Call of Duty 4

Hmm, haven't heard much about it. Is this another one of those "WWII Shooter 4.0 Hyper Mega Ultra Edition With New Stuff This Time We Promise Oh Wait No You're Just Shooting Nazi's And Stuff Again Oh Okay" kinda games?

'cause I played that back in 1997.

*shrug*

Seriously though, is it different enough from all the other games of its kind to be worth checking out?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Bekul said:
Huh. Well, then, my information is wrong, and my interest is piqued! Halo, honestly, got boring far to quick for my comfort. >.>

I love CoD4. To be honest I've only played the first level. But I've spent countless hours on the multiplayer. I don't know what Pencil-knight was talking about when he said the multiplayer was "meh". The multiplayer is the reason to get the game. It's the best I've ever played, forget halo.

P

Pencil-smith

Let's say I'm pretty addicted to Enemy Territory : Quake Wars multiplayer.
I didn't want to advertise, but that game has much deeper gameplay in my opinion.

Off course I won't argue your preferences. If you like CoD4 multiplayer, good for you!
It sure as hell wipes the floor with Halo.

So, Bekul, you have one guy in here recommending the single player campaign, and one guy recommending the multiplayer experience. What are you waiting for ? :puck:

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:
Never been a fan of Call of Duty, because it takes place during WWII (most boring setting ever IMHO). Please don't hate me. :judo:
Walter said:
Pretty sure COD4 is actually a leap from WWII to modern day warfare. But yeah, I've never played a COD game before either, for the reason that the WWII genre has been grinded to dust.

Oh yeah? Well my Grandfather lost a Testicle to Shrapnel in that War. He went on to Father three Children. Interestingly, all of them Women. . . .
My Grandfather and his Testicles, both MIA and present and accounted for: Disapprove.

Before you ask: No, I haven't seen his War-Wound!

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
Aazealh said:
And he had a good time doing so?

No, he didn't. You'd appreciate his attitude I think, he's never glorified his experience or painted the war as being a good thing. I don't think I've ever seen a combat veteran who does for that matter.
Hmm . . . You know, a separate thread for this discussion seems like a good idea all of a sudden. I know we've got a few Veterans on here and I'm sure they've got some interesting things to relate, as well as some accounts from family members that have been passed down.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Forest Wraith said:
No, he didn't.

Then I bet he'd agree that WWII is a bad setting for games. :carcus:

Forest Wraith said:
You'd appreciate his attitude I think, he's never glorified his experience or painted the war as being a good thing. I don't think I've ever seen a combat veteran who does for that matter.
Hmm . . . You know, a separate thread for this discussion seems like a good idea all of a sudden. I know we've got a few Veterans on here and I'm sure they've got some interesting things to relate, as well as some accounts from family members that have been passed down.

Yeah, you can make a thread about it if you want.

Top Bottom