Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

handsome rakshas said:
I was going to post about this when I found out but was too ashamed to admit that I missed the opportunity. As of about a week ago the online bonus was put into back order so Grendel and Aaz check your order receipt and make sure it dosen't say back ordered! I preordered at my local Gamestop so I hope the gift pack is not an online exclusive. If so, I will probably hurt myself or someone near and dear to me! Or just pay an outrageous amount on Ebay for it! Yeah, hey I'm I sorry I didn't post the info sooner but I'm really pissed off!

I sure as hell hope it isnt, if it is already out, they should take it off their site.

EDIT:

Just saw this on a other forum about the backordered thing.

Guys, preorder bonuses almost always say "Backordered" on EB/GS websites, that's NORMAL, it just means that they don't have the bonus items in their warehouses, because the publisher did not ship them yet. Relax.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if it's not available anymore I'll just cancel it, but I'd like to know for sure in advance. You'd think they'd take the offer down if they had no more to offer though, rather than have a small "backordered" mention in the order summary after you've ordered it that most people won't notice at first glance.

In any case, I e-mailed EBGames to ask them what's the deal with this. That's the only way to be sure.

Aazealh said:
Well, if it's not available anymore I'll just cancel it, but I'd like to know for sure in advance. You'd think they'd take the offer down if they had no more to offer though, rather than have a small "backordered" mention in the order summary after you've ordered it that most people won't notice at first glance.

In any case, I e-mailed EBGames to ask them what's the deal with this. That's the only way to be sure.

Good man =) Especially in your case, I would want to know before I shipped something across the globe.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
Good man =) Especially in your case, I would want to know before I shipped something across the globe.

Yeah, you bet I do. Because otherwise I can get the game here for cheaper and a month before (taking shipping delays into account), so it'd really not be interesting.

Anyway, I'm still totally pumped about this game, and it still seems so far away. Seriously, I'm not far from counting the days. Also, now that I think about it, if anybody finds out what the trick to get Japanese dialogs is, please tell.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Yeah, you bet I do. Because otherwise I can get the game here for cheaper and a month before (taking shipping delays into account), so it'd really not be interesting.
Hey, thanks for rubbing that in my face, Aaz!  But, I've heard crazy rumors saying that the EU version has been delayed until Febuary. Can anyone verify this?

Aazealh said:
Seriously, I'm not far from counting the days.
I've been counting them for a while now! Only 42 days left!

Aazealh said:
if anybody finds out what the trick to get Japanese dialogs is, please tell.
Up, up, down down...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Hey, thanks for rubbing that in my face, Aaz! But, I've heard crazy rumors saying that the EU version has been delayed until Febuary. Can anyone verify this?

Haven't heard about anything like this so far, but that's not impossible. Of course if it's officialized I'll post the news here.

handsome rakshas said:
Up, up, down down...

Haha, I guess I'll give it a shot, just in case. :guts:

Anyway, I got a reply from EBGames:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

Bonus items are first come first serve and while supplies last. We cannot tell if you ordered in time to receive a bonus. Thank you and have a nice day.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best Regards

They're not really helping. I'll press them to try to know when I'll be able to know whether I'm getting the bonus or not... In any case it's normal to see it as "backordered," I snooped around and apparently it's the same for everybody, even people that pre-ordered in August.

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
Aazealh said:
Haven't heard about anything like this so far, but that's not impossible. Of course if it's officialized I'll post the news here.

So far, the only site I've seen that has reported this is eurogamer.net, here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Casan said:
So far, the only site I've seen that has reported this is eurogamer.net, here.

Hmm, that sounds a bit weird, aren't those extra-features (online spell-trading, online shop system, Wi-Fi co-op Boss Rush) already in the game? Or is this a global delay and not just European? It'd be a shame to only add these features to the European version, and if you pay attention, it doesn't say anywhere that it's the European version being delayed, just that a guy from Konami Europe announced it.

Aazealh said:
Hmm, that sounds a bit weird, aren't those extra-features (online spell-trading, online shop system, Wi-Fi co-op Boss Rush) already in the game? Or is this a global delay and not just European? It'd be a shame to only add these features to the European version, and if you pay attention, it doesn't say anywhere that it's the European version being delayed, just that a guy from Konami Europe announced it.

As far as I know those features are in the US version.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
As far as I know those features are in the US version.

Yeah, same here. That's why it sounds unlikely to me. The European version is just the US version with 4 more languages to choose from, nothing more, nothing less. So if Konami is delaying the release of the game until February to add those features, it's going to be a global delay (meaning for all versions). And I'd really prefer this not to be the case.

Anyway, IGN's hands-on preview from 2 days ago where they tested the online features (those that aren't supposed to be implemented yet) specifically states that: "The game's scheduled for release in mid-December, but the game's done and Konami will do its darndest to get the game out on shelves as soon as it is able."

Hmmm, I checked my order status for my Castlevania: PoR and for the bonus pack thing it said "Back Ordered" if this is so I may have to cancel my pre-order and just pick it up when it arrives in my stores.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zelz said:
Hmmm, I checked my order status for my Castlevania: PoR and for the bonus pack thing it said "Back Ordered" if this is so I may have to cancel my pre-order and just pick it up when it arrives in my stores.

How about you read the thread before posting in it?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Zelz said:
I did.... I am just saying I have the same back order issue....

Well, my point is that it's not an issue. It's just written as backordered because they don't have them in stock yet. It's the same for everybody, even people that ordered months ago. So you don't need to cancel your pre-order, it's fine.

EDIT: New reply from EBGames:

Thank you for contacting EBgames.com.

There is no way for us to know until your order ships. We have no way to check this in our system. Thank you and have a nice day.

Well my dear, your system sucks.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Casan said:
Just saw that qj.net basically has the same exact story about the delay. I really wish someone would just clear this up, once and for all.

And you know what's funny? I traced the news source from that site you just posted, and it turns out the original news (after 3 or 4 relays) was here: http://www.gamersquad.com/category/Nintendo-DS/Castlevania--Portrait-of-Ruin-release-delayed/

And this one bases itself on Eurogamer's claim, but the writer seems a bit confused as to what they're saying anyway (since the Euro version wasn't planned to be released in Feb originally unlike what she's saying, it's supposed to come out earlier than in the USA, just like it did for Dawn of Sorrow). So basically it's really nothing new, and doesn't confirm anything at all. Now I'd like to ask, where's Eurogamer's source? Where's the official announcement from Konami? I can't believe how unprofessionally these matters are handled.

Voyevoda

Breathe and Start
Now I'd like to ask, where's Eurogamer's source? Where's the official announcement from Konami?

Yeah, that's exactly what I would like to know as well. It should be pretty easy to put something like this to rest, right?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Casan said:
It should be pretty easy to put something like this to rest, right?

Indeed. And this is just the consequence of a general mispractice that people don't pay enough attention to. "Serious" sites that don't cite their sources, and other websites that rely on them practically blindly and relay their information without verifying it themselves. In cases like this one, it ends up being a confusing mess that lasts for over a week.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
The official JP website has put up the animated intro for those who can't wait to see.

Well, it's not bad but you know... Could be better, IMHO. I don't really dig their mainstream art style these days, and that goes for that video too. Good ideas, but not so good execution to me. Fortunately that won't affect the actual game.

EDIT: Also, why isn't this the official artwork for the game? 01 | 02

It's much better than what they've chosen...

Top Bottom