and the criticism it generated. Surely you can get some ideas from the feedback your thread gathered.

Cool.

There is another video i think Berserk followers will like. It' s a professional trailer made for the anime.

The only editing i did over it are the credits at the end. Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YzEx2GOZXfM Enjoy!

Oh, i didn't feel to open a new thread for this.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Phemt81 said:
Cool.

There is another video i think Berserk followers will like. It' s a professional trailer made for the anime.

The only editing i did over it are the credits at the end. Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YzEx2GOZXfM Enjoy!

Oh, i didn't feel to open a new thread for this.

The video was short but sweet. Why did you add credits to the end of it, though? :???:

Phemt81 said:
Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YzEx2GOZXfM Enjoy!
Official Italian trailer for the dvd huh? I really liked it. If I had never heard of Berserk I think it would've caught my interest. The only part of it that seemed a little "off" to me was when the words got flashed by too quickly. Well, also the section that was "here is the man" had a young naked Guts running towards the screen, Griffith, and Casca (who is not a man) flashed. I think that could've been done better, heh. Thanks for sharing of course.

CnC

Ad Oculos
pippin22 said:
Well, it's nice to see that our negative feedback didn't stop you from sharing another mediocre video! Cheers! :ganishka:

Just kidding. :serpico: Really, though. :griff:

Stay constructive when you give feedback. This comment was completely unhelpful.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the trailer. I hadn't seen this one. But the ending credits were pretty fruitless, and I couldn't really read them because it was black on dark purple.

Top Bottom