Berserk PS2 Game - New Korean Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Movies are still fucking great, looks like the game takes place right after the 1st eclipes.

(sorry if im wrong or a little behind, I dont check up on the movies that much because I always assume its just the same old movie I have seen 10 times.)

Shit though, you get to fight griffith!!!

nir085

Horse and Armor
DemonX said:
looks like the game takes place right after the 1st eclipes.
I'm going to assume you're joking.

Shit though, you get to fight griffith!!!
I am still wondering why they chose to do that considering that we see no real indication of how strong Griffith is post-second eclipse outside of him killing a bunch of human kushan soldiers which any one can do at this point...

Gauging Griffith's power in comparison to Guts' own power...isn't that a little bit too soon? Not to mention the fact that it goes against the manga.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
nir085 said:
Gauging Griffith's power in comparison to Guts' own power...isn't that a little bit too soon? Not to mention the fact that it goes against the manga.
Maybe its not part of the games main plot... and from what little I saw, it looked like Griffith was playing.

DarkBlademaster

nir085 said:
I'm going to assume you're joking.

No im not. I specifically saw scenes from The Lost Children Arc. Remember the fight with the tree (when guts first saved Jill)?

Well wasn't it approved by miura? And yes, like what Majin said, it looked like griffith was toying with guts.

nir085

Horse and Armor
DemonX said:
No im not. I specifically saw scenes from The Lost Children Arc. Remember the fight with the tree (when guts first saved Jill)?
Having to have relied on gametrailers.com due to poor bandwidth or whatever, that may have been one of the many darkly shaded scenes which went over my head. But what scenes are you referring to in the Lost Children Arc besides the first tree scene? If you didn't see Roshinu or any elf posers in any of the footage, chances are the chapter of the lost children won't be covered in its entirety. Besides, doesn't the title itself along with other people's confirmation say that it's not going to cover the Retribution Arc at all? You also have to think about all the pre-22 characters that weren't covered in the footage...

Well wasn't it approved by miura? And yes, like what Majin said, it looked like griffith was toying with guts.
Toying with Guts at this point is still a subtle way of saying that he is way stronger even though his real power hasn't been confirmed in the manga at all. Perhaps Miura wanted us to assume that, but Zodd jumping in front of Guts right when he charges at Griffith adds mystery to how strong Griffith is in relation to Guts. But I digress, as long as it just ends up being a little skirmish that doesn't figure into anything plot-related.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
SOMETHING I OBSEREVED.

I have noticed that you can unlock the Berserks Armor, I have already stated that, and Guts does different combos depending on what he's fighting or different combos at certain parts. I see him using strong amd slow slashes on monsters that aren't very mobile like the tree for instance. There is lots of combos, not talkin about the counters, that guts does he didn't do on the demo.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:

You just saw Guts fighting against possessed trees, I think it was done to add diversity to the enemies, not a big deal.

SlimJ87D said:
I have noticed that you can unlock the Berserks Armor, I have already stated that

In "Time Attack" mode or the equivalent, yes. You also get to play without armor in that same mode.

I thought exactly the same thing when I first saw the tree... Then I noticed that there were a whole bunch of them, so they could easily have simply created an enemy based on the tree from the Lost Children arc. I'm guessing they might cover a few small segments from earlier chapters as tutorial or easy starting levels, though. Starting you off with the Griffith and Zodd fights wouldn't make much sense :).

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
Still....

All I can say is damn!!

Please let this game get picked up for a US release!!!

Because...well...DAMN!!!!!

Aazealh said:
The slow music in the 5th trailer Sven Viking is talking about is a version of the opening song by Susumu Hirasawa as far as I can tell. Otherwise, there's the music we can hear in the demo as he said, it's fighting music, dynamic and definitely not bad, though it lacks the genius touch of Hirasawa.

If the other music during the game is half as good as the opening song I will be happy.

DarkBlademaster

nir085 said:
Having to have relied on gametrailers.com due to poor bandwidth or whatever, that may have been one of the many darkly shaded scenes which went over my head. But what scenes are you referring to in the Lost Children Arc besides the first tree scene? If you didn't see Roshinu or any elf posers in any of the footage, chances are the chapter of the lost children won't be covered in its entirety. Besides, doesn't the title itself along with other people's confirmation say that it's not going to cover the Retribution Arc at all? You also have to think about all the pre-22 characters that weren't covered in the footage...

:'( I was hoping with a fight against moz.

I'm guessing it'll include at least a few things from before Gatts meets Griffith on the hill of swords. A fight with both Griffith and Zodd doesn't sound like my idea of a tutorial level.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Aazealh said:
You just saw Guts fighting against possessed trees, I think it was done to add diversity to the enemies, not a big deal.

In "Time Attack" mode or the equivalent, yes. You also get to play without armor in that same mode.

No, playing without his armor at certain parts is a part of the story. Perhaps your right about the Berserk armor.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SlimJ87D said:
No, playing without his armor at certain parts is a part of the story. Perhaps your right about the Berserk armor.

Hey, you're a nice guy besides the fact that you don't read previous posts, but don't try to tell me how the story goes, ok ?

Yeah, playing without the armor is part of the story, after Slan rip it off Guts, and playing with the Berserk's armor is also part of the story...

What I was referring to is playing with a different armor (none, "normal", Berserk's) in that timed mode, which obviously isn't following the story, be it in the snow field or woods, etc.

There was the same kind of special Time Attack mode in the DC Game.

Venus

if only...
was it just me or did Guts actually put his cannon inside zodd's mouth and shoot at him???

all I ask is for those fortunate to play the game...please let us know everything about it...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Venus™ said:
was it just me or did Guts actually put his cannon inside zodd's mouth and shoot at him???

He does it, both to the human Zodd (right in his face) and after he has transformed (in his mouth).

Venus™ said:
all I ask is for those fortunate to play the game...please let us know everything about it...

No problemo ;D.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
I'll say one thing, they make Slan looks fuckin hot when we see her in a FMV on the far left on one of the trailers, man she's hot right there. But seeing her when she kisses Guts, she looks nasty =/

nir085

Horse and Armor
Sven Viking said:
Umm, keep in mind that she's made of troll intestines in the latter circumstance :).
True, but her animation also doesn't look that good when she awakens in the original trailer (the Great Eclipse, I'm assuming). Although yeah, she does look freaking gorgeous in the split-screen Godhand segment of the original trailer.

Too bad Griffith's animation wasn't as good.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
One of the many things that caught my attention in this preview. Is the fact that we finally get to see Guts with his DS in action (speedwise). In the manga they always comented in he's ability to use the Slayer, and finally we get to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom