Berserk TV Series - Second season

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Personbot said:
But jackass is a complete crock of shit. I still believe that all the people on that show should be shot and the world would be a better place because of it.
and eventualy, their stunts will become so suicidal, thats just what they'll be.
Let them keep it up as long as they want, they'll set a good example to all the other idiots out there.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Majin Tenshi said:
and eventualy, their stunts will become so suicidal, thats just what they'll be.
Let them keep it up as long as they want, they'll set a good example to all the other idiots out there.

Of course, with the current trend of many of our youths of today, we will eventually get rid of all those who possess idiotic tendencies because they've decided to copy many of the inane stunts that the show has done. Such as the kid who tried to light himself on fire to imitate a human barbeque.
But I personally prefer my teenage boys boiled in honey and lightly smothered in whip cream. :-*

I think the show is a ploy set up by the Darwin awards to secretly make the runnings more interesting.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!
I don't know if this link is exactly the same as the original link to the site that says a new series was announced but I think it was updated because this one says there IS a new series in the making for release in 2004 but I still don't think it's too official and I think it's the same site. But I still find it kind of interesting so here's the link anyways just in case you wanna take a peek (it's only a paragraph.) You'll have to got to Free Translation.com or whatever you want to translate it into english if you don't speak italian.

http://www.newemotion.it/anime.php3?ArtID=32

G

Genn21

I may be new to this italian anime news crap but why do the italians get it before the english. ( Anything to do with geographical location. I have no other idea beside that. )???

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Well, after some brief thought, maybe there was pre-production going on and it simply got scrapped cause it wasn't going well and they just needed to re-think and all that crap...

...like I heard that apparently the Fantastic Four movie was already shot a year or two ago, but the producers or whoever said it sucked so bad, they had to toss the whole thing and re-do it. And it STILL isn't out. =shrug=

It's obviously a HUGE thing...I would love a 2nd series...I am hoping its popularity in the states and other places that are just getting the DVDs will help the 2nd season come into being.

:)

G

Genn21

number18 said:
Well, after some brief thought, maybe there was pre-production going on and it simply got scrapped cause it wasn't going well and they just needed to re-think and all that crap...

...like I heard that apparently the Fantastic Four movie was already shot a year or two ago, but the producers or whoever said it sucked so bad, they had to toss the whole thing and re-do it. And it STILL isn't out. =shrug=

It's obviously a HUGE thing...I would love a 2nd series...I am hoping its popularity in the states and other places that are just getting the DVDs will help the 2nd season come into being.

Dont be so pessimistic. This is miura's work. The man is power untapped. This is NOT some american children & adult influenced steriotypical comedy made by hollywood buff's who just want to please the public by using it's good name.

You must beleive that is our only power now to influence the film. ( or protest his studio in japan ) ROADTRIP !!!!!

incognitoX said:
That's a great idea.

If they finished volumes 13 and 14, and then showed Guts battle with the count (they could show him right where it leaves off after he battled the snake baron in the first episode) then he could meet puck and Skull Knight could just be added when a flashback is made of how Guts escaped the eclipse.

But then there is that little part about how Griffith is king in the anime...

That's a good idea to pick up where the first season left off. I have a question though, why is Griffith king in the anime? I never saw that in my subs.

Off-topic: Ain't It Cool News is generally full of crap. I've learned, do not trust them unless its Star Wars info.

Off-topic#2: The Fantastic Four movie was made several years ago, and yes it sucked so bad the studio wouldn't release it. You can find bootlegs floating around online and at cons. It was made with almost no real budget and suffered greatly.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Metal Soldier said:
That's a good idea to pick up where the first season left off. I have a question though, why is Griffith king in the anime? I never saw that in my subs.
An inconsistency in the anime that Miura didn't approve of. The studio goofed.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
First episode. The guy sitting at the bar. Hes rambling about how bad the times are since griffith became king. The barkeep shushes him.

Yeah, I realized that the other day. I was thinking later on. It could be retconed pretty easy. Just have Guts say something to the effect of "An impostor like you isn't even worthy of calling yourself Griffith," as he's about to walk off from killing the Apostle.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
So, there I was talking with Mike Sinterniklaas, voice of Leonardo of the new TMNT show and owner of the NYAV Post dub studio...the one that did Berserk for Media Blasters, the dub he happened to direct.

We talked a lot about Berserk, just giving opinions and such, complimenting him on what a wonderful dub I thought it was (turns out Joey Wheeler's voice actor from Yu-Gi-Oh! did the opening behelit's scream...who'da thunk it???), and at the Berserk panel people brought up the ever-rumored 2nd season.

I asked him (and the guy from Media Blasters) what we could possibly do to help bring about a 2nd season, since the popularity and support of The Big O outside of Japan brought about a 2nd season. He said that if Berserk were to be aired on television here in the US it would DEFINITELY bring up the popularity and support the show. Maybe on HBO or something, but definitely it being on television here would help tremendously. We could go about doing that by writing our local cable stations, demanding them to show Berserk.

The Media Blasters guy went on to talk about how the standards for appropriate violence on Japanese television have since become stricter, however, but also that the violence standards people making an acception to Berserk with it's violence (as it did the first time around) was possible. "It's not Berserk if it's not Berserk," to quote him, quoting Miura, I believe.

Anyway, there was talk of a straight-to-video/ova release, but I think a series format was preferred just because I believe that would allow for more episodes and time for things to develop (cause how many 25 episode OVAs are there?).

But basically, all parties involved (Japanese included) seem to be VERY interested in making a 2nd Berserk series. It's just the money.

So, like Mike Sinterniklaas was saying, really what would be good is if Berserk were to be aired on television here, to expose it to more people. We should be writing our local cable stations asking them to show Berserk. The more support the licensed product gets (don't buy those bootleg 30 dollar, 3 disc HK dvd sets!!), the bigger the chance that there would be a 2nd season. I know that everyone I've ever shown Berserk to has loved it, so I can only imagine the fan base that would sprout if it were to air on television.

Buy the Dark Horse manga, buy the licensed, legal Media Blasters/Anime Works DVDs, and write your cable station asking for Berserk!

I don't want to hear any gripes about ohh they'll butcher it up or how the 2nd season just isn't possible - It IS. And basically, it's we the fans that can help. I'm gonna start a little type of petition site sometime soon, and when it's up I'll be coming back here for all you guys to sign it. Word is bond.

M

medievald00d

sounds cool. How do you know all these voice actors in all these high places??

number18

a sci-fi bitch
lol, they just happened to all be at AnimeNEXT, the anime con I went to last weekend, and on a bunch of panels I went to. I met Lord Adon, too. That guy rules..."for 400 years!" ^_____^

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Petitions and letters don't usually have any effect in these types of things. Just about every show out there has some kind of letter writing campaign and so far I've never seen one work.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Seriously :) And there's been that Seiken Densetsu 3 petition that's been out for 6 years or more, heh. But that's going into Squaresoft, and I don't wanna start rambling.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
You guys are disgusting.

The Save our Sailors campaign was a very successful one, and I don't even know exactly how the Big O season 2 got started, but it was the fans that managed to get shit done.

And you all seem to be forgetting that all parties involved (the Japanese and English directors, English voice actors, etc) are interested in producing more...so it's not like Kentaro Miura is actually against making a 2nd season or some shit - money is the problem.

The call for a 2nd season is not some far-out request that has no chance in hell of happening. There is a very real chance, and the fact that you guys are saying "count me out" and basically shit like it's not gonna happen cause some other petition hasn't worked...it's absolutely disgusting.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
It's not that I think it's impossible for a 2nd season to be produced, I personally find the manga enough on its own and it's also far superior to the anime, so I don't really see the absolute need for a 2nd season (anymore). Besides, I'm not really looking forward to a large growth of its fanbase. *points at the great dbz fanbase*

That's what I'd find disgusting. Call me an elitist or whatever I don't give a shit.

sendo7

Fight me, kill me, I like it
Yeah, about this point, I'm totally agree with Mizar, I don't think it could help if the manga became very popular, for me Berserk is really cool in manga. The anime is a piece of shit. That's my way of thinking. The art in the manga is beautiful and the story is really well developp. So I don't think that a 2nd season is needed. I mean, if you want to watch anime, watch somethings else, something original. The only anime that could be great, is some side story, like the story of Skully or Zodd.

number18

a sci-fi bitch
I find it hard to believe that Berserk could possibly get as popular as Dragonball Z, so you really don't have to worry about rabid fans in AOL chat rooms role-playing the shit out of it...really.

And since you're using DBZ as an example, yeah, the show has grown insanely popular since I fell in love with it and Akira Toriyama's other works...and there were like 6 kids at AnimeNEXT wearing DBZ shirts, but only 1 recognized I was cosplaying a character from the show, and even then they called me the wrong name. Whatever - I don't care. The people that are hardcore, that have been there from the start will still be there. I can still talk with people that knew Dragonball Z back when all was available were really shitty fansubs and nothing past the middle of the Freeza saga was out, and it's all VERY good. The masses of little kids and casual fans have far from ruined the show and manga for me. I'm all for the manga being fully translated in English, like it FINALLY is, and for Dragonball to be aired on television. For me, the popularity is a dream come true - I can own official releases of the stuff in my own language and I'm very happy.

But there are people that like to sit around and scoff about how DBZ sucks nowadays because it's so popular, etc, etc, how it's 12 episodes of powering up and nothing else...and those people are just assholes that wanted to be into something cool and underground and that was it. They don't really care about the series - they don't even really like it that much. So screw them. I know the "real" fans are still going to be around, we are still very much into the series, and well...what more can I say?

I enjoy the Berserk manga a LOT. I don't think it'll ever be possible for the anime to capture the exact spirit of the manga...but you know, it'll be good. I know that much. The anime does a great job - it's the best anime I've ever had the privelage to see. And how many of you got into Berserk by the anime first? The more people, the better, I think.

I'm sure if you were to tell Kentaro Miura to his face that you had absolutely no interest in the 2nd season (saying it was out already) because you had the manga - he'd ask you why. And what exactly would you say?

Top Bottom