Berserk TV Series - Second season

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Why is there such a want for a second season? Buy some Hirasawa Susumu albums, listen to it when your reading your manga, and if you like dubs, just imagine every character having a totally unfitting voice.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Some people perfer anime. Some people perfer manga. Some people like both. I'm one of the ones who like both.
If you really want a second season of Berserk, look at the manga, get some friends together and draw a few scenes down on notebook paper then twist them 90-180 degrees. You can also move the pictures up and down while filming. This re-creates the quality of animation in Kenpyuu Denki: Berserk. For dialogue scenes, just hire a few local bums hanging around the gas stations in your town. That's what Media Blasters did for the US dub.

Personally, I'll take Miura's official art and direction over someone else's interpretation, any day of the week.

I'm not saying give me the anime over the manga. I'll take both. The manga rocks. I'd like to watch the anime of it too. I won't lose sleep either if there isn't a second season. But I totally agree, Miura's artwork is superior.

If you really want a second season of Berserk, look at the manga, get some friends together and draw a few scenes down on notebook paper then twist them 90-180 degrees. You can also move the pictures up and down while filming.
LMAO ;D

You know, anime is often considered a geek thing, while manga, on the other hand, is mainstream. Anime geeks like to call themselves "otaku" ignorant of the fact the the term is derogatory.

If there is a second season, I'd probably watch it only because I love Berserk. I loved the anime when I first saw it, but now after reading the manga (I really should read it again sometime; I've forgotten alot), I couldn't care less about a second season.

Maybe if they got Miura into the production it wouldn't be half as bad... but that ain't gonna happen so you may as well count on it sucking. ;)

Majin Tenshi said:
Still, its been so long since berserk aired in japan... japanese pop culture has totaly forgotten about it. Perhaps all the better for a new series since it could draw new readers to the manga.

That's what I've been saying a couple post ago. That they should make the series from the beginning. It's been done before Record of Lodoss War and right now Oh My Godess (the series hansn't been made but it's in production right now)

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Walter said:
For dialogue scenes, just hire a few local bums hanging around the gas stations in your town. That's what Media Blasters did for the US dub.
So true...so horribly true
Renegade said:
You know, anime is often considered a geek thing, while manga, on the other hand, is mainstream. Anime geeks like to call themselves "otaku" ignorant of the fact the the term is derogatory.
Some kids in my school argued about how Otaku they were...but that just made them buy series just because they were anime. when they tried to drag me in I said "I don't watch anime series because it's anime I watch the series because I like it". Once I told one kid the Otaku meant house or something along those lines he shut up about his "great Otakuness".

Guttz

dananananana....BAT-MAN!!!!
(Hey, wazup. Im the new guy)

I dont know about u ppl but Berserk is 1 of the best anime around. It would be great to have a second season. So when ever #18 gets back I'll sign her petition.

There's no petetion dude. We just discuss the possibilities of a second season. It's a known fact that Media Blasters is showing interest in a second season but wether or not something will come of that is up in the air at this time.

It's good to see you read through the whole topic before posting. A lot of new folks don't do that.

Guttz

(Its the new guy again)

Do's anybody know of a web site that talks about Media Blaster thinking about a season 2 of Berserk??? ??? ??? ???

Guttz said:
(Its the new guy again)

Do's anybody know of a web site that talks about Media Blaster thinking about a season 2 of Berserk??? ??? ??? ???

Season 2 has been speculated on countless times but never serious, and if it were taken serious the members of Skullknight.net would know about it.
Like Walter says, Miura's official art and direction over someone else's interpretation is enough, but if your imagination doesn't like graphic fiction as much as animation then all you can do is read more and get better at it.

Guttz

If they made a second season of Berserk im sure it would be a hit cuz every body liked the first season. You cant say that you hated the anime. Iv showed it to alot of my friends and they liked it. If theres a way to contact Miura please tell me I would like to give him props for the anime and ask him about season 2 if he might in the future, work on it.

Why dos everybody thing negativley about a mabey up coming season 2. Some ppl think it wont happen and others dont want it to happen. For the ppl that dont want another 1, "dont watch it if you know your not gonna like it at least the ppl that want a second season will be happy and the ppl that dont want a second season wont give a shit cuz they dont have to see it. But in the other hand I can understand why you ppl dont want him to work on it cuz he might stop working on the manga for awile, but the way i see it is that right now all the manga fans are have'n it there way so now i think its time for the anime fans to have it there way. Besides he'll get back to manga after words.(u know he would if he works on a second season)Why would he leave the manga? He has no reason to so i dont think anybody gots to worry about the manga ending.

I reread the first 3 volumes and came up with a way for them to introduce Puck and stay consistent with the story of the first three volumes.

Guts saved Colette and her father the priest in the bar. Guts on that road and it's raining. The priest offers Guts a ride because he saved them. Inside the cariage happens to be Puck who they also picked up earlier. The story can continue from there. It wouldn't be that bad if it went down that way.

Like it was mentioned about introducing the Skull Knight in flashbacks, when Guts falls asleep he can dream about waking up at Godo's place and when he runs off and bumps into SK he can tell him about saving him from the eclipse. And when Guts returns to Godo's, Ricket could ask what happened, Guts mentions SK, and then Ricket mentions how he was saved by SK when the apostles attacked Rickets group the night of Griffiths' rescue. Seeing as how it shows Godo forging the DS for Guts there wouldn't be a battle with that apostle. Exit flashback/dream and instead of Guts being awoken by the Incubus, his brand could be bleeding due to the skeletons and that could be the cause of him waking up.

Just a thought. But it could work.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
dwarfkicker said:
I reread the first 3 volumes and came up with a way for them to introduce Puck and stay consistent with the story of the first three volumes.

Guts saved Colette and her father the priest in the bar. Guts on that road and it's raining. The priest offers Guts a ride because he saved them. Inside the cariage happens to be Puck who they also picked up earlier. The story can continue from there. It wouldn't be that bad if it went down that way.

Like it was mentioned about introducing the Skull Knight in flashbacks, when Guts falls asleep he can dream about waking up at Godo's place and when he runs off and bumps into SK he can tell him about saving him from the eclipse. And when Guts returns to Godo's, Ricket could ask what happened, Guts mentions SK, and then Ricket mentions how he was saved by SK when the apostles attacked Rickets group the night of Griffiths' rescue. Seeing as how it shows Godo forging the DS for Guts there wouldn't be a battle with that apostle. Exit flashback/dream and instead of Guts being awoken by the Incubus, his brand could be bleeding due to the skeletons and that could be the cause of him waking up.

Just a thought. But it could work.

So you're saying that the second season would start off where the foreshadowing in episode 1 left off. I think season 2 would start off right where the eclipse in episode 25 ended. Then maybe Ricket would have a flashback sometime soon after that showing how Skull Knight saved him. I agree with your Puck idea though. It would be very easy to intro him into the story. The only thing that they'd really have a problem with is the whole "King Griffith" line in episode 1..

DarkDragoon said:
with is the whole "King Griffith" line in episode 1..

They have to remake the whole of season 1 in order for season 2 to fit in..

Not likely but possible, the new anime will be known as "Berserk remake" where the story take place right from vol 1 to vol 28 without any censored part...

Hmm it may contain up to 8 DVDs quite a lot actually

A new Berserk anime would most definetely have to be remade from scratch. Too much was fiddled with in the series.

I so hope it does get made from scratch into a new series. Ooh, and with Madhouse doing the animation at their highest quality...

Ahhh. Well, one can dream... One can dream...

MadOmen said:
A new Berserk anime would most definetely have to be remade from scratch. Too much was fiddled with in the series.

I so hope it does get made from scratch into a new series. Ooh, and with Madhouse doing the animation at their highest quality...

Ahhh. Well, one can dream... One can dream...

Well they could actually just cut most of the anime season 1 and paste it in the new season, save a lot of time if they were to remake the whole thing

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Yeah.. them remaking season 1 is never gonna happen. What they could do though if they ever did decide to make a second season is release "special edition" season 1 DVDs, which are the same as the originals mostly.. and just have added footage of the stuff they originally left out and other changes where need be. This wouldn't be THAT much of a stretch.. since there are alot of "special edition" DVDs with bonus footage.

I like the sound of a special edition first season. Serioiusly though, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a special edition of the first season instead of a second season.

For the "Griffith is king" line they could just ignore that this has been done with other series. Yeah I know it be taking the easy way out but what other choice to they have? :-\

Top Bottom