Black Swordsman - on a bit of a budget

After Aaz's big reveal on the PSP game being a big hoax (you rotten bar steward!), I decided to do some more work to cheer me up

photo9.jpg

Note: Colours aren't final

looks very cool, good job! :ubik:
the only crit i have is if you could make the black/gray part in the middle more metallic in texture, i would look almost perfect

I think the picture isn't doing it any justice. The centre section is painted with metallic paint, but it doesn't show up too clearly in the photo

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
After Aaz's big reveal on the PSP game being a big hoax (you rotten bar steward!), I decided to do some more work to cheer me up

See, your project would be stalling without that extra motivation you get from me. You're welcome. :badbone:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Great stuff here man! that sword is looking killer. Excited to see how you handle the rest of it...Keep going! :D

Aphasia

You are a terrible tease. These look really good! Other than I thought they were more of a brown leather.

Yeah, it's a slightly darker brown than some of the statues etc out there, but it's to make things look a little more dark and brooding.

EDIT:

Some arm progress, a little bit of colour matching to be done aswell as 2 fingers and the thumb

arm.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys, it's highly appreciated. It has to be said one of my favourite things about both these items is, with the exception of paint, glue and tape they cost me absolutely nothing to build :guts:

I've got to finish off the leg and shoulder pieces next and will update those in within two weeks. And if I get time I'll be making my own olive beherit as a prop.

Agreed aaz, it has to be said I'm a little bit disappointed with myself over proportion on the sword over all, but if I had brought the centre colour back any further it wouldn't look right against the change of the blade. It's hard to explain in words, but basically it got to a point where I had to compromise a little and in person I preferred this result.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
JezzaX said:
Agreed aaz, it has to be said I'm a little bit disappointed with myself over proportion on the sword over all, but if I had brought the centre colour back any further it wouldn't look right against the change of the blade. It's hard to explain in words, but basically it got to a point where I had to compromise a little and in person I preferred this result.

No, I understand what you mean. I noticed you even put some silver paint slightly over the edge to try and reduce the amount of centre black, but you're right, you couldn't do it more. It's not a fatal flaw in the end so just keep on trucking!

Aphasia

Diggin this! I'll bet it's just too much fun to swing around. I like how the arm is just chilling out down there. : P

Treachera

Noferatu Zodd ain't got shizz on me!
JezzaX, your project is amazing. How I wish I had a massive DS just posted up in the corner of my living room.

Treachera said:
JezzaX, your project is amazing. How I wish I had a massive DS just posted up in the corner of my living room.

Thanks for saying so, as always I appreciate the kind words :serpico:

Here's the latest on the armour front -
armour.jpg

and a Beherit I decided to have a go at

beherit.jpg

Please note: Work on the throwing knives is not complete

Top Bottom